Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Playgroup for next school year?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 2:23 pm
My dd will be 18mo at the start of next school year. Do playgroups start at that age or is it still babysitting? What can I expect in terms of group size? (I'm sending her purely for the social aspect, so no need for long hours. I just want somewhere loving)

Anyone have a group/morah to reccomend? Extended ridge area

mommy2x

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 1:43 am
18-24 months group is the age you need. It's structured babysitting. Kids still nap and they have Linger play time but they will also have davening, circle time, story time, parsha time etc. It's sort of like playgroup. But more chilled. They do projects relating to Yom tov or parsha but much more chilled than an older playgroup. Glorified babysitting. Giving your kid structure to their day but easy enough for the kids to follow at that age. Some kids walk away from the circle and no one minds. It's for the kids who like and enjoy it. The morah will get the kid if they wander too far but overall it's a more chilled playgroup but has much more structure and a schedule as opposed to babysitting where the kids just play all day. In 18-24 they play a lot for sure but have random more structured times. Also all the kids eat together (snack, lunch, Shabbos party etc) whereas babysitting everyone is on their own schedules.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 8:36 am
Thanks! How many hours per day do the kids go for?
Also, is there a directory or something that lists the groups/morahs?

amother
Opal

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 8:46 am
Kids go 9:30-2:00.
Includes a nap.
Best bet is to ask neighbors for recommendations.
At that age I feel ppl take a lot of kids. Avg is like 10 to one Morah.
Problem is they charge very little do unless they take more kids they make nothing. If you start research now you can try to find a group that is smaller.

(My son went last year at 20 months to group with 10 kids, 1 Morah. Besides crying first week he loved it. Morah was responsible and on top of situation and I never felt unsafe. I would just prefer smaller groups)

mommy2x

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 9:31 am
The hours are like a regular playgroup. It depends on the teacher and that area. My daughter went from 9 to 3. If you send to a daycare center you get longer. As far as recommendations, it's best to speak to your neighbors and friends. There is no official list.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries