Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Have you tried any alternative therapies successfully?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 2:49 am
My ds was born at full term after a normal pregnancy, and all seemed fine.

Now he is almost 20 months and has various "issues". The issues don't seem related but I have a sense that they may be.

He has eczema and many food and environmental allergies.
He vomits frequently even when eating safe foods.
He avoids most foods and only eats one or two foods.
He doesnt say a single word, despite clearly understanding and hearing well.

Regarding the eczema and allergies, he is being treated by an allergist.
Regarding the vomiting and food avoidance, we are exploring EOE, but have to wait on an endoscopy.
Regarding the speech delay, he has been seeing a speech therapist.

My question is, has anyone out there had a child with similar issues and tried to go the holistic route successfully? I'm not sure I believe in energy healing and the like but I wonder if it isn't worth a try anyway.

amother
Hunter

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 6:18 am
Eczema is just the skin handling the allergies, and the vomiting and pickiness can be related for sure. An allergist can pick up all ige reactions, not all food sensitivities which can equally cause problems. There are igg, igm, iga & igd reactions too.

The speech not necessarily, it can be hereditary or hearing related.Did you get him tested by an audiologist for fluid or hearing in general?

Where are you located? If you go to any alternative routes, only go where they have a reputation that helped long term success with this specific issue.

My friends ds was helped a little younger than that by some chiropractic type adustments, just a couple of times, and a high quality probiotic mixed into his bottle for a while.

Success10

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 6:57 am
I know someone who successfully used engery/pendulum to id the child's trigger foods. That being said, there might be a halachic issue with this method and she has since stopped going that route. Now she said it's just trial and error until she figures out what food is causing the issue.

amother
Gardenia

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 7:22 am
Take your son to a child chiro to get adjusted (that doesnt mean cracking etc).

Im an SLP. Have your son tested for fluid and hearing loss. He also needs a speech therapist for food therapy.

And honestly, hold off on vaccinating for a few months. Before everyone throws tomatoes at me, the vaccine inserts list many adverse reactions that can occur including eczema, vomiting etc

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 7:30 am
The symptoms do sound like EOE, which my little son has.
My son also had speech and food issues but for different reasons. He had speech therapy for two years and then was fine bh.
He also had a hearing test which he failed twice. He had constant ear infections and needed tubes.
Have an evaluation for speech and language therapy, but first a hearing test.
I give my son Immune booster vitamins, which help alot for his symptoms.
Refuah sheleima

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 11:02 am
Functional medicine . They are good at root causes and looking at the big picture.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 12:33 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
The symptoms do sound like EOE, which my little son has.
My son also had speech and food issues but for different reasons. He had speech therapy for two years and then was fine bh.
He also had a hearing test which he failed twice. He had constant ear infections and needed tubes.
Have an evaluation for speech and language therapy, but first a hearing test.
I give my son Immune booster vitamins, which help alot for his symptoms.
Refuah sheleima

What immune booster do you give?

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 1:13 pm
Yes
A good kinesiologist helped muscle test food triggers and other things.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 3:54 pm
amother [ Lemonlime ] wrote:
What immune booster do you give?
For allergic type symptoms you want immune regulators as opposed to immune boosters. In atopic diseases the immune system is already overly “boosted”.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 4:15 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
For allergic type symptoms you want immune regulators as opposed to immune boosters. In atopic diseases the immune system is already overly “boosted”.

This.

Also, working on liver health.

Fermented beet juice made the pickl it way.

Craniosacral therapy and kinesiology. Bh Bh. My son mostly outgrew his allergies. Even the foods he's still allergic to are very mild allergies. Rarely any eczema. Bh he has nice healthy appetite now.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 6:59 pm
I have two little kids one has had terrible eczema I went to kinesiology. she gave me list of food what not to eat also gave a few vitamins... did the diet took the vitamins... I had to go to her once a week.. did it for a few month I see a drastic change must say its almost gone... the other has a digestive issue she vomits after eating she is not gaining wieght medically she is fine so I started the same things im giving her vitamins yes I do see changes BH.. first I tried medical took all kinds of test nothing showed that somthing is wrong with them so I figered I will try kinesiology.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 8:52 pm
amother [ Hunter ] wrote:
Eczema is just the skin handling the allergies, and the vomiting and pickiness can be related for sure. An allergist can pick up all ige reactions, not all food sensitivities which can equally cause problems. There are igg, igm, iga & igd reactions too.

The speech not necessarily, it can be hereditary or hearing related.Did you get him tested by an audiologist for fluid or hearing in general?

Where are you located? If you go to any alternative routes, only go where they have a reputation that helped long term success with this specific issue.

My friends ds was helped a little younger than that by some chiropractic type adustments, just a couple of times, and a high quality probiotic mixed into his bottle for a while.

He has not had the hearing test yet. It's in the plans. But I would be shocked if it comes out that he has a hearing issue. He seems to hear very well.

I am in South Florida.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 8:53 pm
Success10 wrote:
I know someone who successfully used engery/pendulum to id the child's trigger foods. That being said, there might be a halachic issue with this method and she has since stopped going that route. Now she said it's just trial and error until she figures out what food is causing the issue.

He had skin testing and blood tests, so we know which foods he is allergic to. But he will also vomit from perfectly safe foods. He has vomited while eating foods made in allergy free facilities.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 8:56 pm
amother [ Gardenia ] wrote:
Take your son to a child chiro to get adjusted (that doesnt mean cracking etc).

Im an SLP. Have your son tested for fluid and hearing loss. He also needs a speech therapist for food therapy.

And honestly, hold off on vaccinating for a few months. Before everyone throws tomatoes at me, the vaccine inserts list many adverse reactions that can occur including eczema, vomiting etc

Thanks.
I was thinking about going to a chiropractor. He happens to be very behind in vaccines because we had an issue with health insurance.

I was wondering if anyone has seen these particular issues in one child. I keep thinking they are all symptoms of one underlying cause.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 9:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks.
I was thinking about going to a chiropractor. He happens to be very behind in vaccines because we had an issue with health insurance.

I was wondering if anyone has seen these particular issues in one child. I keep thinking they are all symptoms of one underlying cause.
Eczema, allergies and recurrent infections are all symptoms of immune dysregulation. Immune dysregulation often means systemic inflammation. Systemic inflammation can affect the nervous system and brain, and cause speech delays. Methylation issues can also be a unifying root cause between immune dysregulation and delayed speech. Often there are gut issues as well, especially increased gut permeability, aka leaky gut, where semi digested proteins enter the bloodstream and cause the immune system to react to them, leading to the inflammation cascade discussed above. There can also be issues with malabsorption due to gut issues, where the brain isn’t getting the nutrients it needs to develop speech. Often there is dysbiosis in the gut as well. These are all theoretical, a functional dr can help you figure out what is really going on.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 9:45 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Eczema, allergies and recurrent infections are all symptoms of immune dysregulation. Immune dysregulation often means systemic inflammation. Systemic inflammation can affect the nervous system and brain, and cause speech delays. Methylation issues can also be a unifying root cause between immune dysregulation and delayed speech. Often there are gut issues as well, especially increased gut permeability, aka leaky gut, where semi digested proteins enter the bloodstream and cause the immune system to react to them, leading to the inflammation cascade discussed above. There can also be issues with malabsorption due to gut issues, where the brain isn’t getting the nutrients it needs to develop speech. Often there is dysbiosis in the gut as well. These are all theoretical, a functional dr can help you figure out what is really going on.

Omg. This all sounds really complicating.
I never heard of a functional doctor. Is that a type of alternative medicine? How do they operate?
How would I find one?
I'm in South Florida
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics