Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Buying an Apt in Eretz Yisrael
1  2  Next

ClaRivka

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 11:57 am
How do we do this? Who do we go to? what will we discuss? We are not making aliyah, just simply buying an apt. The word is just so big and confusing!

(I did ask this in the Israeli section but they decided to take me out of the section cuz I don't live there at the moment....)

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE MOST APPRECIATED!

BeershevaBubby

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 12:11 pm
The question is, are you buying as an investment, as a vacation apartment or both?

Because if you're going to spend any time living in the apartment, I would recommend you trying to live here for a month or so to give whichever neighborhood you're looking to buy in a test drive... You may not like the neighborhood, the neighborhood may not like you...

ClaRivka

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 12:24 pm
I'd say both.

Interesting.
We tried out Geulah, and I wouldnt want to raise children on Malchei Yisrael. We tried Rechavia, didnt like it, not close enough to the Beis Medrash.
We don't want Har nof, too American and just too quiet for our exciting personalities.
We dont want Shmuel Hanavi or Bar Ilan cuz its too dirty. My husband says Ezras Torah is also too dirty and I dont like the Romema, Sorotzkin area which basicly leaves us with Sarei Yisrael, Belz, or Ganei Geula....

Now what do you have to say?

boruchhashem

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 12:26 pm
ever thought about Elad?

ClaRivka

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 1:05 pm
No, we want Yerushalayim, we figure if we cant walk to the Kosel, or the Beis Medrash its not worth the sacrifice to live in Eretz Yisrael.

creativemommyto3

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 1:41 pm
Then you have to have a decent income and be REALLY frugal.

ClaRivka

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 3:04 pm
ok so lets say we are.....then what?

BeershevaBubby

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 8:51 pm
What about Givat Shaul?

Marion

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 10:25 pm
Ramat Eshkol? Ma'alot Dafna? Arzei haBira? Rova?

I'm assuming you're only interested in the charedi neighbourhoods.

hila

Post Wed, Apr 02 2008, 10:28 pm
And the Rova itself ? if you want to be close to the Kotel ?

PM me and Iwill give you the name of a friend who is a real estate agent for things like this.

Imaonwheels

Post Thu, Apr 03 2008, 3:54 am
If you have the money, I suggest Ramat Shlomo. The apartments are large, the neighborhood is relatively new and clean. It is a totally religious neighborhood, you just have to know which street your group lives on. The frum people essentially are together (one neighborhood) but each in his own projects. The original buyers got them cheaply for what they are by buying as a group and govt mortgages. when they sell they profit because the houses are very nice. They also were quick about organizing services, kupat cholim and such, plus each group is building their own schools there as a branch of those in Geula and other older neighborhoods. Physically it may be a little further away but 3 different buses run to all of the frum neighborhoods so you have a bus every couple of minutes. There are stores there as well so you don't have to get on the bus everyday and run to Geula. The neighborhood touches the main highway but the inside streets are residential. There are no houses bordering the highway.
A healthy adult and teenagers can do ithis walk but it is long and will take time. The bus on weekdays will take you to either in 10-15 min.

The neighborhoods within easy walking distance to the kotel and Geula are not the nicest or cleanest but they are the most expensive.

ClaRivka

Post Sun, Apr 06 2008, 2:53 pm
Just asked my husband and he said no to all our ideas. He wants dirty expensive Chareidi neighbprhoods. You're forgettng, thats what he is. and to him it doesnt matter if Ramat shlomo is nice and cheap, he would NEVER walk more than 3 blocks to go daven, and since he davens with Gerrers there prob arent any in any of those places.
And there arent enough chassidish/gerrers in ramat eshkol, he also hates jappy americans who go 4 a year just bc its the in thing to do.
Rova- there's no way.

Imaonwheels

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 12:51 am
Does he need davka Gur or any Chassidish? Gur is Geula, Bnai Brak or Ashdod and Arad and zehu. Oh, and Ramat HaChayal in Tel Aviv.

Mixed chassidishe shtiblelach are everywhere and I could not imagine there not being any in Ramat Shlomo. Har Nof is a neighborhood I can't stand but they have an enormous mixed chassidishe shul called Imrei Shefer. The rav is like my dh's father (took him to the chuppa, sandak to our oldest)and he is like the right hand askan in Tzanz. He is really amazing as is his wife. Har Nof is becoming less Anglo as Rav Ovadia moved there and Sefardim who can are buying. And chassidim are moving in near this shul.

If he really needs that area then there is Ganei Geula, over priced, too hi rise for my taste and right across the street from Gur. It is much newer than other apartments in the area. There are also a few brand new buildings on Dovid Yellin Street.

ClaRivka

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 5:44 am
He wants Gur, of course. He doesnt wantto live in Bnei Brak or any of the other places mentioned.
He wants walking distance of the beis medrash.
I really feel bad that ppl are suggesting places and im just flat out saying no but this is what were looking for and we dont think its worth the compromise.
Does anyone know of any real estate agents or whatever to go through?
What will we need to go through the process of buying an apt? (other than major money)

boruchhashem

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 6:25 am
A lawyer that knows the israeli laws. I used my american lawyer who contacted an israeli one.

Imaonwheels

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 6:46 am
A lawyer who knows |sraeli law is imperative or you can get royally stuck. The main thing is getting it registered on your name in tabu. That means making sure the seller is the owner and no liens are on the apt. Also check if there are special mortgages through Israeli banks for foreigners buying in Israel. Know all of your options.

miriamnechama

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 6:54 am
kiryat moshe??

beitar illit??

givaat zeev illit??

Imaonwheels

Post Mon, Apr 07 2008, 9:49 am
None of those are good because her dh wants to be within 3 blocks of the Gerrer Beis Medrosh. That gives you only Geula, Meah Shearim, Zichron Moshe and Mekor Baruch.

ClaRivka

Post Tue, Apr 15 2008, 5:37 am
IMAONWHEELS- IT ALSO INCLUDES BELZ, tcheiles mordeche, ganei geula, and others Smile

ClaRivka

Post Tue, Apr 15 2008, 5:37 am
ok so I need a good lawyer and I need to contact israeli banks. k thanks. anymore advice?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating