Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
OP’s : Where are they now?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 10:18 am
STMommy wrote:
I know this is a lighthearted thread but I honest to G-d still think about the OP from the "chivalry" thread that we all got so emotionally wrapped up in. I hope she is OK.

Add a link?! Or tell us in short what this was ..

4g01o

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 10:35 am
ra_mom wrote:
https://www.imamother.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=420801

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....20575

I think she must've been having a manic episode, sad! But it was nuts and entertaining Smile

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 10:55 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Please post the link of the queen thread

The queen thread reminds me of a man who wanted to marry me (we're both single). He was very interested in me, though I was uninterested in him. He was obsessively interested. I was thinking how to get him off my back. We daven in the same shul. It was clear he was obsessed with me.
So one day I found an opportunity. It was Shvuos and there was a kiddish at shul. He asked me if I make a good cheese cake.
I saw an opportunity and jumped on it:
I told him "I don't make cheesecake. I don't cook. I don't bake. I don't clean the house. I don't do laundry, I don't wash dishes...." With every "I don't do" that came out of my mouth, the light in his eyes got dimmer and dimmer.
I was deflating his fantasy about having a wife who would cook and bake and do all the things to make his life comfortable.
No sir. I'm a queen.

After that I installed tinted windows, just in case he's looking in through my windows he won't see every time I cook, bake, clean, wash dishes etc.

The only exaggerated part here is the tinted windows. That part didn't happen. But the rest of it did.

4g01o

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 10:59 am
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
The queen thread reminds me of a man who wanted to marry me (we're both single). He was very interested in me, though I was uninterested in him. He was obsessively interested. I was thinking how to get him off my back. We daven in the same shul. It was clear he was obsessed with me.
So one day I found an opportunity. It was Shvuos and there was a kiddish at shul. He asked me if I make a good cheese cake.
I saw an opportunity and jumped on it:
I told him "I don't make cheesecake. I don't cook. I don't bake. I don't clean the house. I don't do laundry, I don't wash dishes...." With every "I don't do" that came out of my mouth, the light in his eyes got dimmer and dimmer.
I was deflating his fantasy about having a wife who would cook and bake and do all the things to make his life comfortable.
No sir. I'm a queen.

After that I installed tinted windows, just in case he's looking in through my windows he won't see every time I cook, bake, clean, wash dishes etc.

The only exaggerated part here is the tinted windows. That part didn't happen. But the rest of it did.

Love it!!

seeker

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 9:46 am
As someone who has considered moving at various stages and yet am still in the same place (partly indecision but also for various reasons not the right time. My current community has been very good in many ways, worth the assorted costs in money, space, convenience...) I think EVERY SINGLE OP in the moving/relocating section should give periodic updates. I know it's logistically a hassle but it would be SO helpful after reading pages of questions and answers to know how they did afterward.

Sunny Days

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 11:06 am
amother [ NeonPink ] wrote:
What happened to that boy that was left outside in Switzerland for the day? Did he get past the trauma?

And what about the Covid positive girl in Orlando? How did she come Home?

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 2:41 pm
seeker wrote:
As someone who has considered moving at various stages and yet am still in the same place (partly indecision but also for various reasons not the right time. My current community has been very good in many ways, worth the assorted costs in money, space, convenience...) I think EVERY SINGLE OP in the moving/relocating section should give periodic updates. I know it's logistically a hassle but it would be SO helpful after reading pages of questions and answers to know how they did afterward.

Just went back and updated mine.

amother
Mint

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 3:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This is awkward but I put in IBS in the search bar and clicked on a thread. There’s a user “Yellow” that commented a few times and I kept wondering if what she/he said was normal. And I don’t know why but after reading this thread, I think about it often, did “yellow” pm her and find her ? I’m actually scared... someone tell me I am over thinking. (You need to read all of her/his comments to understand my suspicions!)

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....49588

Eh, it's really benign, and if you've ever suffered from a chronic or "just take meds for the rest of your life" illness then you'd understand the desperation for answers and help.

amother
Sand

Post Sat, Sep 04 2021, 2:40 pm
Fab4 wrote:
I think she must've been having a manic episode, sad! But it was nuts and entertaining Smile

Did anyone realize it was posted Purim time? Was definitely meant to be a joke.

amother
Starflower

Post Sat, Sep 04 2021, 4:01 pm
how about the one with the screaming baby?
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....19836

amother
NeonOrange

Post Sat, Sep 04 2021, 9:54 pm
amother [ Sand ] wrote:
Did anyone realize it was posted Purim time? Was definitely meant to be a joke.

Yes everyone realized. But if it was a joke, no one found the humor in it. It was clear the lady was unwell.

hardworking mom

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 10:19 am
crust wrote:
Thanks for the update. I didn't realize she followed up because back then everyone was amother. There was no one named OP so it was hard to know who is who.

Thanks Yael for the advancement of this site.

(We still don't know which skirt she bought in the end, which store, how much it was and whether her daughter is still using it. So much info missing!!)

That's why some people when they write say "OP here!" So anyone who does that is dating themself

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 10:34 am
Wonder what happened this this OP

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....13167

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 11:00 am
There was a thread a few years ago where the OP wrote that her sister in law would wake up every day around 12pm, and would let her baby cry in the crib from around 7am until 12pm when she got up (because she thought 12pm was a normal time to get up and didn't want to get up earlier).
The OP wanted to know what she could do to help.
I never forgot the thread because it broke my heart, thinking of that baby in the crib for 5 hours until his mother would come get him.

4g01o

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 11:33 am
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
There was a thread a few years ago where the OP wrote that her sister in law would wake up every day around 12pm, and would let her baby cry in the crib from around 7am until 12pm when she got up (because she thought 12pm was a normal time to get up and didn't want to get up earlier).
The OP wanted to know what she could do to help.
I never forgot the thread because it broke my heart, thinking of that baby in the crib for 5 hours until his mother would come get him.

Omg!!! I hope the sil told of her, bc the thought of that really breaks my heart 😢
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics