Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Do you trust the covid vaccines
1  2  3  Next

do you trust the covid vaccines
no  
 59%  [ 130 ]
yes  
 40%  [ 87 ]
Total Votes : 217

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 12:50 am
Just curious!

amother
Lotus

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 1:13 am
Where’s the option of “not yet”?

amother
Thistle

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 1:50 am
Not the vaccines. Not the drug companies. Not the CDC, not the FDA, not Fauci, not the media, not our government. Not the doctors in the hospitals. I know I sound like a crazy conspiracy theorist. I was never this person before. But I see a mass push for vaccination and a determination to ignore any other treatments and censor all other opinions and I find that all very concerning and scary.

amother
Thistle

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 1:51 am
amother [ Thistle ] wrote:
Not the vaccines. Not the drug companies. Not the CDC, not the FDA, not Fauci, not the media, not our government. Not the doctors in the hospitals. I know I sound like a crazy conspiracy theorist. I was never this person before. But I see a mass push for vaccination and a determination to ignore any other treatments (and disregard natural immunity) and censor all other opinions and I find that all very concerning and scary.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 7:19 am

Frumwithallergies

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 7:24 am
I don't trust the Russian one (to be effective, that is).
But I trust the rest.

amother
Rainbow

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 8:36 am
amother [ Thistle ] wrote:
Not the vaccines. Not the drug companies. Not the CDC, not the FDA, not Fauci, not the media, not our government. Not the doctors in the hospitals. I know I sound like a crazy conspiracy theorist. I was never this person before. But I see a mass push for vaccination and a determination to ignore any other treatments and censor all other opinions and I find that all very concerning and scary.

And the fact that natural immunity means nothing.

OBnursemom

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 8:41 am
Yes.
I have no other comments.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 8:45 am
Well, efficacy is plunging, they don't prevent transmission, side effects have not been properly studied.

Trust them for what? To reduce severity of illness in some people, generally healthy people, for a 4-6 month period after getting them? I guess that seems to be what they're doing.

amother
Almond

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 8:48 am
I'm kinda surprised at the poll results based on the loud pro vax sentiment here

miami85

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 8:55 am
I trust the covid vaccine as much as I trust the flu vaccine--it makes me more resistant to the virus, but I had the flu vaccine a few years ago, and still got the flu that year but it wasn't as bad and I was able to bounce back faster as my family got sick and I needed to take care of them. I realize that the vaccine gives me extra protection so that I can go about my life but I never assumed that I would NEVER get it unless the rates of infection go way down to MMR levels.

amother
Geranium

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 9:38 am
What do you mean by trust? I trust that it has a high chance of protecting me against covid for at least 6 months, which thankfully it seems to have done. I trust that it won’t affect my fertility or make me grow a tail. I trusted that it would slow the spread of covid and allow us to unmask and lift restrictions, which has happened as well. It depends on your expectations. Nobody ever promised that it would have 100% efficacy or immediately and completely obliterate the pandemic.

amother
Maple

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 9:39 am
Yes.

Jewishmom8

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 3:07 pm
There is so so much I do not trust about these shots. SO much.
but on the other hand I do think it saves many lives. at least up until this point. I daven that they continue to work...
at my age and health risks I felt for ME it was the right decision to get it.
I also believe in freedom of choice and that everyone is smart enough to make choices for themselves.

etky

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 4:05 pm
I trust them in that I don't believe there is any intentional, malicious motivation on the part of the companies that created them or on the part of the governments that are encouraging people to get vaccinated.
I trust that they are effective in preventing transmission and severe disease for a limited period of time.
I have a good amount of confidence in their safety but I can't say that I have absolutely no concerns in that area.
I believe that the benefits of the vaccines outweigh the risks, especially on the national, macro level.

banana123

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 4:41 pm
etky wrote:
I trust them in that I don't believe there is any intentional, malicious motivation on the part of the companies that created them or on the part of the governments that are encouraging people to get vaccinated.
I trust that they are effective in preventing transmission and severe disease for a limited period of time.
I have a good amount of confidence in their safety but I can't say that I have absolutely no concerns in that area.
I believe that the benefits of the vaccines outweigh the risks, especially on the national, macro level.

I love this. Agree with every word.

amother
Petunia

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 4:54 pm
I would trust them if they wouldnt be making billions of tax dollars, if they would have liability, if they would complete all the studies with control groups, if they would be honest about adverse reactions that people would are experiencing, if they wouldnt be threatening doctors to go along with the agenda and narrative but to allow doctors to use all available medication and determine what is best for each patient individually, if the fda wouldnt have approved it without the long term studies, if they wouldnt force recovered people with antibodies/t-cells to take it as well, if they would allow medical and religious exemptions, etc.

As of right now, there is zero reason to trust a vaccine that uses a new technology that wasnt tested in humans for long term and isnt effective in the short term either. And to claim that the short term studies were completed for the vaccine but then disregard all the life saving medication despite studies showing they work when given the right time and with the right dose (and have been used for other purposes on humans for a long time) shows that there is nothing trustworthy about this vaccine. So no, I dont trust these covid vaccines at all.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 11:47 pm
amother [ Almond ] wrote:
I'm kinda surprised at the poll results based on the loud pro vax sentiment here
thats because the covid big shots are very very loud. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 1:31 pm
Anyone who voted no can you give a reason? Also anyone who didnt vote why not?

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 1:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anyone who voted no can you give a reason? Also anyone who didnt vote why not?

I don't eat gluten for fear of what it will do to my body. I'm for sure not taking this. Thank you.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics