Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Pull out of playgroup?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 3:08 pm
Sorry for another playgroup thread, but I need advice please. My 2 year old started playgroup this week. Bh he loves it and is so happy to go. But transportation is a disaster and he ends up being picked up early and brought home late. He's out too long and comes home hyper. I can't handle sending him together with my elementary aged kids, it breaks my heart. I don't need him out for so long, I work from home. A small group is opening in my area after yom tov ih, I'm thinking of switching him to that group. It's better hours. Would you pull out a happy child because of transportation issues?

amother
Acacia

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 3:09 pm
if the other one is not working out for whatever the reason and the second option is a good playgroup then yes I would do what works. Otherwise I would try to find some solution to the transportation issue.
good luck

watergirl

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 3:12 pm
Did you sign a contract with this playgroup?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 3:14 pm
amother [ Acacia ] wrote:
if the other one is not working out for whatever the reason and the second option is a good playgroup then yes I would do what works. Otherwise I would try to find some solution to the transportation issue.
good luck

There's no solution. They one that's running the playgroup said they're not switching the route.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 3:15 pm
watergirl wrote:
Did you sign a contract with this playgroup?

I signed contract but she said that I can pull out because of the transportation issues.

watergirl

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 3:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I signed contract but she said that I can pull out because of the transportation issues.

Then yes I would do it.

Just keep in mind, new beginnings and transitions are always a new challenge. There is a very good chance your child will also not be himself for the first bit. Do you know about this other playgroup? Are you sure your child will be happy there?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 3:25 pm
watergirl wrote:
Then yes I would do it.

Just keep in mind, new beginnings and transitions are always a new challenge. There is a very good chance your child will also not be himself for the first bit. Do you know about this other playgroup? Are you sure your child will be happy there?

Bh my child is happy there but he's out very early and for to long for a 2 year old. Playgroup is 5 hours and he's out 7 hours because of the transportation issues. He comes home hyper and can't calm down, he's over stimulated and act wild and crazy.
I hope my child will be happy in the other group. He does well with strangers and change bh. The other group is down my block, so no transportation issues, and has better hours.

4g01o

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 3:48 pm
Definitely change him. It isn't fair for him to be out for so long. Plus the playgroup morah sounds like she'll be happy for you to take him out bc the extra 2 hours are probably too much for her too!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 3:56 pm
Fab4 wrote:
Definitely change him. It isn't fair for him to be out for so long. Plus the playgroup morah sounds like she'll be happy for you to take him out bc the extra 2 hours are probably too much for her too!

She's not the morah. She owns the playgroup and she takes car of the transportation & makes the routes. She's not involved with the kids. The extra 2 hours isn't all kids, just the kids on certain routes.

heidi

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 4:02 pm
OP, going back to playgroup after sukkot will take readjusting anyway.
Better for him to be in a place that's better for him.

amother
Foxglove

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 4:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
There's no solution. They one that's running the playgroup said they're not switching the route.

Can you drive him instead?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 4:12 pm
heidi wrote:
OP, going back to playgroup after sukkot will take readjusting anyway.
Better for him to be in a place that's better for him.

This is what I'm thinking. It won't be such a hard adjustment to start a new place after yom tov.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 4:12 pm
amother [ Foxglove ] wrote:
Can you drive him instead?

I don't drive.

amother
Acacia

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 5:22 pm
Sounds like you have your solution
Yes Iā€™d make the switch
Hatzlocha

octopus

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 5:26 pm
I'm the queen of pulling out of playgroup if it's just not working out. I read your other post on this topic. Yes, it's absolutely pull-out worthy. Sometimes things just don't work out, and you know your child best.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 5:34 pm
7 hours is way too long for a 2-year-old. I didn't send my dd to my alma mater--which I loved--because the trip was too long. And this was HS!

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 7:05 pm
Yes you should. There are always people (like me this year) who want to put their kids in playgroup late and are happy for a slot to open up šŸ™‚

amother
NeonOrange

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 7:35 pm
I know lots of people looking for two year old morahs. I wish you could let us know where these slots are available.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 9:04 am
amother [ NeonOrange ] wrote:
I know lots of people looking for two year old morahs. I wish you could let us know where these slots are available.

I live in Monsey. Non of the groups in my area have slots, but this teacher will be moving to the area after sukkos and is starting the group then.
I hope I made the right decision and that it will work out ih.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 9:06 am
octopus wrote:
I'm the queen of pulling out of playgroup if it's just not working out. I read your other post on this topic. Yes, it's absolutely pull-out worthy. Sometimes things just don't work out, and you know your child best.

I think you're mixing me up with a different poster, I didn't post about playgroup before.
My child loves playgroup now, hope he'll like the new place.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics