Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Shopping mall in the area of JFK

tweety1

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 9:01 am
I have to be in the area later on this week. Any shopping malls that are safe from gangs in the area? Like really close by

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 9:46 am
don't think there are malls close to that area..

amother
Narcissus

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 9:49 am
Gangs? JFK is adjacent to the 5T, no gangs there but there is central avenue

amother
White

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 9:52 am
gangs lol... its just not a jewish area
whats with the frum obsession of villainizing every non jew

go to central avenue in cedarhurst its like 17 min drive

Mom/Bubby/Morah

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 9:59 am
There are no gangs and no indoor mall. There is a Costco , Burlington and DSW close by. But Central Ave is your best bet. Are you looking for something specific ?

tweety1

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 10:43 am
amother [ White ] wrote:
gangs lol... its just not a jewish area
whats with the frum obsession of villainizing every non jew

go to central avenue in cedarhurst its like 17 min drive

If you don't understand, maybe you ask to clarify before you attack. I won't bother clarifying. People like you will likely attack no matter what.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 10:49 am
Green acres mall is about 10-15 minutes away. Also Erskine street. Neither are in particularly upper class neighborhoods. The closest nicer mall would probably be roosevelt field but that's probably closer to 30 minutes.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 10:50 am
Can you explain what you mean by “safe from gangs”?

amother
Gardenia

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 11:17 am
amother [ Honeysuckle ] wrote:
Can you explain what you mean by “safe from gangs”?

The area immediately around the airport is pretty low class, I wouldn't feel safe there.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 11:21 am
There is a strip mall with children’s place, Payless, and some other stores, I forget which. There’s also bell harbor mall which has dsw, Burlington, rainbow, a small target, marshals, and maybe something else. Both areas are safe. There is also central Avenue, which is about 10 minutes from the airport, and there are lots of stores there. I generally try to avoid it though, as most of those stores are overpriced and/or out of my price range.
For those saying there are no gangs in the area….wake up. There is very little gang activity, but there are certainly gangs.

tweety1

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 12:18 pm
amother [ Gardenia ] wrote:
The area immediately around the airport is pretty low class, I wouldn't feel safe there.

Thank you

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 12:42 pm
amother [ Gardenia ] wrote:

I disagree. The shopping in the two areas I mentioned (the strip mall and bell harbor mall) are both 5-10 minutes away from the mall, and both are perfectly safe. They are not Jewish areas, that’s all.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 1:35 am
I grew up in far rockaway and never in my life did I worry about gangs? in shopping malls?
so confused here. not to say there arent nearby areas that are not safe to hang out, but theres no place to shop there.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 4:19 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
I grew up in far rockaway and never in my life did I worry about gangs? in shopping malls?
so confused here. not to say there arent nearby areas that are not safe to hang out, but theres no place to shop there.

There’s no place to shop where?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 4:26 am
no place to shop in the 'unsafe' areas

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 4:28 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
no place to shop in the 'unsafe' areas

Right, I agree. The shopping and the “dangerous” living area are not in the same area. I don’t even know where the “dangerous” area is, near the airport!

Success10

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 4:36 am
Far Rockaway was unsafe when I was growing up, over 20 years ago. And the malls and stores near the airport were certainly low class back then, but not necessarily unsafe. Some good bargains there, though.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 4:42 am
Success10 wrote:
Far Rockaway was unsafe when I was growing up, over 20 years ago. And the malls and stores near the airport were certainly low class back then, but not necessarily unsafe. Some good bargains there, though.

I wouldn’t consider the stores or shopping areas low class. We are not talking about mott Avenue.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics