Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Am I the only one who uses this?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 27 2021, 8:21 am
I have insulin resistance/metabolic syndrome and hormonal imbalances which makes me store fat and while my bmi is over the amount it shld be bec my waist/stomach are large, im not as overweight as the bmi chart makes it out to be.

but, I know insulin resistance can increase my chances of diabetes and I have pcos and diabetes runs in my family so ive been doing intermittent fasting and every morning I dont eat but I drink 1 cup of water mixed with 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar.

then when I eat supper I again take 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with 1 cup of water
I know I cant take too much otherwise its bad for you and I use a straw so it doesnt ruin my teeth enamel but I do think it helps to bring my insulin down which helps me be healthier...I havent gotten a scan of my liver to see if its fatty but one thing that did happen(despite no real weight loss) is that when I went off bc, my periods returned monthly which never happened before

while im not losing weight from apple cider vinegar I think its helping me maintain my weight and on pesach when I couldnt have it bec its chametz I felt like I was not doing as well without it

but since I dont have time to do before and after scans and bec im also doing fasting, im wondering if its helping or is it in my head

so I figured I would post this and ask if anyonelse who is diabetic, pcos, has hormonal imbalances, or insulin resistance etc takes or has taken apple cider vinegar and has seen it helps lower insulin and helps hormones be more in balance.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Fri, Aug 27 2021, 9:01 am
I never did this but I know someone who did and she swears by it. She has a book on the subject she told me to read but I didn't get around to it. Why do you think apple cider vinegar is chametz? There's no chametz in there and one of the jewish brands sells it with a good hashgacha for Pesach. You may have some chumra I don't know of not to use apples or vinegar but it's not chametz.

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Aug 27 2021, 9:04 am
Acv is great for the gut, it kills yeast and feeds beneficial bacteria, it can also help balance ph and break down other food so it makes sense that it has more systemic effects, as the gut is the seat if so many components of health.

amother
Yolk

Post Fri, Aug 27 2021, 9:04 am
I have Glick's kosher l'pesach apple cider vinegar. I use it for recipes.
I take apple cider vinegar capsules for other things.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 27 2021, 9:24 am
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
Acv is great for the gut, it kills yeast and feeds beneficial bacteria, it can also help balance ph and break down other food so it makes sense that it has more systemic effects, as the gut is the seat if so many components of health.

thanks so much everyone who posted and I didnt know there was a kosher lpesach one so ill be looking next pesach for it.

to this poster above, yes, I heard this too, do u know if its okay to give to my kids too?

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Aug 27 2021, 9:50 am
DH takes Braggs apple cider vinegar (with the "mother") every day. Not for insulin, he has bad reflux and does this along with a very cleaned up diet.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Fri, Aug 27 2021, 9:55 am
I heard that there’s no chometz in Apple cider vinegar (after I yelled at my husband for not locking it up on erev pesach)

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Aug 27 2021, 1:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
thanks so much everyone who posted and I didnt know there was a kosher lpesach one so ill be looking next pesach for it.

to this poster above, yes, I heard this too, do u know if its okay to give to my kids too?
No reason not to give it to kids but will they take it the way it tastes lol?

sari00

Post Fri, Aug 27 2021, 1:14 pm
I was having 1 tablespoon of acv in water, before coffee in the morning def settled my stomach and before bed as well... along with a healthy diet, exercise 2x a weight I was losing weight I think it's all these good habits put together.... concerned about using during pregnancy so stopped...

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 27 2021, 2:56 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
DH takes Braggs apple cider vinegar (with the "mother") every day. Not for insulin, he has bad reflux and does this along with a very cleaned up diet.

yes, this is the one I take.

amother
Slateblue

Post Fri, Aug 27 2021, 3:05 pm
I think the one that is Kasher LePesach is imitation vinegar.

amother
Linen

Post Fri, Aug 27 2021, 3:08 pm
It’s great for the gut and the gut is responsible for a huge part of our health so it makes a lot of sense.

wifenmother

Post Fri, Aug 27 2021, 3:08 pm
My friend recommended I take it for energy and weight loss. So I take a little more than a T each morning in 16oz water. It makes me feel full and definitely gives me a boost of energy.

amother
Ebony

Post Fri, Aug 27 2021, 3:29 pm
Doesn't lemon juice do the same thing?

amother
Aster

Post Fri, Aug 27 2021, 3:33 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:

Why would it be and what is imitation vinegar even?

amother
Linen

Post Fri, Aug 27 2021, 3:45 pm
amother [ Ebony ] wrote:
Doesn't lemon juice do the same thing?

Not in the least

amother
Aster

Post Fri, Aug 27 2021, 3:48 pm
Is there a single study showing a difference between ACV and pure acetic acid?

amother
Yolk

Post Sat, Aug 28 2021, 5:59 pm

Not apple cider vinegar, it's the real deal.
Only the kosher l'pesach white vinegar (which is gross - imitation because during the year it's made from grains).

kalsee

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 12:26 am
The idea sounds great. Can someone explain how to get past the horrible smell and taste?

amother
Arcticblue

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 3:26 am

No
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise