Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Gedolim Names

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 9:50 pm
Does anyone know if there were any yahrtzeits of gedolim yesterday? Or if there is a gadol from Europe that was the Rav of Rav shlomo wolbe, Rav avigdor miller and Rav Shimshon Dovid Pincus?

dena613

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 10:25 pm
Online I found yahrzeits of 15 elul

Rav Chanoch Henach Eiges of Vilna, author of Marcheshes. Learned under Rav Alexander Moshe Lapidus at his Kollel in Rassein.

Rav Yaakov Koppel Chassid, the chazzan of the Baal Shem Tov and founder of the Kosov and Vizhnitz dynasties (1787). Born in Kolomaya, Ukraine, he was able to trace his family-tree through his father, Rav Nechemyah Feivel, back to the Baalei Tosfos of Provence and beyond, to Dovid HaMelech. His most famous work, Shaar Gan Eden, was printed posthumously in 1854.He also wrote a kabbalist commentary on the Siddur Kol Yaakov, printed in 1859, based on the nusach of the Arizal, and a kabbalistic commentary on the Haggadah. Some of his Torah ideas are quoted by his son, Rav Menachem Mendel of Kosov, in his sefer, Ahavas Shalom.

dena613

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 10:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Does anyone know if there were any yahrtzeits of gedolim yesterday? Or if there is a gadol from Europe that was the Rav of Rav shlomo wolbe, Rav avigdor miller and Rav Shimshon Dovid Pincus?

I don't think those three gedolim shared the same rebbe...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names