Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Little girls playing on shabbos
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 9:13 am
causemommysaid wrote:
Ur grossed out by their underwear? That's so odd. I'm not even sure what that means.

Just say sit tznius and try to give them something to play with.

Do your boys like when they come?

I’m grossed out that they are sitting on my couch with their sweaty underwear. Yes, it’s gross. They come to me on a shbs afternoon after a whole night and morning of running around in the heat, and honestly, yes it’s gross. I don’t sit on my couch in my underwear. I put on a pair of leggings or shorts or a bathrobe at the very least.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 9:15 am
These responses are kind of harsh. I also don’t like when little girls, whether my own or someone else’s, sit like that on my couch. I have seen too many times ill fitting underwear or other similar situations and I feel like my couch becomes basically a toilet seat. It IS pretty gross. However, most girls who come to my house have no problem getting into the toys. Maybe they need some encouragement or maybe this is just their personality.

amother
Jasmine

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 9:16 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m grossed out that they are sitting on my couch with their sweaty underwear. Yes, it’s gross. They come to me on a shbs afternoon after a whole night and morning of running around in the heat, and honestly, yes it’s gross. I don’t sit on my couch in my underwear. I put on a pair of leggings or shorts or a bathrobe at the very least.

Tell them to please not sit on the couch and put some clicks on the floor. Or tell their parents you have a boy home and don't want girls over.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 9:18 am
Hey op, I completely understand you!
Kids don't wipe well and their panties are very stinky...

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 9:19 am
Just a point. I am a mom of both boys and girls and personally I really dont get why, especially at the park (running and climbing etc) little shorts or tights arent put on underneath. I always do it for my little girls. No I wouldnt say im grossed out, but I think its classier/more tsnius (not sure what word im looking for because I wouldnt say its a jewish thing) to have that area more covered.
As per not playing- thats not a girl thing.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 9:19 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

If they weren’t wearing panties I would hear you.

What do you mean a whole night? Do you have any reason to think these girls don’t change their underwear daily? Underwear that was changed in the morning Won’t be gross in the afternoon. Little girls don’t Typically have l discharge (if yo e comparing to what your underwear smells like the afternoon perhaps) and are clean and dry in the afternoon.

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 9:21 am
Not all girls are sweaty and stinky. And many of us give our kids clean underwear every morning. So by definition underwear doesn’t equal gross. This thread is absurd. Now I get why so many kids have body issues.....

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 9:25 am
amother [ Oatmeal ] wrote:
These responses are kind of harsh. I also don’t like when little girls, whether my own or someone else’s, sit like that on my couch. I have seen too many times ill fitting underwear or other similar situations and I feel like my couch becomes basically a toilet seat. It IS pretty gross.

And little boys never have accidents in their pants? Really? Every boy I've ever known in that age group has gone around smelling like stale urine at one point or another. They seem quite oblivious.

I agree that bike shorts are needed, especially if kids are going to the park. Little girls should be able to tumble in the grass and climb on the monkey bars just like everyone else.

*I do hear you about the couch. My mom had the most hideous vinyl sofa when we were growing up. The rest of our house was filled with beautiful antiques. I asked her why she didn't get rid of the sofa, and she said "I'm keeping it until all of you are grown up. I wipes off very easily." Very Happy

amother
Mintgreen

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 9:43 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Little girls don’t sweat and get discharge there like adults do. You clearly just dislike these girls, tell their mother they can’t come anymore.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 9:46 am
amother [ Mintgreen ] wrote:
Little girls don’t sweat and get discharge there like adults do. You clearly just dislike these girls, tell their mother they can’t come anymore.

They possibly have other things, like old excrement and pinworms. I have lots of kids over. I’ve seen things.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 9:50 am
amother [ Oatmeal ] wrote:
They possibly have other things, like old excrement and pinworms. I have lots of kids over. I’ve seen things.

Boys can have that too.

amother
Dustypink

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 9:51 am
Lordie

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 9:51 am
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
Boys can have that too.

But my boys wear shorts or pants at all times so it’s never their underwear on the couch.

imaima

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 9:55 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Not all girls are sweaty and stinky. And many of us give our kids clean underwear every morning. So by definition underwear doesn’t equal gross. This thread is absurd. Now I get why so many kids have body issues.....

At ages 3, 4 and 6 all my kids change into clean underwear after taking off their pyjamas.
OP do other people a favor and stop hosting their kids. It doesn't sound like a loving atmosphere...

If I host such young kids, I am always aware of accidents and other unwanted outcomes.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 10:06 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
But my boys wear shorts or pants at all times so it’s never their underwear on the couch.
Scratching Head Scratching Head Scratching Head Scratching Head Scratching Head
This is all I can say to this thread.
If you're so OCD about having kids over, you're not made to host.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 10:09 am
amother [ Tanzanite ] wrote:
Scratching Head Scratching Head Scratching Head Scratching Head Scratching Head
This is all I can say to this thread.
If you're so OCD about having kids over, you're not made to host.

I agree. Sounds like these girls are picking up on your discomfort and anxiety and they don’t feel comfortable enough to play. You shouldn’t have children play in your home, clearly

Iymnok

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 10:18 am
Make. Rule if no kids in the couch.

amother
Snowflake

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 10:19 am
Totally normal at this age.
Never had an issue with concern of germs unless someone were bare bottomed. And we are very hygiene conscious.
If you don't want them over just let their mom know in a nice diplomatic way.
How old are your boys?
Just fyi does it gross you out that little boys often seem to stick their hands in their pants? Like we have the kids hand wash with soap at some ages somewhat regularly.
We have little girls and boys and there's a time and a place for everything including reminding as well as ignoring and looking away.
If your boys are too old that its awkward to have the girls sitting there forgetting to cover their skirt properly then just let the parents know its not working for you.

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 10:24 am
Forgot the underwear part- why are girls coming over if you don’t have daughters? This is the weirdest part. Where are the parents ? Send them home. And ya I’m pro short under a skirt. Always. I get put off seeing parents dress kids all tznius but then not realize that kids are kids and they will sit in ways that will show their underwear. I wouldn’t want my boys to see that. I myself as an adult wouldn’t want to see it. I would tell them my boys hang out with boys at this age sorry. Parents of the girls should understand

amother
Acacia

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 10:27 am
If a woman wearing a dress but no tights came to visit, would you let her sit on your couch? Or would you be afraid that she was transferring cooties to your furniture? Your concern about little girls' underwear is bizarre.

Seems like they know you are disgusted by them, and they don't feel comfortable. You can ask the mom to put them in bike shorts under their skirts, but don't be surprised if she thinks there's something really off about the request.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics