Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Siblings changing diaper
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Pansy

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 1:27 pm
amother [ Almond ] wrote:
If kids don't learn...how will they ever know when they're parents?

It doesn't have to be all the time, my mom would always jokingly ask us, knowing she or my father would probably do it. Occasionally, we'd say sure.

I babysat often as a high schooler and counselor and sometimes you do need to change a diaper.

It's not fun, but a part of life.

As long as the boy is offering to be helpful and not in appropriate it's fine. One day he'll iyh be a father and should know.
I always hated when ppl said that when I was a kid and even now. We give you homework so you can prepare for when your. I always said the day someone gives vacation to prepare me for when I retire...! Smile Very Happy

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 1:28 pm
amother [ Pansy ] wrote:
I always hated when ppl said that when I was a kid and even now. We give you homework so you can prepare for when your. I always said the day someone gives vacation to prepare me for when I retire...! Smile Very Happy

Seriously!!!
You learn when you have to, for the most part.

amother
Calendula

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 1:29 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Im sorry but baby girls do NOT have lady bits. Do you not realize that you are 2exualizing something that is not 2exual?

Wait. Sorry. Girl bits. Don’t forget to explain to him to separate the labi@ when poop gets in there and to get the wipe into all the folds and creases.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 1:29 pm
amother [ Begonia ] wrote:
It's not problem. I don't want my children to know what the opposite gender body parts look like.

Ignorance isn't innocence.

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 1:33 pm
amother [ Calendula ] wrote:
Wait. Sorry. Girl bits. Don’t forget to explain to him to separate the labi@ when poop gets in there and to get the wipe into all the folds and creases.

Definitely!

keym

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 1:36 pm
amother [ Begonia ] wrote:
It's not problem. I don't want my children to know what the opposite gender body parts look like.

So you won't allow your teenage daughter to babysit for the neighbors 8 month old? Or baths her 2 year old brother? Or work in a backyard camp, helping 2 and 3 year old boys change into bathing suits?

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 1:36 pm
do you let your preteen and teen boys help little girls toiletting and in the bathroom? bathing? getting dressed? Our frum female pediatrician sent out a letter to her whole practice saying not a good idea based on everything she had seen and heard in her large practice.
Better safe than sorry.
While we wouldn't hide anything no need to get up close and personal; we choose to maintain a boundary. To each her own.

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 1:40 pm
I don’t get this. Why can older girls see boys but not vice versa?

Do you think your 11 year old will want to molest your baby?

You do know there’s plenty of girls who molest others as well and boys can molest boys.

You should look out for any inappropriate behavior between any two siblings, no matter the gender. And don’t let them hang out undressed unsupervised. Regardless of gender.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 1:42 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
do you let your preteen and teen boys help little girls toiletting and in the bathroom? bathing? getting dressed? Our frum female pediatrician sent out a letter to her whole practice saying not a good idea based on everything she had seen and heard in her large practice.
Better safe than sorry.
While we wouldn't hide anything no need to get up close and personal; we choose to maintain a boundary. To each her own.
Yes, yes, yes, yes. Have you never had a little girl be in a backyard camp with boy counselors? I guess not.

I keep repeating myself, but it is extremely sad to keep reading how much 2exualization some of you women are doing when there does not have to be anything of the sort.
PSA: NOT ALL MALES ARE PEDOPHILES!!!!!!!! Most males are good human beings that can (and should) be able to change a female diaper.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 1:49 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Better safe than sorry.

Does your husband help out with your daughters? Was he once a preteen and teen boy? Do you think he would have been a perv then?

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 2:06 pm
I will say that some boys (and girls) do things they shouldn't with siblings, while they're in the curious-and-immature stage. Kids who are put on s*x offender lists hardly ever reoffend as adults--it's a thing. That's why I like LovesHashem's advice about monitoring/supervising.

But the answer to such a fear is not to make this a taboo thing and prevent your children from helping out in the name of 'tznius.'

Last edited by BrisketBoss on Tue, Aug 31 2021, 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Sunflower

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 2:14 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Seriously!!!
You learn when you have to, for the most part.

You really don’t. It’s really hard to learn new habits as an adult. And men who grew up not doing things at home as a teen aren’t usually open to learning as husbands and fathers. See the my husband never touches a diaper thread.

yiddishmom

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 2:25 pm
Omg, what has this world come to??????

I didn't read this thread, but wow! Why even ask such a question.

Really? A brother changing a diaper? Gosh! What do you think? He will become wet from this? "Play" with your daughter.

Lo aleinu how zexualized this entire world has become!!!!

keym

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 2:29 pm
amother [ Sunflower ] wrote:
You really don’t. It’s really hard to learn new habits as an adult. And men who grew up not doing things at home as a teen aren’t usually open to learning as husbands and fathers. See the my husband never touches a diaper thread.

I have 2 brothers in law who were both raised in nice size families, both never changed diapers before they got married.
1, his father and mother changed equally. Children didn't because it wasn't their job unless they were babysitting or something.
2, was raised that only girls change diapers. His father never did.

Guess which one changes now matter of factly and which one balls.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 3:52 pm
yiddishmom wrote:
Omg, what has this world come to??????

I didn't read this thread, but wow! Why even ask such a question.

Really? A brother changing a diaper? Gosh! What do you think? He will become wet from this? "Play" with your daughter.

Lo aleinu how zexualized this entire world has become!!!!

There is nothing wrong with asking a question like this.. it’s just another parenting/child raising question..
It’s something I haven’t done or thought of in the past, so obviously I will ask around and get ideas and advice..
putting ppl down for asking questions is what’s wrong

boysrock

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 3:57 pm
I have mostly boys and they have done it on occasion when I was not around. I see no problem with it! I think it is great training for them as adults

yiddishmom

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 7:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
There is nothing wrong with asking a question like this.. it’s just another parenting/child raising question..
It’s something I haven’t done or thought of in the past, so obviously I will ask around and get ideas and advice..
putting ppl down for asking questions is what’s wrong

Actually, you are 100% right.

I agree with you.

I should not have responded this way.

Kesiva vchasima tova.

amother
Calendula

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 7:09 pm
For all the mothers that say the trust boys and girls equally , let me ask you a simple question. When you go out and need a babysitter - do you usually look for boys to babysit ? If you specifically seek out girls then OH MY you think boys are predators! You can hire a 16 year old girl and have her bathe your 2 year old son, but why not hire a 16 year old boy and have him bathe your 2 year old daughter.. please I want to understand

amother
Steelblue

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 7:14 pm
amother [ Calendula ] wrote:
For all the mothers that say the trust boys and girls equally , let me ask you a simple question. When you go out and need a babysitter - do you usually look for boys to babysit ? If you specifically seek out girls then OH MY you think boys are predators! You can hire a 16 year old girl and have her bathe your 2 year old son, but why not hire a 16 year old boy and have him bathe your 2 year old daughter.. please I want to understand

There aren't too many teenage boys looking to be neighborhood babysitters.

amother
Calendula

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 7:17 pm
amother [ Steelblue ] wrote:
There aren't too many teenage boys looking to be neighborhood babysitters.

That doesn’t answer the question. If you had 2 kids both equally capable and available the night you were going out , one is male and one is female- who would you hire. Knowing you need little kids bathed and changed.
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics