Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
SETTS in nyc for my child, can u help me understand this?
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 11:54 am
seeker, can you clarify one thing?

if a child's p4 form states she can get setts in a group, are you saying that when the agency does the impartial hearing, they are not just asking for enhanced rate but they are also asking for that child to work alone, with no group?

seeker

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 12:10 pm
Personally I am not aware of anyone who has gotten enhanced rate other than for 1:1 services. But I'm not an agency and I only know a limited pool of people personally. If the claim is that a provider could not be found, and a provider could not be found to serve the child as part of a group, then in theory they should be able to get the enhanced rate. But I'm not involved enough on the legal end to know how well that would work. The kids I've done this with first got the IEP saying that they needed 1:1 services because of exceptional needs (which was accurate in each case)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 12:45 pm
seeker wrote:
Personally I am not aware of anyone who has gotten enhanced rate other than for 1:1 services. But I'm not an agency and I only know a limited pool of people personally. If the claim is that a provider could not be found, and a provider could not be found to serve the child as part of a group, then in theory they should be able to get the enhanced rate. But I'm not involved enough on the legal end to know how well that would work. The kids I've done this with first got the IEP saying that they needed 1:1 services because of exceptional needs (which was accurate in each case)

thank you.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics