Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cookbooks
Which cookbook do I need?

Chickensoupprof

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 6:04 am
So I LOVE peas love and carrots, I really use it a lot.
I have ottolenghi cookbooks..... I have Raizy Fried cookbook which is ok and simple... I have spice and Spirit but I almost never use it...

I just want more... How is the Balebusta's choice? Someone said I had to get that. And Dinnerdone? And Marblespoon? There was a new healthy cookbook how is that?
Which one do I really really need?

teachkids

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 6:12 am
It depends what you need more of. Fast? Easy? Looks gorgeous? Very different? Heathy?

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 6:13 am
If you have the internet, you don't need a cookbook!

I love the website "Key ingredient". Just type in what you have on hand, and you'll get hundreds, if not thousands of recipes.

Chickensoupprof

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 6:43 am
teachkids wrote:
It depends what you need more of. Fast? Easy? Looks gorgeous? Very different? Heathy?

I hardly can get here kosher sauces like kosher fish free Worcestershire sauce, or any Gefen products, ducksauces and so on. Even in Amsterdam those things are or 7 Euro or not avaible so it needs to be basic or making your self. I can’t get lamb or so here so also not that.

I love gorgeous and healthy I was really surprised by raizy fried letcho I also love freeze food so I can make things in advance. I really love cooking and baking

teachkids

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 7:02 am
Chickensoupprof wrote:
I hardly can get here kosher sauces like kosher fish free Worcestershire sauce, or any Gefen products, ducksauces and so on. Even in Amsterdam those things are or 7 Euro or not avaible so it needs to be basic or making your self. I can’t get lamb or so here so also not that.

I love gorgeous and healthy I was really surprised by raizy fried letcho I also love freeze food so I can make things in advance. I really love cooking and baking

Dinner done uses a lot of premade sauces. That's the only one of the new ones I have

OBnursemom

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 7:07 am
Marblespoon
Real life kosher cooking 1 and 2 by Miriam Pascal.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 8:22 am
Dinner Done is a great, very practical cookbook.
I like a few recipes from Celebrate by Elizabeth Kurtz but don't remember the cookbook overall.
My favorite cookbooks tend to be community cookbooks.
And of course, there's kosher.com. (And overtimecook.)

ra_mom

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 8:34 am
I believe dinner done and balebustas choice use a lot of sugary sauces, so not sure those are for you.

Check out Miriam Pascals website and try a few recipes. If you like her style, her real life kosher cooking book may be for you.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 8:39 am
Real life kosher cooking has many good recipes with simple ingredients. She prefers oil to margarine, for example. Regular staples in the pantry. Overtimecook.com to check out her style.

I like dinner done but I want fast recipes often. I tend to skip the ones that need special sauces though I will use maple syrup ones. Lots of breaded chicken. Betweencarpools.com has some of those recipes to see if it's a good match.

OBnursemom

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 9:15 am
Also Renee Muller’s cookbook. I forget what it’s called.

ila

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 9:23 am
Duck sauce you can replace with apricot jelly and a little bit of vinegar Google the recipe…

thepickled

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 9:40 am
If you liked Peas Love and Carrots you might like Sina Mizrahi’s new cookbook, Good Food. I haven’t read it yet.
Dinner Done is full of pre-made sauces, don’t get that if you have no access to that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics