Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Is your child’s school requiring Covid vaccination?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

Is your kids’ school requiring the Covid vaccine?
All staff are required to be vaccinated  
 6%  [ 7 ]
All staff and students over 12 are required to be vaccinated  
 5%  [ 6 ]
No vaccination required  
 88%  [ 98 ]
Total Votes : 111

amother
Narcissus

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 10:13 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Thanks for proving my point. Like I wrote.. disheartening.

Huh?

amother
Garnet

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 10:18 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
I’m genuinely not trying to be rude. I truly feel badly for children whose parents think mask wearing is “fine” and “not a big deal” and “we are just staying safe”.

I wear a mask and I wear it and do what I have to do. But putting a mask on a child is cruel.

Yes, it sounds harsh but it’s true. Kids don’t have as much control as to when they need a breath and they can be scared into wearing it always.
Teachers now have another rule over kids and they can be harsh in the carryover.
Shy kids now have another hurdle to jump and any kid with a communication impairment no matter how small has another difficulty to surpass.
Kids masks can be filthy and although I personally wash my kids masks after one usage, many parents I have spoken with do not. They harbor germs and many teens have had acne issues as well and little kids rash issues that are arising from mask wearing.

Most importantly mask wearing in children isn’t backed by science! COVID is a very rare complication for children and so this isn’t a necessary precaution for them personally. If a teacher or related family member is concerned about COVID they are more then welcome to get 3 vaccines and wear 2 masks, BUT don’t let the kids suffer!

People think it’s cruel to put three year olds in tights and long sleeves in the summer but it’s still rude to go up to a mother who enforces that dress code and tell her she’s cruel.

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 2:37 am
amother [ Oatmeal ] wrote:
Because layering mitigation strategies increases the chances of preventing transmission and keeping people from getting sick. Think about it like pieces of Swiss cheese--each mitigation strategy has some holes in it--vaccines are not 100% effective, masks are not 100% effective. But when you overlap them by doing both, it improves our odds.

Hey you can just hide in bed under the covers for the rest of your life.

But dont force me to join you.

juggling

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 3:15 am
amother [ Garnet ] wrote:
People think it’s cruel to put three year olds in tights and long sleeves in the summer but it’s still rude to go up to a mother who enforces that dress code and tell her she’s cruel.

This is such an amazing point! It's cruel to put a kid in a mask, but OK to make them wear tights, tzitzit, etc?
I was going to take it in the direction of bike helmets, but I'm afraid to hear what people think about those.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 2:10 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Hey you can just hide in bed under the covers for the rest of your life.

But dont force me to join you.

This mantra that someone is cowering in fear if one takes reasonable precautions to avoid catching and spreading covid is just fascinating....

FYI, if we wanted to hide under the covers, we wouldn't need to vaccinate and mask up in public. Vaccination and masks allow us to be in the world, while doing what we can to reduce the chances that we will get sick or make someone else sick.

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 3:42 pm
Oatmeal, Per CDC, Vaccines don't stop anyone from getting or SPREADING Covid!

fleetwood

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 3:53 pm
#BestBubby wrote:

SO WHAT??!!!!

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 3:58 pm
Reprint:

A: Are you going to get Covid vaccine?

B: I think I am going to wait a little longer.

A: Why are you being so selfish?

B: How am I being selfish?

A: Because if you get Covid, you could give it to me!

B: But you are vaccinated!

A: Yeah, but I can still get it.

B: So if I get vaxxed, I could still get it.

A: Yeah, but you should still get it because then you won't pass it to me.

B: So I should get vaxxed, but I can still get and PASS IT ON to you.

A: Well yeah, but you should still get it.

B: But you catch it off of me, whether I get vaxxed or not!

A: Yeah, but you should still get it.

B: But WHY???

A: Because it it the right thing to do.

B: Says who?

A: The people who make billions $$$ making it.

B: ????

amother
Oatmeal

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 4:09 pm
#BestBubby wrote:

This is a completely misleading statement. Yes, it appears that the vaccines do not stop transmission 100%. Since when has 100% efficacy been required for something to be helpful?? Furthermore, it is extremely clear that vaccinated people on average are experiencing much less severe cases. The hospitals in America are filled with unvaccinated patients now.

Do you wear a mask when you are indoors in public? If not, why not?

Fascinated

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 3:02 pm
This discussion has a simple resolution. In His Great Benevolence to us Hashem allowed mankind the binah and daas to produce vaccines for this terrible makkah. Vaccines were largely effective at 2 great things 1)blocking transmission of covid. This manifested in a greatly reduced viral load in infected people who were vaccinated upon nasal swab. And 2) reducing severe disease and hospitalization rates. The vaccine-induced antibodies (moreso than natural ones which are a narrower coverage) beChasdei Hashem Yisbarach, fabulously helped prevent cases from progressing from 'colds' to hypoxia and hospitalization. What a simcha! What has changed now, if one looks at the Delta playing out in EY, is that transmission is happening much more with the Delta variant than it did with regular covid in vaccinated hosts. Thats #1 above. So vaccinated people are still getting it and spreading it. For that, we are sad. But we accept.
BUT (what a but!) #2 is still BARUCH HASHEM true. Those who are vaccinated are LARGELY doing MUCH better than those who aren't. SO although they can get it and even unfortunately transmit this new Delta variant, those who got the vaccine are, for the majority, not progressing to hypoxia and severe disease. THAT IS A CHESED from Hashem. SO vaccines are a gift to be celebrated and . Hodu LaHashem for that.

trixx

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 3:05 pm
Fascinated wrote:
This discussion has a simple resolution. In His Great Benevolence to us Hashem allowed mankind the binah and daas to produce vaccines for this terrible makkah. Vaccines were largely effective at 2 great things 1)blocking transmission of covid. This manifested in a greatly reduced viral load in infected people who were vaccinated upon nasal swab. And 2) reducing severe disease and hospitalization rates. The vaccine-induced antibodies (moreso than natural ones which are a narrower coverage) beChasdei Hashem Yisbarach, fabulously helped prevent cases from progressing from 'colds' to hypoxia and hospitalization. What a simcha! What has changed now, if one looks at the Delta playing out in EY, is that transmission is happening much more with the Delta variant than it did with regular covid in vaccinated hosts. Thats #1 above. So vaccinated people are still getting it and spreading it. For that, we are sad. But we accept.
BUT (what a but!) #2 is still BARUCH HASHEM true. Those who are vaccinated are LARGELY doing MUCH better than those who aren't. SO although they can get it and even unfortunately transmit this new Delta variant, those who got the vaccine are, for the majority, not progressing to hypoxia and severe disease. THAT IS A CHESED from Hashem. SO vaccines are a gift to be celebrated and . Hodu LaHashem for that.

Oh I hate when people go all religious and make that the answer
Hashem also gave us brains, common sense and effective therapeutics.
The people bowing to the altar of science are kofrim.
Sorry not sorry.
You make your shehechiyanu on your vaccine though.

fleetwood

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 3:09 pm
trixx wrote:
Sorry not sorry.

Why does it bother you so much that people got the vaccine. If you are so sure you are doing the right thing then why constantly go on the defense. Perhaps you doubt you are doing the right thing.

Fascinated

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 3:17 pm
The answer itself was factual. My gratitude is what is religious. The fact that #2 stands true speaks for itself. There is no need to bow to science in the tone you used. Again, facts. The vaccinated are largely not progressing bH. Those given doses first in January need boosters to up their antibodies now. But the vaccinated demographic, especially the under 70 cohort, is BH doing a lot better. And as my own personal religious feeling stands (you are entitled to your own, of course) I am grateful to Hashem for that chachmah, evolving as it is, that He grants us.

amother
Chestnut

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 3:37 pm
trixx wrote:
Sorry not sorry.

We are going around in circles on every related thread. How can you say that people following science are kofrim? I think people who are not taking the vaccine are blatantly disregarding the obligation of V'nishmartem, not to mention endangering the lives of all who they come into contact with. Sorry not sorry.
Effective therapeutics? Oh, please.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics