Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Shevy Elite sheitels?? How ancient? Do you have one? Any SMs

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 11:39 pm
I went to the sheitel macher hoping to buy a sheitel under $2k.

She had almost nothing in stock.
The only thing that was my color and size was a shevy Elite, which she would sell to me for $1800.

She said shevy elites are more than $2k but she would give it to me for that because it's on its third round of marking down
A) because it's shortish (I would cut it, but too short for ppl who want long)
B) because it's layered and nowadays that's not the style (doesn't bother me because shortest layer is any an inch or two above length is cut it too, and I'm not in style )

A few things don't make sense to me. She said sometimes she holds onto older pieces. Why would she? She also told me she sends wigs back after keeping them for a few weeks or two months...(?)

Also, I continue what a shevy elite is. I searched imamother;) and the last post abt them was from 2011. do they still exist?? Is she trying to sell me an 11 yr old sheitel? (That doesn't make sense...)
She said it's just discounted because it's out of style, like a previous season of xlothes.

And final question: ARE SHEVY ELITES A LOWER QUALITY than regular ones? What do they compare to???

I am really confused.
On the one hand, a shevy for $1800 is a steal of a deal
I'm the other hand, what is it??

Is appreciate your thoughts. Thank you so much

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 11:47 pm
I can't remember what mine was called. Bought a very long pretty precut wig at Shevy on sale this summer since they were bringing in a new line. Not a lace front which I didn't want. Paid 2800 instead of 3400

amother
Daylily

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 1:34 am
I got a Shevy Elite when I got married 11 years ago Smile

I think I paid around that price, full price.
And it was considered a really good sheitel then.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 1:45 am
amother [ Daylily ] wrote:
I got a Shevy Elite when I got married 11 years ago Smile

I think I paid around that price, full price.
And it was considered a really good sheitel then.

Same! I got married with a shevy elite. I think it was actually the lower quality wig. I still have mine although I haven't worn it in years.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 4:06 am
I got a Shevy Elite around 12.5 years ago, when I got married. I paid I think $1500, but it was shortish, just past the shoulder, or even just to the shoulder, and in Israel. But it was great hair.

It seems the wig has been sitting around in your sheitel macher's place for a while. Maybe you can bargain her down a bit more?

bwaybabe85

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 5:12 am
I don’t think Shevy makes that line anymore. I got mine in 2009. It’s held up great though and everyone who does wash & sets on it compliments the quality of the hair.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 12:23 am
Thank you so much, ladies. I really appreciate your help.
Not going to buy a sheitel that sounds like it sat there for 10 years Banging head and she’s selling for the price of 10 years ago Can't Believe It
Time to try a new sheitel macher! Confused

amother
Narcissus

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 7:38 am
Good Luck! unfortunately prices really sky rocketed and it may be really hard to find something under 2K

imaima

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 7:53 am
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
Thank you so much, ladies. I really appreciate your help.
Not going to buy a sheitel that sounds like it sat there for 10 years Banging head and she’s selling for the price of 10 years ago Can't Believe It
Time to try a new sheitel macher! Confused

What is the logic? The price of 10 years ago sounds good. It is what you need and of it looks fine and costs like 10 yrs ago, it's a good solution.

amother
Yarrow

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 8:49 am
Hard if you do not trust your sheitel macher. If I liked the sheitel I would get it. Pieces are harder to come by now. Shevy is a good line. Sounds like a good deal and I would think it hashgocha protis had it just been sitting there waiting for me. So long as she didn't mistreat it would not mind how long it had been in stock and would appreciate that it makes her willing to sell for a better price.
My color and size? Yes Id get it.

sweetdimples

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 9:02 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I went to the sheitel macher hoping to buy a sheitel under $2k.

She had almost nothing in stock.
The only thing that was my color and size was a shevy Elite, which she would sell to me for $1800.

She said shevy elites are more than $2k but she would give it to me for that because it's on its third round of marking down
A) because it's shortish (I would cut it, but too short for ppl who want long)
B) because it's layered and nowadays that's not the style (doesn't bother me because shortest layer is any an inch or two above length is cut it too, and I'm not in style )

A few things don't make sense to me. She said sometimes she holds onto older pieces. Why would she? She also told me she sends wigs back after keeping them for a few weeks or two months...(?)

Also, I continue what a shevy elite is. I searched imamother;) and the last post abt them was from 2011. do they still exist?? Is she trying to sell me an 11 yr old sheitel? (That doesn't make sense...)
She said it's just discounted because it's out of style, like a previous season of xlothes.

And final question: ARE SHEVY ELITES A LOWER QUALITY than regular ones? What do they compare to???

I am really confused.
On the one hand, a shevy for $1800 is a steal of a deal
I'm the other hand, what is it??

Is appreciate your thoughts. Thank you so much

if you dont want it, I might..what color?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 10:32 am
Sweet dimples- not tristate area.

So I called the SM and asked if it’s ten years old. She said it’s about 5 years old.
I said I don’t want to pay that much for a 5 year old sheitel from the lower line of shevys.

I asked what makes it lower line.
She said it’s processed.

What does that mean? Is that like what Irene and Sary are?

sweetdimples

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 12:06 pm
I dont know about the processed part but I have a shevy elite that I am currently wearing for years and years.got tons of mileage out of it... ready now for a new one

ces

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 1:27 pm
I also had a Shevy elite a while ago, I used it for years and it was beautiful. I was very happy with it.

amother
Buttercup

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 1:28 pm
Processed! Processed! Processed! That's what I only buy now. Made the mistake of buying virgin hair that was so natural it frizzed just like hair! So then I had to pay extra for processing it

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 2:06 pm
Im a SM. Will try to answer as much as I can

Shevy elite are discontinued. 5 years makes sense, that can be when they were last made

Yes, it was the lower line. MBL was the higher line. Now they make the LUXE.

1,800 is probably what they cost. When the discontinued she probably bought it off them at cost and has been hanging on to it since then thinking they will go up in price and she will have gotten it at an old price.

The biggest disadvantage of a Shevy is that they oxidize.

The word “processed” has come a LONG way in 5 years. The older processed wigs were dyed. Now processed it Chinese hair that’s stripped, permed, bleached and more

Sheitels have gone up a ton in the last few years. 1,800 of 5 years ago is a lot better value than now. Now it’ll buy u an Irene. Irene and Shevy aren’t in the same ballpark.

Sheitels sitting in a bin/bag don’t age

Ur sheitel macher doesn’t sound so dishonest.. (just from what I read)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels