Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Is your child’s school requiring Covid vaccination?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Is your kids’ school requiring the Covid vaccine?
All staff are required to be vaccinated  
 6%  [ 7 ]
All staff and students over 12 are required to be vaccinated  
 5%  [ 6 ]
No vaccination required  
 88%  [ 98 ]
Total Votes : 111

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 9:44 am
OBnursemom wrote:
I agree that religious exemptions are problematic. Vaccines are not against our religion. If you prefer not to, use an excuse that doesn’t tar all of us with the same brush.
it was a personal religious belief so no tarring anyone
(chv the horror of being associated with the likes of those kinda ppl /sarcasm)

nicole81

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 10:26 am
amother [ Topaz ] wrote:
Central needs it
Shefa school needs it

Central does not require it. I have a child there.

I don't know about shefa schools but I also don't know where you're getting your info from...

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 10:49 am
hardworking mom wrote:
I actually didn't like the idea of using religious exemption for not vaccinating. Saying it is against my religion when honestly it's not makes for a chilul hashem. We should however be able to say no I don't want to vaccinate and still be able to go to school and get a job. It should be none of the government's business if I do or don't. But most people especially the provaxers like believing the government when they say that they are "worried about us" uh huh you believe that then I have a few valuable bridges to sell you one is made of real gold!

100% agree medical treatment should neverbe mandated. People should be FREE to make their own decisions.

This is how sneaky government works. They make a mandate but they give exemptions because cant pass law without them. Then take away the exemptions.

nicole81

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 10:59 am
#BestBubby wrote:
100% agree medical treatment should neverbe mandated. People should be FREE to make their own decisions.

This is how sneaky government works. They make a mandate but they give exemptions because cant pass law without them. Then take away the exemptions.

Why do you jump on every thread even remotely related to vaccination and espouse your political views? This was a thread inquiring as to if specific schools are mandating the vaccine, not asking what you think of the concept. Everyone knows how you feel about it; you don't need to keep inserting yourself. You're not changing anyone's opinion with your adamancy, and it's disrespectful to OPs to continually derail their posts.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 2:48 pm
flmommy wrote:
OP do you mind saying what State you are in?

I am in Ottawa, Canada. None of the public elementary or high schools have this mandate. It seems to be that the type of frum community I live in believe in being ultra cautious with Covid, much more than even government regulation. Last year the kids had to be masked not just indoors but outdoors as well. My daughter was out of breath while masked and playing basketball outdoors and lowered her mask for a few seconds to catch her breath (she moved far from everyone around her) and she was suspended from school for three days.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 4:22 pm
SuperWify wrote:
I’m sorry that is so sad. Poor babies.

I do not think it is sad at all. We are grateful that the schools are taking action to protect the children who are not old enough to be vaccinated yet. We saw last year that with universal masking, there was little to no spread in the schools. It's a useful mitigation measure and most of the kids had no issue--was very impressed with how well they did. Hopefully things will improve and it will not be needed for the whole year.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 4:25 pm
Simple1 wrote:
The staff are vaccinated and they are still requiring masks on kids?

Yes. As far as I know, all of the schools in my community are. It's recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics, as well as mandated by the state at the moment.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 5:00 pm
amother [ Oatmeal ] wrote:
I do not think it is sad at all. We are grateful that the schools are taking action to protect the children who are not old enough to be vaccinated yet. We saw last year that with universal masking, there was little to no spread in the schools. It's a useful mitigation measure and most of the kids had no issue--was very impressed with how well they did. Hopefully things will improve and it will not be needed for the whole year.

This is so sad to read. I pity your children and all children who have to wear masks in school . Making children suffer needlessly:(

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 5:03 pm
SuperWify wrote:

Yes!! It’s abusive to put masks on these babies.
What are their moms thinking? It’s hard to understand and these poor kids suffer. I was in the pharmacy next to a mom with her 2 year old wearing 2 masks! Poor, poor baby!

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 5:14 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Yes!! It’s abusive to put masks on these babies.
What are their moms thinking? It’s hard to understand and these poor kids suffer. I was in the pharmacy next to a mom with her 2 year old wearing 2 masks! Poor, poor baby!

You're far more bothered than the kid is. Trust me, if the kid minded that mask would have been pulled off by then.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 5:18 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
You're far more bothered than the kid is. Trust me, if the kid minded that mask would have been pulled off by then.

Some kids are scared and conditioned into wearing them. It’s very sad

amother
Oatmeal

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 5:19 pm
This is so sad to read. I pity your children and all children who have to wear masks in school . Making children suffer needlessly:(

Hilarious. My children do not need or want your pity--I assure you. They are happy that their parents and community are taking action to keep them safe and well. They are not suffering at all and are super excited about the new school year.

amother
Impatiens

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 5:21 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:

No
Unfortunately kids are being trained to be little bots who are afraid to breath.

simchatomid

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 5:25 pm
SuperWify wrote:

I'm sorry, I cannot sit by quietly while reading comments like this - not personal to this poster, but to this comment and all similar comments.

NO. Poor adults who died on ventilators alone, poor anyone who had to be in the hospital alone because hundreds of people were dying of COVID just in NYC every day! Poor women who had traumatic childbirths ALONE, who gave birth while spouses or parents or siblings were fighting for their lives on ventilators. Poor us - who lost TOO MANY Gedolim to COVID! Have we forgotten?! A few short months ago we all had inboxes FULL of names for Tehillim!

Yes, I acknowledge myocarditis - a condition that is rarely even symptomatic (it happens WAY more frequently than we even know, usually with unknown etiology, most cases are asymptomatic) - has not had any long-term effects even in the RARE occasion that a teenager develops a more severe case. EVERYTHING has risk. COVID has HUGE risks. Not just for kids (who cannot be vaccinated yet) and for the teenagers themselves. Without the vaccine they can spread COVID to the elderly who still have some risk (albeit lower) even with the vaccine. Without the vaccine, the variants are more likely to attach to them, as a very exciting "available" host, and mutate.

Please everyone - read the research yourself. The actual research. Research from scientists that have been doing this work for decades. Not conspiracy theories. Not fear-mongering from either side. Just the research.

Hatzala members lamenting about the rare cases of myocarditis?! I'm sure there are a lot more hatzalah members talking about the members who DIED from COVID. Hashem Yerachem, how quickly we forget!! There were people who gave their lives for COVID - doctors, EMS workers, hatzalah members - who died. And Hakadosh Baruch Hu has given us an antidote!! The top scientific minds in the world all agree that it is safer than the risk of COVID. That means it is our hishtadlus to follow them!

Medical personnel have been wearing masks WITHOUT ANY ISSUE for at least a hundred years when in sterile or contagious situations. What do people actually think is going to happen, aside from avoiding some extra viruses and the potential to continue spreading the current global pandemic and KILLING PEOPLE. Kids don't mind masks. Adults do - so they have to grow up and show some personal responsibility for other people in the world. Should your child endanger his Rebbi or menahel's life because of a little discomfort? How are people comfortable living like that - we have achrayus to live responsibly in this world.

As an aside, it is slowly coming out how every top politician has not only vaccinated themselves (because they had to) - but have also VOLUNTARILY vaccinated their family members INCLUDING their children. We really have to be careful about the information we get, where we get it from and what the sources are.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 5:28 pm
simchatomid wrote:
I'm sorry, I cannot sit by quietly while reading comments like this - not personal to this poster, but to this comment and all similar comments.

NO. Poor adults who died on ventilators alone, poor anyone who had to be in the hospital alone because hundreds of people were dying of COVID just in NYC every day! Poor women who had traumatic childbirths ALONE, who gave birth while spouses or parents or siblings were fighting for their lives on ventilators. Poor us - who lost TOO MANY Gedolim to COVID! Have we forgotten?! A few short months ago we all had inboxes FULL of names for Tehillim!

Yes, I acknowledge myocarditis - a condition that is rarely even symptomatic (it happens WAY more frequently than we even know, usually with unknown etiology, most cases are asymptomatic) - has not had any long-term effects even in the RARE occasion that a teenager develops a more severe case. EVERYTHING has risk. COVID has HUGE risks. Not just for kids (who cannot be vaccinated yet) and for the teenagers themselves. Without the vaccine they can spread COVID to the elderly who still have some risk (albeit lower) even with the vaccine. Without the vaccine, the variants are more likely to attach to them, as a very exciting "available" host, and mutate.

Please everyone - read the research yourself. The actual research. Research from scientists that have been doing this work for decades. Not conspiracy theories. Not fear-mongering from either side. Just the research.

Hatzala members lamenting about the rare cases of myocarditis?! I'm sure there are a lot more hatzalah members talking about the members who DIED from COVID. Hashem Yerachem, how quickly we forget!! There were people who gave their lives for COVID - doctors, EMS workers, hatzalah members - who died. And Hakadosh Baruch Hu has given us an antidote!! The top scientific minds in the world all agree that it is safer than the risk of COVID. That means it is our hishtadlus to follow them!

Medical personnel have been wearing masks WITHOUT ANY ISSUE for at least a hundred years when in sterile or contagious situations. What do people actually think is going to happen, aside from avoiding some extra viruses and the potential to continue spreading the current global pandemic and KILLING PEOPLE. Kids don't mind masks. Adults do - so they have to grow up and show some personal responsibility for other people in the world. Should your child endanger his Rebbi or menahel's life because of a little discomfort? How are people comfortable living like that - we have achrayus to live responsibly in this world.

As an aside, it is slowly coming out how every top politician has not only vaccinated themselves (because they had to) - but have also VOLUNTARILY vaccinated their family members INCLUDING their children. We really have to be careful about the information we get, where we get it from and what the sources are.

This is all important but doesn’t take away from the fact that kids wearing masks isn’t backed by science and is causing kids to suffer unnecessarily. #unmaskkids #freethesmiles

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 5:29 pm
amother [ Oatmeal ] wrote:
Hilarious. My children do not need or want your pity--I assure you. They are happy that their parents and community are taking action to keep them safe and well. They are not suffering at all and are super excited about the new school year.

I truly pity your children.

amother
Garnet

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 7:09 pm
nicole81 wrote:
Central does not require it. I have a child there.

I don't know about shefa schools but I also don't know where you're getting your info from...

That’s surprising because YU requires it.

amother
Garnet

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 7:10 pm
I truly pity your children.

You are truly rude.

amother
Garnet

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 7:11 pm
This is all important but doesn’t take away from the fact that kids wearing masks isn’t backed by science and is causing kids to suffer unnecessarily. #unmaskkids #freethesmiles

They’re really fine.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 7:25 pm
simchatomid wrote:

Not to mention how many gedolim urged the community to vaccinate! Not doing so is going against daas Torah and endangering others.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics