Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Bosch dishwasher
1  2  Next

momoftwo2

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 11:08 am
I’m trying to figure out the difference between the Bosch 300 and 800. It’s a $300 difference and I’m getting two dishwashers so it makes a big difference. Is the 800 worth the extra money?

vintagebknyc

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 11:13 am
I HATE our Bosch dishwasher. The heating units are inside the plastic; the whole thing smells dank. I wouldn't buy another

momoftwo2

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 11:35 am
vintagebknyc wrote:
I HATE our Bosch dishwasher. The heating units are inside the plastic; the whole thing smells dank. I wouldn't buy another

Do you know which model you have?

momoftwo2

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 11:36 am
How does the kitchen aid compare to the Bosch?

vintagebknyc

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 11:45 am
momoftwo2 wrote:
Do you know which model you have?

I don’t know, it’s ten years old. But all Bosch have interior heating coils so it’s the same problem. I’ve spoken with customer service, there is no fixing it. (Also, there are two of us with this machine: it might be very different if it was running every day)

Amarante

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 12:11 pm
I love my Bosch dishwasher. I especially like that there are no heating coils so nothing melts ajd it is gentler in general.

You need to leave the door open a bit after it is finished so it dries. My first Bosch from 2004 was still working in 2017 and the only reason I replaced it was because I was remodeling and wanted a paneled model. One of the workers took it as it was still working.

vintagebknyc

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 12:13 pm
Amarante wrote:
I love my Bosch dishwasher. I especially like that there are no heating coils so nothing melts ajd it is gentler in general.

You need to leave the door open a bit after it is finished so it dries. My first Bosch from 2004 was still working in 2017 and the only reason I replaced it was because I was remodeling and wanted a paneled model. One of the workers took it as it was still working.

Lol, we have the door to ours ajar ALL the time...

Plonis

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 12:39 pm
I also love my Bosch. We had the basic model, and used it very heavily (1-3 loads per day for about 5 years straight). We did eventually kill the pump, probably thanks to kids putting dishes in with lots of food still on them! (You need to scrape, but not rinse.)

We are buying another Bosch now.

Amarante

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 1:13 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
Lol, we have the door to ours ajar ALL the time...

Not my experience at all.

I learned to open it slightly so that the Tupperware type containers dried.

Because there isn't the heating element loading is so much easier because I don't have to worry about placing plastic stove.

But no problems. And it so quiet that I literally would have to put my hand on the container to see if there was a slight vibration.

momoftwo2

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 2:08 pm
Amarante wrote:
Not my experience at all.

I learned to open it slightly so that the Tupperware type containers dried.

Because there isn't the heating element loading is so much easier because I don't have to worry about placing plastic stove.

But no problems. And it so quiet that I literally would have to put my hand on the container to see if there was a slight vibration.

What made you choose Bosch over kitchen aid? What model do you have?

Amarante

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 2:17 pm
momoftwo2 wrote:
What made you choose Bosch over kitchen aid? What model do you have?

Prior ownership of my Boscho which was still going strong after 13 years. I bought a Bosch originally because of the great reviews and they were right.

I am not sure which model I replaced it with as I needed a dishwasher that could be paneled - e.g. I have a wood front that matches my cabinet doors instead of a stainless door. My previous Bosch was stainless.

All of the Bosch are excellent. Generally if you go to an appliance site on-line you can easily compare different models and decide which features are important to you.

Whatever you get I do recommend getting a water alarm system which shuts off the water if the sensor registers water where it shouldn't so it prevents flood. Some of the Bosch models have built in alarm systems. I have a Bosch washer/dryer stackable unit and it comes with a built in alarm shut off system. Also some of the hoses are extra strong - my washer/dryer also has double hoses so there is less likelihood of leaking and if they did leak the alarm would turn it off.

I have nothing against Kitchenaid and have a KA refrigerator. I just didn't think there was a reason to change since my previous Bosch had been so good. However I went for the KA refrigerator because it was a better refrigerator than the Bosch refrigerator which I also considered.

ETA - I also have fairly uncomplicated dishwashing needs and I just turn it on. I don't do special cycles for delicate stuff or do a half load or whatever but my Bosch has those. I would use them so infrequently that I would have to consult the manual if I wanted to do something fancy. LOL

momoftwo2

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 2:28 pm
Thanks for the info! I want a paneled unit too so the store gave me the option of 300 series and 800 series. The 800 is $300 more though.
Your unit has this alarm thing? Or you installed one separately? I never heard of that. But I’ve never had a dishwasher in my life.

Plonis

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 2:29 pm
I think ALL Bosch dishwashers shut off if they aren't draining. My Bosch did, and it was the cheapest one they sell.

Amarante

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 2:33 pm
momoftwo2 wrote:
Thanks for the info! I want a paneled unit too so the store gave me the option of 300 series and 800 series. The 800 is $300 more though.
Your unit has this alarm thing? Or you installed one separately? I never heard of that. But I’ve never had a dishwasher in my life.

I don't recall as I had a total remodel and some of the appliances did have an alarm but others were installed by the plumber as part of the total job. I am certain that my Bosch washer/dryer did.

Check out a compare and see what the different features are. I have a Benchmark Bosch wall oven and I think my washer/dryers are also Benchmark but I didn't get the Benchmark washer dryer. As I recall some of the cost is because of the door style and because I was having a panel, I didn't need the style. I had paid extra for better style door for my previous Bosch Smile. But check out the specifications which are available online and see if any of the features will make a difference in your operating pleasure.

The alarm is something your plumber can install fairly easily along with what is called a Smittie pan which catches the water.

I also have an alarm for the waterline for my refrigerator.

K/H I have never had a flood but the damage can be catastrophic - not just expensive but complete upheaval.

I have an HVAC unit in the ceiling which has a common water line for all the units in my building. Prior to my remodel it would overflow periodically and ruin the ceiling and flood the floor below it. When I remodeled I had them put in a shut off alarm system which really saved me this summer when my HVAC was breaking down and so the compressor was leaking. Because it shut itself off, I had no flood and didn't have to replace the ceiling and it didn't ruin my floors.

Coffee beanz

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 3:31 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:

Same problem. We had to throw it out. Irs supposedly a commin issue with their dishwashers

Miri1

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 3:41 pm
I'm not crazy about my Bosch because I find it doesn't stack as efficiently as my other dishwasher did. I also appreciated putting the flatware in the container against the door rather than taking up more space in the trays - also more efficient.
We don't have a smelly dishwasher problem though, possibly because we have a metal interior rather than plastic - I remember it was pricier than a plastic interior.

Also, why is the cycle SO long? Is this a Bosch thing or an environmental laws thing?

imorethanamother

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 6:14 pm
momoftwo2 wrote:

I got a panelled unit with KitchenAid. It's been ten years and it's working great! I got two of them.

momoftwo2

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 6:38 pm
imorethanamother wrote:
I got a panelled unit with KitchenAid. It's been ten years and it's working great! I got two of them.

What made you choose kitchen aid over Bosch?

imorethanamother

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 12:10 pm
momoftwo2 wrote:
What made you choose kitchen aid over Bosch?

The price. Obviously!

cfriedman2

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 12:30 pm
I have this model bosch and hate it- it always smells BOSCH DW 5000 SERIES SS
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars