Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Is your child’s school requiring Covid vaccination?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Is your kids’ school requiring the Covid vaccine?
All staff are required to be vaccinated  
 6%  [ 7 ]
All staff and students over 12 are required to be vaccinated  
 5%  [ 6 ]
No vaccination required  
 88%  [ 98 ]
Total Votes : 111

amother
Trillium

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 7:27 pm
I'm vaccinated, but would be very very very upset if my child's school demands my child be vaccinated.
I don't want to vaccinate any of my kids, once they're 18 they can make their own choice.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 8:01 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Some kids are scared and conditioned into wearing them. It’s very sad

And some kids actually want to. You can’t make a sweeping judgement that a child wearing a mask is abusive. It’s just not accurate. (Read the child abuse thread from yesterday or the day before for more.)

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 8:03 pm
Some kids are scared and conditioned into wearing them. It’s very sad

My toddlers too young to understand why. She just knows that's what everyone is doing. Would you also say it's sad that she's conditioned to wear shoes when we go outside?

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 8:41 pm
amother [ Garnet ] wrote:
You are truly rude.

I’m genuinely not trying to be rude. I truly feel badly for children whose parents think mask wearing is “fine” and “not a big deal” and “we are just staying safe”.

I wear a mask and I wear it and do what I have to do. But putting a mask on a child is cruel.

Yes, it sounds harsh but it’s true. Kids don’t have as much control as to when they need a breath and they can be scared into wearing it always.
Teachers now have another rule over kids and they can be harsh in the carryover.
Shy kids now have another hurdle to jump and any kid with a communication impairment no matter how small has another difficulty to surpass.
Kids masks can be filthy and although I personally wash my kids masks after one usage, many parents I have spoken with do not. They harbor germs and many teens have had acne issues as well and little kids rash issues that are arising from mask wearing.

Most importantly mask wearing in children isn’t backed by science! COVID is a very rare complication for children and so this isn’t a necessary precaution for them personally. If a teacher or related family member is concerned about COVID they are more then welcome to get 3 vaccines and wear 2 masks, BUT don’t let the kids suffer!

small bean

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 8:52 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
My toddlers too young to understand why. She just knows that's what everyone is doing. Would you also say it's sad that she's conditioned to wear shoes when we go outside?

Yes, I think it's really sad that she must wear shoes when outside.

finprof

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 9:01 pm
Natural- the concern isn't JUST for the kid's health. (Most will recover with no complications.) The real issue is kids spreading it to other vulnerable members of the family and community at large. We are a community who cares for one another, let's act like it! I'm happy that my children's school requires masks and vaccines- IMHO it shows that the school ACTUALLY cares about the elderly ALL THE TIME and is a much more meaningful gesture than the YT cards ect that the kids make at school.

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 9:03 pm
finprof, I guess you are unaware that vaccinated can get Covid and SPREAD COVID TO OTHERS.

So there is no rationale for coercing anyone to get vaxxed. It does NOT protect others!

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 9:05 pm
finprof wrote:
Natural- the concern isn't JUST for the kid's health. (Most will recover with no complications.) The real issue is kids spreading it to other vulnerable members of the family and community at large. We are a community who cares for one another, let's act like it! I'm happy that my children's school requires masks and vaccines- IMHO it shows that the school ACTUALLY cares about the elderly ALL THE TIME and is a much more meaningful gesture than the YT cards ect that the kids make at school.

The adults who are COVID-concerned should have been vaccinated already 2 times. ( If they wish for the booster then 3?) Why is it necessary for the kids to wear masks?

amother
Oatmeal

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 9:17 pm
The adults who are COVID-concerned should have been vaccinated already 2 times. ( If they wish for the booster then 3?) Why is it necessary for the kids to wear masks?

Because layering mitigation strategies increases the chances of preventing transmission and keeping people from getting sick. Think about it like pieces of Swiss cheese--each mitigation strategy has some holes in it--vaccines are not 100% effective, masks are not 100% effective. But when you overlap them by doing both, it improves our odds.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 9:23 pm
amother [ Oatmeal ] wrote:
Because layering mitigation strategies increases the chances of preventing transmission and keeping people from getting sick. Think about it like pieces of Swiss cheese--each mitigation strategy has some holes in it--vaccines are not 100% effective, masks are not 100% effective. But when you overlap them by doing both, it improves our odds.

I hear that and appreciate the analogy.
At the same time, many children are suffering from wearing masks. They are so uncomfortable for many and really impact their quality of life. It has to be really, really necessary to impose on a child like that. ( which it isn’t)
There are many doctors and neurologists who strongly opposed to children wearing masks.
As said before, any adult who is concerned can double mask and triple vaccinate, but don’t sacrifice the children.

fleetwood

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 9:32 pm
I'm astonished by some of these responses. If my kid has to wear a mask to keep himself and others safe ,then he will wear a mask.

What kind of example are we showing our children..that we literally could care less about the health of our fellow jews?

I am so disheartened by some of these responses. How can we literally not give a darn about those around us.

You can keep your tznius and shabbat and taharat mishpacha...but throw it all in the trash when you literally could care less about your fellow jews! Disgusting!!

Sacrifice the children?? How? By asking them to mask up to protect themselves and their friends? Stop whining about it and you'll see the kids are not being sacrificed!! What a ridiculous concept!!

amother
SandyBrown

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 9:35 pm
fleetwood wrote:
I'm astonished by some of these responses. If my kid has to wear a mask to keep himself and others safe ,then he will wear a mask.

What kind of example are we showing our children..that we literally could care less about the health of our fellow jews?

I am so disheartened by some of these responses. How can we literally not give a darn about those around us.

You can keep your tznius and shabbat and taharat mishpacha...but throw it all in the trash when you literally could care less about your fellow jews! Disgusting!!

My problem is with the 2-5 year olds
Israel mandates masks from age 7 or so.
The EU from age 8 or so.
In almost everything else Israel, EU and USA agree on policy.
Only this
So is it actually science or guesses. Is the US doing that much better than Israel because of mandating daycare, preschool and kindergarten masking?

small bean

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 9:37 pm
fleetwood wrote:

You'd have to prove that we are saving lives this way. And You'd have tonprove that the benefits outweigh the risks. Both physically and emotionally in growing kids.

You don't have the proof because for everybstudy done one way, there is one the other.

In lakewood, while people have gotten the sick, there has been no restrictions for over a year and we haven't had these major outbreaks in schools. A kid here, there etc. Back to sweden where they didn't mask or distance in school, they said teachers were less likely to get covid. There's really no proof that masked and distanced schools fared better.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 9:37 pm
I’m genuinely not trying to be rude. I truly feel badly for children whose parents think mask wearing is “fine” and “not a big deal” and “we are just staying safe”.

I wear a mask and I wear it and do what I have to do. But putting a mask on a child is cruel.

Yes, it sounds harsh but it’s true. Kids don’t have as much control as to when they need a breath and they can be scared into wearing it always.
Teachers now have another rule over kids and they can be harsh in the carryover.
Shy kids now have another hurdle to jump and any kid with a communication impairment no matter how small has another difficulty to surpass.
Kids masks can be filthy and although I personally wash my kids masks after one usage, many parents I have spoken with do not. They harbor germs and many teens have had acne issues as well and little kids rash issues that are arising from mask wearing.

Most importantly mask wearing in children isn’t backed by science! COVID is a very rare complication for children and so this isn’t a necessary precaution for them personally. If a teacher or related family member is concerned about COVID they are more then welcome to get 3 vaccines and wear 2 masks, BUT don’t let the kids suffer!

Mask wearing is 100% back by science. And the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends it for this school year. Children should have multiple available every day to change as needed. Thousands of kids in my community managed this last year without issue.

To address your concern that there are children whose parents think mask wearing is "fine" and "not a big deal" and "we are just staying safe," you do not have to put words into my mouth. I will tell you what we are teaching our children in my family: "that we are all responsible for one another," "that this is part of the social contract right now," and "that these responsibilities come from the Torah." We are teaching them that they are precious to us and that their health and safety is important. We are also teaching them that they not the only people in the world, that we are all connected, and that Judaism has survived all of these millennia because Jews cared about and took care of one another. That just like so many people look out for them and their health and safety, we are reciprocating and looking out for others. So no, I'm not telling my kids it's "fine"; I am telling them that it is the right thing to do in this very challenging moment that we find ourselves in. And that it will help keep both them and others healthy. So you don't need to make up words to put in my mouth--these are my words. My children are not suffering; on the contrary, they feel like they are doing their part to help our world get out of this situation. The only thing that has been hard to explain to them is why everyone else is not helping also.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 9:43 pm
I hear that and appreciate the analogy.
At the same time, many children are suffering from wearing masks. They are so uncomfortable for many and really impact their quality of life. It has to be really, really necessary to impose on a child like that. ( which it isn’t)
There are many doctors and neurologists who strongly opposed to children wearing masks.
As said before, any adult who is concerned can double mask and triple vaccinate, but don’t sacrifice the children.

I hear the discomfort--not every mask is comfortable for every person. We went through many different kinds before finding ones that work. Ultimately, we found ones that everyone in the family can kind of forget are on. I sort of think of masks like undergarments--when you finally find the ones that fit properly, you don't notice them very much most of the time.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 9:43 pm
Mask wearing is 100% back by science. And the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends it for this school year. Children should have multiple available every day to change as needed. Thousands of kids in my community managed this last year without issue.

To address your concern that there are children whose parents think mask wearing is "fine" and "not a big deal" and "we are just staying safe," you do not have to put words into my mouth. I will tell you what we are teaching our children in my family: "that we are all responsible for one another," "that this is part of the social contract right now," and "that these responsibilities come from the Torah." We are teaching them that they are precious to us and that their health and safety is important. We are also teaching them that they not the only people in the world, that we are all connected, and that Judaism has survived all of these millennia because Jews cared about and took care of one another. That just like so many people look out for them and their health and safety, we are reciprocating and looking out for others. So no, I'm not telling my kids it's "fine"; I am telling them that it is the right thing to do in this very challenging moment that we find ourselves in. And that it will help keep both them and others healthy. So you don't need to make up words to put in my mouth--these are my words. My children are not suffering; on the contrary, they feel like they are doing their part to help our world get out of this situation. The only thing that has been hard to explain to them is why everyone else is not helping also.

I hear you and hear your “ feel good mantra “ that a large part of the MO community has embraced to support their position. At the same time if you walk into Lakewood or Monsey or Brooklyn you will see hundreds of toddlers and children who are living a normal healthy existence with nary a mask in sight. Has there been a significant outbreak in any of these communities recently? Not at all.
I live in an MO community and have come to realize that we are really depriving our children a normal and healthy childhood. And even more so, my community has had a significant outbreak recently with all the precautions in place.
And “Science” nowadays can go both ways, but there is plenty of research that shows how harmful masks are to children.
Unfortunately, it’s really not so simple.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 9:46 pm
I hear the discomfort--not every mask is comfortable for every person. We went through many different kinds before finding ones that work. Ultimately, we found ones that everyone in the family can kind of forget are on. I sort of think of masks like undergarments--when you finally find the ones that fit properly, you don't notice them very much most of the time.

You are a good mother for trying to find comfortable ones.

amother
Narcissus

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 10:01 pm
fleetwood wrote:

Sacrifice the children?? How? By asking them to mask up to protect themselves and their friends? Stop whining about it and you'll see the kids are not being sacrificed!! What a ridiculous concept!!

No were telling our children that they are allowed to breath and develop normally EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE THAT THEY ARE SPREADING DISEASES. Because were not Spreading anything we wouldn't be if we were wearing a mask.
Yes children play together. They lick each other's toys or lollipops, they'll eat off the floor and just blow (sometimes other times they'll just pop it in.) That's how hashem made them! Do you know why hashem made kids that way? Surprise surprise so that they SHOULD catch germs they should catch germs strengthen their immune system and grow up to be healthy adults.

fleetwood

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 10:08 pm
amother [ Narcissus ] wrote:
No were telling our children that they are allowed to breath and develop normally EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE THAT THEY ARE SPREADING DISEASES. Because were not Spreading anything we wouldn't be if we were wearing a mask.
Yes children play together. They lick each other's toys or lollipops, they'll eat off the floor and just blow (sometimes other times they'll just pop it in.) That's how hashem made them! Do you know why hashem made kids that way? Surprise surprise so that they SHOULD catch germs they should catch germs strengthen their immune system and grow up to be healthy adults.

Thanks for proving my point. Like I wrote.. disheartening.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 10:12 pm
amother [ SandyBrown ] wrote:
My problem is with the 2-5 year olds
Israel mandates masks from age 7 or so.
The EU from age 8 or so.
In almost everything else Israel, EU and USA agree on policy.
Only this
So is it actually science or guesses. Is the US doing that much better than Israel because of mandating daycare, preschool and kindergarten masking?

Can someone please respond to this.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics