Home

Please advice. Covid positive.
1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post Sat, Aug 28 2021, 10:34 pm
Person had symptoms for couple days
Decided to test and was confirmed Covid positive
Symptoms got worse for like 4 days after
Got better
Then went to recheck ( one week later) still positive
Claims no symptoms but only cough remains

Can he come back to work or it’s too soon?
What are the updated quarantine guidelines?
He was not vaccinated
Thank you
Back to top

tigerwife




 
 
 
 

Post Sat, Aug 28 2021, 10:36 pm
How long has it been since he had fever? I was told one week past onset of symptoms with at least 24 hours fever free. On day 8 I tested negative. The cough could just be residual damage.
Back to top

amother




Petunia
 

Post Sat, Aug 28 2021, 10:38 pm
You can test positive weeks after covid being gone. Some people just have the inactivated virus still in their nostrils. 7 days post onset of symptoms they can return to work, although until they get a negative test, I think the right thing to do is keep their mask on while at work.
Back to top

amother




DarkYellow
 

Post Sat, Aug 28 2021, 10:42 pm
By us it's 24 hours being fever free and 10 days after first day of symptoms.
Back to top

tweety1




 
 
 
 

Post Sat, Aug 28 2021, 10:42 pm
Dr told dh 10 days unless he symptom free earlier. He also told him he doesn't have to quarantine if he wears a mask even with symptoms. This was last week. Bh he had a mild case and is feeling all good.
Back to top

amother




Aster
 

Post Sat, Aug 28 2021, 10:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Person had symptoms for couple days
Decided to test and was confirmed Covid positive
Symptoms got worse for like 4 days after
Got better
Then went to recheck ( one week later) still positive
Claims no symptoms but only cough remains

Can he come back to work or it’s too soon?
What are the updated quarantine guidelines?
He was not vaccinated
Thank you



The frum community is doomed to repeat March and April 2020. Do not ask this question on an anonymous website, ask your doctor!!!
Back to top

southernbubby




 
 
 
 

Post Sat, Aug 28 2021, 10:50 pm
The health department called us 10 days after we tested positive to say that we could leave the house.
Back to top

Scotty




 
 
 
 

Post Sat, Aug 28 2021, 10:58 pm
Doctor and US health dept told us it’s ten days from positive test including 24 hours of no symptoms, except for taste/smell.

If I might suggest (without trying to sound catty or rude, sorry don’t know how to say it better) perhaps call your local board of health and/or GP instead of asking us random people on the internet.
Back to top

amother




Daffodil
 

Post Sat, Aug 28 2021, 11:13 pm
In quebec, dept of health told us that it's 10 days from first symptom and 24 hours fever free. We were told that the cough and loss of smell may linger and that we may test positive for the next 3 months.
Back to top

nchr




 
 
 
 

Post Sat, Aug 28 2021, 11:32 pm
amother [ Aster ] wrote:
The frum community is doomed to repeat March and April 2020.


Ch'v. Why would you make such an ignorant comment?
Many elderly and at risk are vaccinated, even those who already had covid.
The majority of other people already had the virus and therefore are unlikely to get it again. You realize countries besides for the US recognize prior infection as immunity.
Back to top

amother




Freesia
 

Post Sat, Aug 28 2021, 11:34 pm
How long since positive?
How long since symptoms started?
Back to top

STMommy




 
 
 
 

Post Sat, Aug 28 2021, 11:34 pm
10 days from onset of symptoms is when quarantine ends
Back to top

ally




 
 
 
 

Post Sat, Aug 28 2021, 11:37 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Dr told dh 10 days unless he symptom free earlier. He also told him he doesn't have to quarantine if he wears a mask even with symptoms. This was last week. Bh he had a mild case and is feeling all good.


On what basis would he not have to quarantine? That is terrible dangerous advice.
Back to top

amother




Peachpuff
 

Post Sat, Aug 28 2021, 11:38 pm
ally wrote:
On what basis would he not have to quarantine? That is terrible dangerous advice.


Science shows masks lower transmission significantly and also most adults in NYS are already vaccinated or had covid. I assume it's based on that. This advise makes sense.
Back to top

tweety1




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 12:09 am
amother [ Peachpuff ] wrote:
Science shows masks lower transmission significantly and also most adults in NYS are already vaccinated or had covid. I assume it's based on that. This advise makes sense.

Thank you. When I posted I was hesitant to post under my UN because of the possibility of being bashed. But then I decided it's not my own advice; I'm following drs orders. Thank you for this post
Back to top

amother




Pear
 

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 12:12 am
tweety1 wrote:
Thank you. When I posted I was hesitant to post under my UN because of the possibility of being bashed. But then I decided it's not my own advice; I'm following drs orders. Thank you for this post


I’m really shocked a doctor told you that.
Back to top

Teomima




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 12:18 am
A cough is not "no symptoms". A cough is the number one way a virus spreads. Please do not come anywhere near me if you have tested positive for covid and have a cough. Stay home!
Back to top

amother




Blushpink
 

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 12:26 am
Teomima wrote:
A cough is not "no symptoms". A cough is the number one way a virus spreads. Please do not come anywhere near me if you have tested positive for covid and have a cough. Stay home!

I had a cough for 2 months after I had covid last year.
Back to top

tweety1




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 1:04 am
amother [ Pear ] wrote:
I’m really shocked a doctor told you that.

To be honest I was too. Many times when we ask authority about anything were shocked about the response.
Back to top

amother




Stone
 

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 1:05 am
tweety1 wrote:
Dr told dh 10 days unless he symptom free earlier. He also told him he doesn't have to quarantine if he wears a mask even with symptoms. This was last week. Bh he had a mild case and is feeling all good.


This is why I freak out every time I see a frum person in a mask. I assume they're wearing it to avoid quarantine.

And should I describe how they're wearing it??

This is how the cycle keeps repeating. Sigh.
Back to top
1, 2  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Need advice about keeping at risk ds from going fully otd
by amother
28 Today at 6:38 pm View last post
Brooklyn- where get PCR covid test today, results tomorrow?
by amother
9 Today at 5:03 pm View last post
I got the covid vaccine in pregnancy and baby is healthy
by amother
6 Today at 3:24 pm View last post
Covid minyan in flatbush for Yom Kippur
by amother
15 Today at 7:18 am View last post
Alternative Home Remedies for Covid
by amother
34 Fri, Sep 17 2021, 7:01 pm View last post
by cbg