Home

El Al carry on weight question - time sensitive!!

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 9:13 pm
Carry on about 2 lbs over weight, do they actually weigh the carry-ons? Will I be charged for the little bit of extra weight? Thank you!!
Back to top

amother




Wallflower
 

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 9:21 pm
My husband just flew last week. On the way to Israel they didn’t weigh his carry on but on the way back they did and they made him check it in bec it was way over weight.
But for him it didn’t matter bec my husband didn’t have an additional check in luggage. (He has taken a suitcase for my son who’s staying in Israel for the year. )
Back to top

sub




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 9:23 pm
When I traveled beginning of july they did not. When my dd traveled they did. The solution -simply take one item out and hold it in your hand until after weighing. Dd took out a heavy college book, that did the trick.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 9:24 pm
amother [ Wallflower ] wrote:
My husband just flew last week. On the way to Israel they didn’t weigh his carry on but on the way back they did and they made him check it in bec it was way over weight.
But for him it didn’t matter bec my husband didn’t have an additional check in luggage. (He has taken a suitcase for my son who’s staying in Israel for the year. )


Do you think they weighed it on the way back because it was noticeably stuffed, and the way there he was able to make it lighter because he checked a suitcase as well? Our carry-on is a standard captains case, doesn't look stuffed, it's just 2 lbs over! I hope it can go through no problems...
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 9:26 pm
sub wrote:
When I traveled beginning of july they did not. When my dd traveled they did. The solution -simply take one item out and hold it in your hand until after weighing. Dd took out a heavy college book, that did the trick.


They won't notice 2 pairs of shoes in your hands, lol? Please teach me how to do this!
Back to top

sub




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 8:24 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
They won't notice 2 pairs of shoes in your hands, lol? Please teach me how to do this!

Put it in a shopping bag or in a large pocketbook. Put the shoes in later. You are allowed 2 handbags. One is a personal bag.
People buy wine or spirits in duty free an bring it aboard. I try to fly with minimum, but there are people who have 3 large bags whenever they board the plane.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling

Related Topics Replies Last Post
My 28 Day Weight Loss Journey
by amother
81 Today at 11:16 am View last post
Time sensitive - where to order a breakfast from in gg?? 3 Today at 4:37 am View last post
[ Poll ] Time sensitive- shutterfly or snapfish for 4x6 photos?
by amother
0 Tue, Oct 26 2021, 2:38 pm View last post
Time sensitive. - baked egg roll recipe
by amother
4 Thu, Oct 21 2021, 2:59 pm View last post
Time sensitive: pepper steak 2 Wed, Oct 20 2021, 9:35 pm View last post