Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Playgroup a few days a week?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 10:00 am
Does something like this exist in Lakewood for a child turning two? This is for next year, but from what I understand you have to sign up really early. I don’t really want to send my baby out but I think it will be good for him to get used to going to playgroup a few days a week to prepare him for nursery the next year. Nothing major, just a few hours a day to spend time with other kids.

amf

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 10:02 am
Following! I'd love to send my kid out for just a couple hours also, or do a round Robin kind of thing, just for the socialization aspect

ETA dc will be 18mo next September

cupcake123

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 10:17 am
I would've loved that too! My baby is also that age. I already signed her up somewhere (full time) but I feel that if someone were to start something like this it would fill up. Especially for the 18 months to 2.5 age.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 10:23 am
Hmm anyone looking to start a business? 😉

amother
Mintcream

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 10:28 am
I considered doing this a while back and realized that it's highly unrealistic.
Parents are not interested in paying $300-$400 a month for only 15 hours a week. They'd want to pay only $200.
So essentially it would mean finding a Morah who is willing to do such a thing for less than$2k a month.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 11:00 am
amother [ Mintcream ] wrote:
Parents are not interested in paying $300-$400 a month for only 15 hours a week. They'd want to pay only $200.
So essentially it would mean finding a Morah who is willing to do such a thing for less than$2k a month.

Hmm I’d pay it. Want to reconsider? 😉

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 11:00 am
amother [ Mintcream ] wrote:

Just call it an artisanal boutique playgroup experience and you’ll have a waiting list.

amf

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 11:10 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hmm I’d pay it. Want to reconsider? 😉

I'd pay it too. Its worth the extra money to me to ensure my baby is in a small group, with shorter hours

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 11:18 am
Btw I’d be happy with twelve hours.

amf

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 11:20 am
OP where are you located? Maybe we can organize something for next year

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 11:22 am
I know of two such playgroups this year. One I saw in the masa umatan in the brookhill area. The other one is in the ridge area.

The problem I have with these are that once my kid gets used to going out they find staying home boring and then I need to be a full time entertainer.

amother
Azalea

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 11:23 am
Why not just send twice a week to a regular group if you don’t mind the regular price.
Or pickup before nap time.

amf

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 11:23 am
Do you have contact info for the one in ridge?

amf

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 11:24 am
amother [ Azalea ] wrote:
Why not just send twice a week to a regular group if you don’t mind the regular price.
Or pickup before nap time.

Because I don't want a ratio of 10 kids to 1 morah, which I was told is the average at that age

amother
Azalea

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 11:32 am
amf wrote:
Because I don't want a ratio of 10 kids to 1 morah, which I was told is the average at that age

How much would you pay for 12 hrs 5 kids to 1 Morah.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 11:46 am
amother [ Whitesmoke ] wrote:
I know of two such playgroups this year. One I saw in the masa umatan in the brookhill area. The other one is in the ridge area.

The problem I have with these are that once my kid gets used to going out they find staying home boring and then I need to be a full time entertainer.

Yikes sooo far from me. I’m not far from west gate.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 11:47 am
amother [ Azalea ] wrote:
How much would you pay for 12 hrs 5 kids to 1 Morah.

I think I’d pay the regular going rate for a full week play group if I can get such a small group with a good Morah.

anonymrs

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 12:11 pm
I'd be interested too. And I'd for sure pay 300 a month for it. I was thinking someone should do like Mon-Thurs from 10-2 or something. I'd send if location made sense for me.

amf

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 12:12 pm
I would love exactly this! Where are you located/what area?

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 12:37 pm
As a Morah, this was always my DREAM! I will take enrollment for next year Smile

Although the "tuition" rate being mentioned here is low and I charge more to keep the ratio lower.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries