Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Ohel of lubavitch

Oif.Simchas.

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 12:57 am
Hi, it’s our first time (my husband and I) visiting the Ohel of Lubavitch. I heard there are different minhagim and customs done there. I would appreciate if someone can walk me through the process…also, I would love to hear stories where people have experienced yeshuos! Thanks!

tree of life

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 1:03 am
https://www.chabad.org › aid › jewish
Web results
What to Expect at the Ohel - Chabad.org
Hi I'm Chabad you can read this also when Yiu get to the ohel ask for rabbi refson or any one there to guide you wishing you all the brochos to you and your family

Plonis

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 1:35 am
https://www.chabad.org/therebb.....l.htm (that's the link that tree of life was referencing).

Another video of kids walking through it: https://www.chabad.org/kids/ar.....n.htm

Here's the general process:

It is the minhag to drink, but not eat, before coming to the Ohel. (Not everyone is careful with this. If going later in the day, some will eat a light snack, but not eat a meal until afterwards.)

Enter the house through the door with the awning, and you'll be in a room with a large screen showing videos of the Rebbe. You can choose to watch or not, I often watch afterwards, and often feel that they are really answers to my questions.

Going straight ahead there will be bathrooms for women, negel vasser sinks, and down the stairs you will enter "the tent" - a very large series of tents that are set up as a preparation center for the Ohel. Some people will wash their hands negel vasser before writing.

You can sit down anywhere in the tent, or on your right you will see a second tent with the left entrance marked as "Ezras Noshim" for a little more privacy. On the tables there are boxes with plain white paper and pens. Take one or more papers, and write your note to the Rebbe.

The minhag is to write as a Pa"n (Pidyon Nefesh). To do that, write on the top as follows:

פ״נ
אנא לעורר רחמים רבים בעבור
followed by your name and mother's name.

Afterwards you can write any specific requests.

When you are done writing, make sure you are wearing non-leather shoes (there are usually crocs or similar to change into in cubbies). It is a minhag to give tzedakah as a pidyon.

Go down the stairs or ramp, past the information desk, outside towards the Ohel. The Ohel is a building you will see on the left side of the path, after you cross a cemetery "road". Enter the Ohel building, take a Tehillim or Maaneh Lashon book from the shelves inside, optionally light a candle, and enter the Ohel itself. The second door is for women.

You will see two Kevarim, surrounded by a low concrete fence. One Ohel is of the Frierdiker Rebbe, the other is of the Rebbe. (The Rebbe himself would come frequently to the Ohel of his father and predecessor, the Frierdiker Rebbe.) The entire area within the fence is full of ripped papers.

Say Tehillim or read through the Maaneh Lashon. If doing Maaneh Lashon (it takes about an hour, most people do not do the whole thing), there is a designated place to read your Pa"n. If just saying Tehillim, say a Kapitel or two, then read your Pa"N. After reading it, rip it into pieces (I've heard some say to rip it 3 times, but don't know if that's a real thing) and drop the pieces into the open space within the fence.

After leaving the Ohel, some will walk backwards out of respect for the Rebbe. Return through the path into the tent, put your regular shoes back on, and wash Negel Vasser. Then enjoy some of the refreshments (cookies and tea/coffee, although there will sometimes be other food as well).

gr82no

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 2:41 am
Plonis wrote:
https://www.chabad.org/therebbe/article_cdo/aid/3364017/jewish/What-to-Expect-at-the-Ohel.htm (that's the link that tree of life was referencing).

Another video of kids walking through it: https://www.chabad.org/kids/ar.....n.htm

Here's the general process:

It is the minhag to drink, but not eat, before coming to the Ohel. (Not everyone is careful with this. If going later in the day, some will eat a light snack, but not eat a meal until afterwards.)

Enter the house through the door with the awning, and you'll be in a room with a large screen showing videos of the Rebbe. You can choose to watch or not, I often watch afterwards, and often feel that they are really answers to my questions.

Going straight ahead there will be bathrooms for women, negel vasser sinks, and down the stairs you will enter "the tent" - a very large series of tents that are set up as a preparation center for the Ohel. Some people will wash their hands negel vasser before writing.

You can sit down anywhere in the tent, or on your right you will see a second tent with the left entrance marked as "Ezras Noshim" for a little more privacy. On the tables there are boxes with plain white paper and pens. Take one or more papers, and write your note to the Rebbe.

The minhag is to write as a Pa"n (Pidyon Nefesh). To do that, write on the top as follows:

פ״נ
אנא לעורר רחמים רבים בעבור
followed by your name and mother's name.

Afterwards you can write any specific requests.

When you are done writing, make sure you are wearing non-leather shoes (there are usually crocs or similar to change into in cubbies). It is a minhag to give tzedakah as a pidyon.

Go down the stairs or ramp, past the information desk, outside towards the Ohel. The Ohel is a building you will see on the left side of the path, after you cross a cemetery "road". Enter the Ohel building, take a Tehillim or Maaneh Lashon book from the shelves inside, optionally light a candle, and enter the Ohel itself. The second door is for women.

You will see two Kevarim, surrounded by a low concrete fence. One Ohel is of the Frierdiker Rebbe, the other is of the Rebbe. (The Rebbe himself would come frequently to the Ohel of his father and predecessor, the Frierdiker Rebbe.) The entire area within the fence is full of ripped papers.

Say Tehillim or read through the Maaneh Lashon. If doing Maaneh Lashon (it takes about an hour, most people do not do the whole thing), there is a designated place to read your Pa"n. If just saying Tehillim, say a Kapitel or two, then read your Pa"N. After reading it, rip it into pieces (I've heard some say to rip it 3 times, but don't know if that's a real thing) and drop the pieces into the open space within the fence.

After leaving the Ohel, some will walk backwards out of respect for the Rebbe. Return through the path into the tent, put your regular shoes back on, and wash Negel Vasser. Then enjoy some of the refreshments (cookies and tea/coffee, although there will sometimes be other food as well).

One more thing when entering the actual ohel after you pass all the candles it is proper to knock on the door and then enter.
Also you will see half is for women half for men

Right when you leave the rebbes ohel across you will see the kevarim of rebetzin Chaya Mushka, Chana, Nechama Dina and maybe one more rebetzin is buried there many people especially women say a bit of tehillem there

Oif.Simchas.

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 12:50 pm
Wow thank you so much! Super informative! Would love to hear miracles seen, especially regarding having children , thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics