Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Girls elementary schools

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 11:21 pm
We have to apply to schools for our oldest daughter for primary. Can anyone give me some ideas of schools to apply to? I'm not familiar with any of the schools here since we just moved to Lakewood. We're regular frum, not so yeshivish but not modern, husband wears colored shirts, have an out of town mentality. Looking for something academic. Any advice is appreciated!

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 11:25 pm
Neemas bais yaakov
Bnos Bracha
Nachlas
Tehillas chaya sara
Moreshes

mommy2x

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 10:41 pm
Bnos Esther Malka

amother
Narcissus

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 10:43 pm
Moreshes only took learning people this year as far as I know. my friend whose husband only wears white shirts couldn't even get in there and is still without a school

Cookiegirl

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 10:46 pm
I believe Bais Yaakov D'Rav Meir (a great school with a long history in Brooklyn) is opening a new branch in Lakewood next year. That might be something to consider

mommy2x

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 11:07 pm
Sounds like bais yaakov drav meir wants a more yeshivish crowd. Probably won't take families with colored shirts... In the Lakewood school system, colored shirts identify a family as not yeshivish if that helps you understand the system a bit more. Nachlas and I guess moreshes won't take a family with colored shirts. Bnos bracha and ne'emas both will and sound more like what you are looking for. Tehilas Chaya Sarah may also be a good option. They take families with colored shirts and the families are a bit more chilled than all the other schools listed above.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 11:14 pm
Thank you for all your responses. They are really helpful!

amother
Black

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 11:34 pm
At of all the schools mentioned I think you should apply to Bnos Bracha first.

Why?

Because it has a high school

Fabulous

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 11:47 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:

Why?

True but it’s not academic at all and and a lot can change in the 8 -9 years till they need a high school.

amother
NeonPink

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 11:55 pm
AFAIK Tehilla’s Chaya sara is not very high academics

amother
Brickred

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 12:02 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:

Why?

Nachlas too. But they literally ask at the interview if u wear white shirts. at this point with a school in high demand, u can be picky about anything u want ..

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 8:54 am
amother [ Brickred ] wrote:
Nachlas too. But they literally ask at the interview if u wear white shirts. at this point with a school in high demand, u can be picky about anything u want ..

Nachlas has a high school???!

amother
Brickred

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 8:57 am
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
Nachlas has a high school???!

They are opening one, they announced it so it’s public. They bought land that will iyh accommodate both an elementary and high school iyh

mommy2x

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 10:41 am
If you specially want academic there are only 2 schools I can think of, bais yaakov which is more yeshivish than you are describing yourself as and bnos Esther Malka. Bnos Esther Malka is more middle of the road but I'm not sure if they take families with colored shirts. Maybe someone can chime in. But they are definitely considered academic. Haven't heard any other schools in Lakewood being considered as academic but I have heard that bnos bracha is considered not academic and Nachlas and ne'emas more middle of the road. From how you describe yourself, minus Academics because the school is too new, I would say ne'emas sounds like a good fit. Some parents wear colored shirts and it's not yeshivish or more modern. They now have a 2nd, 1st and primary.

Cmon be nice

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 10:59 am
Um, hate to say it but if youre talking about applying for this year, good luck. Youre lucky if you get in anywhere at this stage of the game. Thats the reality here.

mommy2x

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 11:12 am
I'm assuming it's for next year as you need to apply the day after succos and she has to do her research!

Cmon be nice

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 11:14 am
Hope so

amother
Cyclamen

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 11:16 am
[quote="mommy2x"]If you specially want academic there are only 2 schools I can think of, bais yaakov which is more yeshivish than you are describing yourself as and bnos Esther Malka. Bnos Esther Malka is more middle of the road but I'm not sure if they take families with colored shirts. Maybe someone can chime in. But they are definitely considered academic. Haven't heard any other schools in Lakewood being considered as academic but I have heard that bnos bracha is considered not academic and Nachlas and ne'emas more middle of the road. From how you describe yourself, minus Academics because the school is too new, I would say ne'emas sounds like a good fit. Some parents wear colored shirts and it's not yeshivish or more modern. They now have a 2nd, 1st and primary.[/quote

There are some colored shirts in bnos esther malka, but majority not.

benny

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 11:17 am
mommy2x wrote:
If you specially want academic there are only 2 schools I can think of, bais yaakov which is more yeshivish than you are describing yourself as and bnos Esther Malka. Bnos Esther Malka is more middle of the road but I'm not sure if they take families with colored shirts. Maybe someone can chime in. But they are definitely considered academic. Haven't heard any other schools in Lakewood being considered as academic but I have heard that bnos bracha is considered not academic and Nachlas and ne'emas more middle of the road. From how you describe yourself, minus Academics because the school is too new, I would say ne'emas sounds like a good fit. Some parents wear colored shirts and it's not yeshivish or more modern. They now have a 2nd, 1st and primary.

I assume you mean bnos yaakov

mommy2x

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 11:28 am
benny wrote:
I assume you mean bnos yaakov

Yes sorry auto correct
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries