Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Places to borrow/buy English frum novels in Jerusalem

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 26 2021, 4:56 am
I live in south Jerusalem but am willing to travel around town a bit.

I've searched local public library catalogs and found almost nothing. The AACI library in Talpiot has almost nothing that could be categorized as frum fiction.

Unless I'm missing something, the catalogs of the municipal sifriyot toraniyot can't be searched online (and I'm not sure whether they carry English-language frum novels, anyway).

I frequently order books for my kids via Book Depository. It's all so expensive, and there's a limit to what I can spend on books for myself. Still, I'm willing to make some purchases. Book Depository in any case carries almost no frum novels. I've had trouble with Amazon in the past and am reluctant to use them -- but even they often seem not to have what I want.

Which bookstores in Jerusalem carry frum fiction? And is there any informal lending library of frum English fiction in town that I could join?

In particular, I would be super-grateful to anyone who could help me get hold of anything by M. Bassara in Jerusalem -- whether to borrow or purchase (all of her books seem to be out of print and unavailable anywhere).

Thanks for any help!

amother
Aster

Post Thu, Aug 26 2021, 4:59 am
There is apparently a wonderful book gemach/library for English frum novels in Romema in someone's private home. Sorry I don't have more info than that. I heard about it from my cousin but I'm not from that area....

Siriusly?

Post Thu, Aug 26 2021, 5:13 am
Shanky's, Manny's and Feldheim all carry English frum books. They all have branches in Romema and Geulah, and possibly elsewhere too. Also, any books by Artscroll can be ordered online from the new website artscrollisrael.co.il; they deliver within 48 hours and currently have a free shipping offer in honour of their opening.

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Aug 26 2021, 5:14 am
Do you have the newcomers guide?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions