Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
To those against COVID vaccine, what do you think of this?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 1:09 am
This video of Rabbi Kanievsky’s daughter telling everyone they should vaccinate

https://vinnews.com/2021/08/22.....nate/

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 1:12 am
I’m not for or against the Vaccine. I’ve done whatever works for me in terms of vaccinating. That’s said,
All the rabanim tell you to vaccinate. (Most)
They also tell you not to have smartphones, to wear a tichel, etc.
I go by my Rav ONLY, and by my life decisions that I discuss with him ONLY.

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 1:23 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This video of Rabbi Kanievsky’s daughter telling everyone they should vaccinate

https://vinnews.com/2021/08/22.....nate/

I didnt realize that Rabbi Kanievsky's daughter has a medical degree nor do I see her as my personal doctor. I follow my own doctors and Rabbis so not sure how this information is relevant.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 1:45 am
Didn't watch your video.
My rov (only one whose opinion I need to know on this topic) has advised me to follow my doctor's advice. I have. I will continue to do so. No video from a rabbi's daughter will change that.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 1:46 pm
She is the daughter of one of the biggest Gedolei HaDor is the world.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 1:47 pm
Why does to make a difference what she says? It changes nothing.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 1:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Ok and therefore? I’m sure she disagree with how I dress and how I use the internet too...

amother
Thistle

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 1:57 pm
I find it reassuring. I am not opposed to the vaccine. I am opposed to mandates. I'm open to taking the vaccine, though I am definitely hesitant. So I find it reassuring. It makes me a bit more comfortable with it but ultimately it doesn't really change my mind. Just being honest.

fleetwood

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 1:58 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
I didnt realize that Rabbi Kanievsky's daughter has a medical degree nor do I see her as my personal doctor. I follow my own doctors and Rabbis so not sure how this information is relevant.

Your Rabbi has a medical degree?

southernbubby

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 2:08 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Your Rabbi has a medical degree?

Neither does Biden or Trump but they are both encouraging people to vaccinate.

evaeva

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 2:16 pm
AGREEOR NOT AGREE, POSTWITH DERECH ERETZ WHEN SPEAKING OF SUCH A TZADEIKES AND GODOL HADOR

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 2:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I'm sure she is a very special person. To say the least.

But not sure how this qualifies her to concern herself with people's private medical decisions.

So long as I have autonomy over my body and medical choices (and I hope I always will) I will make my medical decisions with my doctor who knows me and my medical history.

amother
Brickred

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 2:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Do you follow everything rav kanievsky shlita says?
I love how people pick and choose what to quote in the name of rabanim.

amother
Candycane

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 3:15 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Neither does Biden or Trump but they are both encouraging people to vaccinate.
The difference is they are doing it as celebrities and political figures. Making it a religious issue is a next level form of manipulation.

fleetwood

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 3:34 pm
amother [ Candycane ] wrote:
The difference is they are doing it as celebrities and political figures. Making it a religious issue is a next level form of manipulation.

Actually it kind of throws the religious exemption b.s. out the window

small bean

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 3:40 pm
I honetly don't understand how this is differnet than celebrities? I think it's all pathetic and gross.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 1:06 am
The responses here boggle my mind and I feel like I must protest.

I can only speak about the Yeshivish world in which Rav Chaim Kanievsky Shlita is the acknowledged Gadol Hador whose every word is Daas Torah. He is not busy speaking and issuing edicts. He does not make asifos to announce chumros. His entire life revolves around learning privately.

Many, many people (I will not hazard an estimate) line up to speak with him daily to receive a Brocho and advice/direction - hadracha. (For example, I have a close family member who was ill and needed dangerous surgery. There were 2 possible procedures with different pros and cons - one was riskier in the short term but offered a better prognosis long-term. R' Chaim was consulted to weigh the options al pi Torah - how much of a greater risk is one allowed to take for how much of a chance of improved outcome). He has been asked many times about the Covid vaccine by people who do want to know what Daas Torah says about it and responded that it should be given. However, people keep insisting that they somehow know R' Chaim really does not recommend the vaccine, despite videos of him saying to take it. This video has his daughter (who R' Chaim personally appointed to receive the public in her mother's stead) stating clearly that R' Chaim said to take it, and stating that her entire family has indeed been vaccinated. She states the date and gives over the message clearly so the people who insist they know better about R' Chaim's wishes can no longer lie about his words.

How dare anyone compare this to politicians and celebrities! Do people line up to ask their advice and blessings? Many, many communities ask (or rather beg for) and listen to R' Chaim's hadracha.

If you are not part of these communities then of course you should consult with your own Daas Torah when you weigh these concerns. If you're part of a community that makes these decisions without Daas Torah then speak with your doctors or do whatever your hishtadlus is.

But do realize that many, many Yidden look to R' Chaim to guide them and yes, his Daas Torah is valued highly by them. If that doesn't include you then you do yours, but do not insult R' Chaim's kavod which is synonomous with Kovod HaTorah.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 1:20 am
Do you believe that Rav Chaim has ruach hakodesh?

I think that’s more important than a medical degree.

amother
Forsythia

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 4:34 am
well intentioned

LisaS

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 5:34 am
In case it's not obvious to above posters, Rav Kanievsky and his daughter are basing their recommendation on conversations with top-level expert doctors in Israel. They aren't shooting from the hip, chas veshalom.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics