Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
4 arrested in connection to murder of Shmuli Silverberg!!!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

sarahmalka

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 7:42 pm
Reality wrote:
None of them have Jewish sounding names. Freeman isn't a Jewish last name. It's a black last name. Many former slaves took names like that.

Um Noah, Aden, Seth, and Isaiah

Last edited by sarahmalka on Thu, Aug 19 2021, 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ima Piano

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 7:55 pm
It could sound jewish but it could also be biblical names. Plus last names don't sound jewish.

koalamum

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 7:57 pm
Did anyone read this? From a mother of a boy in the yeshivah in Denver.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CS.....sheet

I personally feel traumatized by this tragedy. Maybe because my youngest son is 18 and is in an out of town Yeshivah where I thought he is safe and sound….
My heart breaks for Shmulli’s family.

From what I gave been reading, those murderers tried to get into the Yeshivah but Shmulli refused to let them in. He paid with his life but prevented more deaths/injuries…

Last edited by koalamum on Thu, Aug 19 2021, 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Reality

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 7:58 pm
sarahmalka wrote:
Ummm Noah, Aden, Seth, and Isaiah aren't Jewish names? Ok then.

Biblical names have been in for a long time!

Reality

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 8:01 pm
I feel bad that I keep on posting about unimportant things on this thread.

I am so heartbroken over this tragedy. Shmuli had his whole life ahead of him. In his picture he looks so young and sweet. His poor parents, siblings and grandparents.

sarahmalka

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 8:04 pm
Reality wrote:

I am so heartbroken over this tragedy. Shmuli had his whole life ahead of him. In his picture he looks so young and sweet. His poor parents, siblings and grandparents.

Yes absolutely.
Heartbreaking. And did you look at the possible assailants' Facebook pages? They also seem like little boys! Awful awful awful

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 8:07 pm
sarahmalka wrote:
Yes absolutely.
Heartbreaking. And did you look at the possible assailants' Facebook pages? They also seem like little boys! Awful awful awful

What does that have to do with anything?

Reality

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 8:13 pm
sarahmalka wrote:
Yes absolutely.

I did see. If it is them then their angelic appearance is deceptive. More like wolves in sheep skins..

sarahmalka

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 8:39 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
What does that have to do with anything?

I meant that I guess it's like Reality said above, how you can't tell anything by how someone looks or how young and innocent they seem. Horrifying what people are capable of

koalamum

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 8:42 pm
Seth LaRhode was arrested for shooting his friend in 2017. It was a kind of Roulette game. This is what you are dealing with.

Soul on fire

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 10:28 pm
Reality wrote:
Not that it matters but some are. Isaiah Freeman is black.

You're right....he didn't look black in his picture because he's wearing a mask. I only pointed it out because I couldn't remember if it was here or elsewhere people were talking about them being black.

Soul on fire

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 10:30 pm
WhatFor wrote:
Are you sure these are all the same people?

Yes

Soul on fire

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 10:31 pm
dena613 wrote:
Isaiah probably not the right one.

Other 3 live in denver area, and first two are coworkers.
Yemach shemam

He's the right one...his FB says NY but he is friends with one of the other kids on FB.

Also the picture I posted from a news article has the same pic as the FB page.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 10:35 pm
Is there a link to Shmuel’s funeral?

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 11:01 pm
missknowitall wrote:
I hate how without a real investigation they immediately declare it’s not a hate crime. While all other minority stories are assumed hate crimes unless proven otherwise and even then they sometimes still claim hate crime. It’s so frustrating to see them immediately down play all Jewish murders.

They don't believe that it was a hate crime because it was only one of a series of crimes allegedly committed by these suspects within a short period of time.

[/quote]Investigators say it started with a call for a carjacking at 10:50 p.m. near Colfax Avenue and Grape Street. They say one of the suspects entered a Honda CRV with the driver inside and pointed a gun at them. The victim was not hurt.

At around 11:10 p.m., the suspects reportedly robbed a man walking near Colfax Avenue and Lafayette Street. Police say they were wearing masks and shot the man who is in the hospital.

Denver Police Chief Paul Pazen says that victim is “battling for his life.”

About 20 minutes later, investigators say the suspects approached Silverberg, 18, walking out of Yeshiva Toras Chaim Talmudical Seminary and fired at least one weapon at him. The victim was hit and taken to the hospital where he died.

“The victim was walking outside of the school when the suspects approached and began firing at the victim. We don’t know of there was any interaction between the two at this point,” said DPD Commander Matt Clark.

Following the shooting, the same suspects reportedly burglarized a business in Lakewood and stole a Toyota RAV4.
[/quote]

Quote:
“This is further supported by the statements made by the offenders who agreed to be interviewed last night and early this morning. At this point, no one has made mention of the victim’s religion or offered any information indicating they were targeting the school or the Jewish community,” said Denver Police Cmdr. Matt Clark.

So there's certainly a more than reasonable basis to believe it wasn't a hate crime. But we'll see, I guess.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 11:08 pm
sarahmalka wrote:
Yes I know their names and ages. I'm wondering about motives, social media posts, past behavior. It's disturbing that some of them have Jewish sounding names! Who are these guys?

They suspects all met at a youth correction facility. One suspect had disengaged an ankle monitor and another suspect is wanted for a jail escape.

I doubt they're Jewish, but I also doubt their ethnicity matters.

Soul on fire

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 11:23 pm
Another article. https://www.denverpost.com/202.....kmnsQ

Blessing1

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 12:24 am
Reality wrote:
None of them have Jewish sounding names. Freeman isn't a Jewish last name. It's a black last name. Many former slaves took names like that.

Btw, all of the suspects are white.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 8:17 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
I also know Freeman….

Isaiah Freeman is a very black sounding name actually. (Doesn’t mean jews can’t have that name too.)

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 9:31 am
Reality wrote:

Can someone post a picture of Shmuli?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics