Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
I bought from an illegit website
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 7:41 pm
As soon as I checked out I was aware that it's a scam. Luckily I paid via PayPal. I right away reached out to them to cancel the payment but they told me they can only refund if the item isn't received. Ofcorse seller provided a tracking number that shows item was delivered. Now I have to start a claim with the shipping carrier that nothing was delivered. I really thought I'm safe with PayPal...

Except for the hassle and all, is there any other way I can get burnt from this website? Do I have to change credit card or because it's through PayPal am I protected?
Also, should I try disputing the charge directly with the credit card company?

Thanks.

trixx

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 7:45 pm
Cc won't provide protection if you used PayPal bc PayPal is a 3rd party site but you can try

amother
Sunflower

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 8:01 pm
Can you please share the site so others don’t use it?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 8:03 pm
Look up the tracking details on the delivery website, probably won't have your address. Go back to Paypal and complain.

I had that happen. Illegitimate site, never shipped, complained to Paypal a few months later, they gave a fake tracking number, Paypal ruled in their favor. I went back to Paypal and showed them how there's no such tracking number and I got refunded.

On AliExpress, I had items marked as delivered so Ali didn't rule in my favor, till I took a screenshot of the delivery information that showed a totally different part of the country. I got my money back.

chanatron1000

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 8:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do I have to change credit card or because it's through PayPal am I protected?
If you used PayPal, the site doesn't have your credit card number. So you don't have to change credit cards.

mamaleh

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 8:48 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Look up the tracking details on the delivery website, probably won't have your address. Go back to Paypal and complain.

I had that happen. Illegitimate site, never shipped, complained to Paypal a few months later, they gave a fake tracking number, Paypal ruled in their favor. I went back to Paypal and showed them how there's no such tracking number and I got refunded.

On AliExpress, I had items marked as delivered so Ali didn't rule in my favor, till I took a screenshot of the delivery information that showed a totally different part of the country. I got my money back.

I had a similar experience with PayPal. Company had tracking number but it wasn’t correct. Reached out to PayPal & got a refund pretty quickly.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 9:10 pm
I always thought it was weird that they wanted you to prove you never got something.

I could tell you I never got my pet elephant, but how would you know for sure?

SYA

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 9:19 pm
I had that recently. Showed PayPal how the item is 50 pounds but the “delivered” package label was 1 pound. It could not be the large item ordered. They refunded then immediately.
I also confirmed with my UPS driver.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 9:34 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:

So tracking history does show delivered to my address. That makes everything more complicated.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 9:35 pm
SYA wrote:
I had that recently. Showed PayPal how the item is 50 pounds but the “delivered” package label was 1 pound. It could not be the large item ordered. They refunded then immediately.
I also confirmed with my UPS driver.

And I checked this as well. The package weight is more than the item. Confused

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 9:37 pm
amother [ Sunflower ] wrote:
Can you please share the site so others don’t use it?

Henlastore.com

gibberish

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 9:37 pm
Is it a real tracking number? Can you go onto FedEx (or other shipper) website and key in the tracking number provided?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 9:41 pm
gibberish wrote:
Is it a real tracking number? Can you go onto FedEx (or other shipper) website and key in the tracking number provided?

Yes, real tracking number. I placed the order Aug 18, opened a case with PayPal Aug 19, and tracking shows the item was delivered Aug 20. And ofcorse nothing came. How does that even make sense?? How can I track something without it being delivered?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 9:45 pm
I feel so doomed that I fell for this scam. Not so much for the money lost..

I checked out with PayPal as payment option, and instead of being redirected to the site to confirm the purchase, I was being returned to the website 'thank you for your purchase'. I've never had that before. I always need to confirm the purchase after choosing payment method. And I wasn't going to..cause I already realized it's a scam TMI

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 10:01 pm
Send PayPal this
https://www.trustpilot.com/rev.....e.com

mommy100

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 10:05 pm
I had used my cc through PayPal for a scam once and I refuted the charge on my cc and got it refunded that way

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 10:09 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Send PayPal this
https://www.trustpilot.com/rev.....e.com

Ye, a quick Google search confirmed this. I had contacted them right away, told them it's a scam. They told me only once I dont receive the item within a certain amount of time they'll rule in my favor. I told them that I saw on Google that they'll provide a tracking, so why wait for that?? I think the way they handled it doesn't make sense.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 10:28 pm
mommy100 wrote:
I had used my cc through PayPal for a scam once and I refuted the charge on my cc and got it refunded that way

I'll try this, can't hurt.

Mommy1:)

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 10:46 pm
I had this happen about 1 year ago with a different website, paid with paypal. I was waiting for a package weighing about 50 lbs, and received a small packet of kn95 masks... I called USPS and they told me the tracking number has a weight limit that would never allow for 50 lbs, tried emailing the seller and calling but the email came back as non deliverable and phone number not in service. I would have thought it would be cut and dried, but it was the worst hassle with paypal. They had me fill out an official report with some government agency, and with USPS, then send them all the reports while they "investigated." After 2 months I threatened to dispute the charges with my credit card company and they finally closed it out.

I don't use paypal the same way any longer due to this, would rather use my own credit card where they offer extra protections and can provide one time use disposable credit card numbers. Or just use my regular credit card and call to request a hold and new one if there is any strange activity on my account.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 10:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
As soon as I checked out I was aware that it's a scam. Luckily I paid via PayPal. I right away reached out to them to cancel the payment but they told me they can only refund if the item isn't received. Ofcorse seller provided a tracking number that shows item was delivered. Now I have to start a claim with the shipping carrier that nothing was delivered. I really thought I'm safe with PayPal...

Except for the hassle and all, is there any other way I can get burnt from this website? Do I have to change credit card or because it's through PayPal am I protected?
Also, should I try disputing the charge directly with the credit card company?

Thanks.

The same thing happened to me. It took me months and months to have PayPal refund my money. Since then, I never use PayPal if I can help it. I also contacted the BBB which was a help.

To answer your questions, and this is based on my experience:

You don't have to change credit cards. They do not have your info.

The CC company said they can cancel the charge but it's against PayPal and not the illegit website. PayPal may disqualify you from being a customer in the future. I did not want to do that just in case I ever needed them again.

Just keep contacting PayPal. It took me MONTHS to speak to a human. Ultimately I filed a claim with the BBB against PayPal but right around that time PayPal finally resolved my claim.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics