Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Buying an Apt in Eretz Yisrael
Previous  1  2

GramaNewYork

Post Tue, Apr 15 2008, 5:57 am
My husband and I know from experience that as Americans entering the real-estate situation in Israel you will need a mentch-lawyer who can serve as a liason between you and whichever Israeli you happen to be dealing with. Even if he doesn't deal with them directly because that would get expensive, he can "translate" what is going on for you.

A frum, very mentsh Israeli lawyer in Jerusalem who speaks English is Yosef (Yossi) Shachor. I'm sorry, I don't have his phone number handy but if you have a friend in Israel, perhaps they can check the phone book for you. We feel that this lawyer is honest/shomer mitzvot and not overly aggressive but can steer you in the right direction. Perhaps he can suggest good-quality realtors to you as well, since he has probably had dealings with many.

ChossidMom

Post Tue, Apr 15 2008, 6:04 am
You know you can also Google real estate agencies that deal with geula and I'm sure you can contact them from the U.S. even before you come.

Best of luck!!!

GramaNewYork

Post Tue, Apr 15 2008, 6:06 am
I would advise getting references on anyone you choose to deal with and following up on those references. I don't have to tell you all the horror stories out there.

Zus

Post Tue, Apr 15 2008, 6:35 am
They're building a lot in Mekor Baruch now.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Apr 15 2008, 6:43 am
Honestly, I understand your husband!
Maybe it's just about stereotypes and all, but for me, if you buy in the Jewish country, you don't want to shlep for 10 or 20 or more minutes to daven! and you want your style of shul, too!

ClaRivka

Post Tue, Apr 22 2008, 11:26 am
Exactly Ruchel
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating