Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Is your child’s school requiring Covid vaccination?
1  2  3  4  5  Next

Is your kids’ school requiring the Covid vaccine?
All staff are required to be vaccinated  
 6%  [ 7 ]
All staff and students over 12 are required to be vaccinated  
 5%  [ 6 ]
No vaccination required  
 88%  [ 98 ]
Total Votes : 111

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 8:32 pm
My kids’ school just sent out an email to all the parents letting them know that kids who are 12 and older will only be allowed to attend if they got the Covid vaccine. They are also requiring all staff to be vaccinated. I’d like to know if this is more or less the norm right now in day schools or not.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 8:33 pm
My kids schools are not mandating it

amother
DarkOrange

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 8:37 pm
My 13 year old is vaccinated but the school is not requiring it. I have a feeling it will eventually become part of the standard childhood vaccinations though and then they will.

mha3484

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 8:42 pm
No. Not required at my kid’s school.

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 8:43 pm
As of now my 12.5 year old dd school is not requiring it.
I hope that doesn't change

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 8:49 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
As of now my 12.5 year old dd school is not requiring it.
I hope that doesn't change

I have two kids who are vaccination age. Neither school is mandating vaccines OR masks. I have another in elementary school, they are also not mandating anything. The only one who’s school mandates I’m confused about is my preschooler, but it won’t affect her anyway.

trixx

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 9:00 pm
You need to band together with other parents and resist.

tigerwife

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 9:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My kids’ school just sent out an email to all the parents letting them know that kids who are 12 and older will only be allowed to attend if they got the Covid vaccine. They are also requiring all staff to be vaccinated. I’d like to know if this is more or less the norm right now in day schools or not.

When do you begin school? I’m surprised that they can make a mandate like this so close to the new school year when it takes at least 3 weeks to get vaccinated.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 9:16 pm
tigerwife wrote:
When do you begin school? I’m surprised that they can make a mandate like this so close to the new school year when it takes at least 3 weeks to get vaccinated.

We start first week of September. They are requiring at least the first dose by the first day of school and proof of a scheduled second dose.

amother
Peony

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 9:20 pm
You must stand up to the tyranny. It will not stop at Covid vaccines.

amother
Aconite

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 9:23 pm
Either the parents band together and exert maximum legal pressure or many will cave & the rest of you will have to pull out.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 9:23 pm
trixx wrote:
You need to band together with other parents and resist.
l
Many parents in my area HAVE gotten together and there are WhatsApp chats for different schools called PAM (parents against mandates) Letters have been written to numerous school administrations.
My husband told me that some of his friends have also told different school administrators that if they implement mask or vaccine mandates, they will pull their children out of school.

amother
Azalea

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 9:26 pm
I’m grateful that my kid’s preschool has all staff vaccinated. There are no kids 12+ so that part of the question isn’t applicable to me. All kids 2+ and all adults have to mask.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 9:27 pm
Our OOT school has been very strict about Covid, but they are not mandating anything. They highly encouraged staff to vaccinate, and many did, but it was not required.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 9:27 pm
My oldest two who are in their late teens got the vaccine when it first came out. Only afterwards did we start hearing some disturbing reports of myocarditis as a side effect of the vaccine affecting mostly adolescents. I thought this was coming from rumors but my brother in law who is a Hatzalah volunteer confirmed this, as he’s seen several teens rushed to the hospital shortly after getting the Pfizer vaccine.

So I really don’t know what I’m going to do. I’d like to wait a bit and see if there are further studies on this before having my 12 year old get the vaccine. Meanwhile, now she has no school to go to since we live in a very small frum community with only one day school for our children. The next option for a frum school is a two hour drive away.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 9:28 pm
Nope. Not in the yeshiva world and hope it stays that way!! Also for staff...

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 9:30 pm
BrachaVHatzlocha wrote:
Nope. Not in the yeshiva world and hope it stays that way!! Also for staff...

I don’t think this is necessarily true outside of NY

dancingqueen

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 9:36 pm
I think many if not most MO schools are requiring vaccination, sounds like non MO schools not so much.

amother
Peony

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 9:54 pm
You all know that no vaccination required means not YET. It’s a matter of time everywhere.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 9:59 pm
Homeschool coops or non govt funded private schools is the way to go . Children do not need this.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics