Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
DS (5) with bathroom issues

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 5:00 pm
So my precious DS is 5 and started having bathroom issues a few weeks ago. By issues I mean he felt he needed to poop, but he couldn't so I naturally ran to the Dr and he gave me laxative to loosen it and it worked but he still keeps running to the bathroom to pee I checked his urine by the Dr and it was fine I checked for diabetes it's also fine bh. I spoke to his teacher maybe there is some changes in the class that makes him nervous but he said he needs to go while engrossed in a game or a story so it's not like he wants to run away from something. What can it be?! At this point I'm thinking maybe it's emotional his younger brother is 18 months and just started doing all these precocious cute things and maybe he is jealous (DS 5 is a very sensitive child) . Can anyone help me please?

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 5:27 pm
Check for strep/pandas

amother
Arcticblue

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 6:23 pm
Could still be constipation. If the colon is very backed up and full, it could be putting too much pressure on the bladder and not allowing it to store too much urine.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 6:43 pm
amother [ Arcticblue ] wrote:
Could still be constipation. If the colon is very backed up and full, it could be putting too much pressure on the bladder and not allowing it to store too much urine.

This is very likely. Perhaps he would benefit from more fiber/water in his diet.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 6:55 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Check for strep/pandas

I second this. I know people throw around this term but I’m in middle of researching this cuz my child has it and sounds like yours does too. Good luck !!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics