Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
S/O-Do you have/wear an Apple Watch?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 12:13 am
The other watch thread got me thinking-do you wear an Apple Watch? I have one and love it but I don’t see too many frum women wearing them (and most people I know have smartphones-usually iPhones).

amother
NeonYellow

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 12:18 am
I have one, but it broke. Waiting for the 7 to come out and I'll get a new one. (prob coming in September)

amother
Tulip

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 12:20 am
Just bought one. Love it so far!

Amarante

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 1:24 am
I would love to need one but I don’t wear any watches because they are uncomfortable when I am working at a desk and I am always near a clock. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

If only I could find a good reason and justify it 😂😂😂

DrMom

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 1:49 am
I don't, but the fact that other women in your community don't wear a certain type of watch should not stop you from wearing it.

mandr

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 2:01 am
I am wearing one since 2015 (on my second now). It’s the best thing ever! I love being able to answer my phone calls when it’s in a different room. Don’t have to run around the house holding my phone wherever I go. I love how it tracks heart rate and steps walked like a pedometer. I enjoy using Siri on it to set timers etc

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 5:59 am
Amarante wrote:
I would love to need one but I don’t wear any watches because they are uncomfortable when I am working at a desk and I am always near a clock. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

If only I could find a good reason and justify it 😂😂😂

Well you can justify it because it does MANY other things besides serve as a clock 😉

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 6:00 am
amother [ NeonYellow ] wrote:
I have one, but it broke. Waiting for the 7 to come out and I'll get a new one. (prob coming in September)

Oh no! How long did you have it for before it broke and what happened?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 6:01 am
DrMom wrote:
I don't, but the fact that other women in your community don't wear a certain type of watch should not stop you from wearing it.

Lol I don’t let it stop me from wearing it I was just curious to know how common it is and why it seems to be not so common.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 6:04 am
mandr wrote:
I am wearing one since 2015 (on my second now). It’s the best thing ever! I love being able to answer my phone calls when it’s in a different room. Don’t have to run around the house holding my phone wherever I go. I love how it tracks heart rate and steps walked like a pedometer. I enjoy using Siri on it to set timers etc

Isn’t it awesome?? I love the phone call feature as well as text and WhatsApp (I installed whatchat for that). Definitely timers and Siri and this sounds silly but I love that I can tap on my watch to fast forward through ads on my podcasts (listen everyday on my commute to/from work). Also love being able to look at my wrist and see what the weather is (I set it as part of my watch face so I don’t need to press anything to see it.)

Oh and if you use Apple Maps while driving it taps/vibrates when you need to turn or exit the highway.

Oh and best feature of all is pressing the button to find your phone!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 6:06 am
For those of you who have one do you have a screen protector and case on it? (I do because I’m scared of breaking/scratching it but sometimes I wish I could take off the screen protector part.) Also any favorite apps you installed? I love the watch chat app which is for WhatsApp. Best $2 or whatever it was I spent.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 6:09 am
No interest in having an electronic device on me all the time. I don’t want to be that accessible to messages and the internet.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 6:12 am
LovesHashem wrote:
No interest in having an electronic device on me all the time. I don’t want to be that accessible to messages and the internet.

But you do have a smart phone?

watergirl

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 6:23 am
I have one and its actually pretty common where I live.

watergirl

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 6:34 am
LovesHashem wrote:

I got mine because my friends told me it actually does the opposite - it frees me from my phone and all of the distractions. It does not have an internet browser but you can look at emails and texts. Whatsapp is a weird situation on apple watch; you can read and reply but cant start a message and no voice notes or pictures come through. Any muted chats don’t come through, so only a few whatsapps come through for me (I have all groups muted). It’s meant for quick interactions. With my phone, when I get a text, it’s already in my hand so I find that I am checking all the other things when really I was just going to reply to a text. Its hard to explain what I mean with that. With my watch, I feel so free for example at a shiur when my son is home alone, if he needs me he will text (not whatsapp) and I will feel the vibration and look at my wrist. No phone in my hand, it’s in my purse. With just a phone in the same scenario, I found myself holding the phone so I would know when he sent a text…. And then found myself glancing at the phone throughout the shiur, tapping facebook, etc. it was super distracting. Thats not an issue with my watch and it gives me great peace of mind.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 6:35 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
But you do have a smart phone?

Currently yes for work - but I dream of going back for a dumb phone. I turn my phone on silent a lot and try to keep it in another room when I'm home.

I only got it a few months ago when I started this job....

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 6:37 am
watergirl wrote:
I got mine because my friends told me it actually does the opposite - it frees me from my phone and all of the distractions. It does not have an internet browser but you can look at emails and texts. Whatsapp is a weird situation on apple watch; you can read and reply but cant start a message and no voice notes or pictures come through. Any muted chats don’t come through, so only a few whatsapps come through for me (I have all groups muted). It’s meant for quick interactions. With my phone, when I get a text, it’s already in my hand so I find that I am checking all the other things when really I was just going to reply to a text. Its hard to explain what I mean with that. With my watch, I feel so free for example at a shiur when my son is home alone, if he needs me he will text (not whatsapp) and I will feel the vibration and look at my wrist. No phone in my hand, it’s in my purse. With just a phone in the same scenario, I found myself holding the phone so I would know when he sent a text…. And then found myself glancing at the phone throughout the shiur, tapping facebook, etc. it was super distracting. Thats not an issue with my watch and it gives me great peace of mind.

At a shuir or when I'm out I tend to turn of my data and wifi so I'm only reachable by text/call. My husband knows this, and so do other people who would need to reach me.

Also - I'm an android/windows user. DH's family though all loves Apple. And quite a few of them have an apple watch.

Last edited by LovesHashem on Thu, Sep 02 2021, 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Chickensoupprof

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 6:38 am
No, also don't need that as a status, same thing that I don't want to wear a Rolex. Rolexes are for maffia like criminals and shady businessmen.

Teomima

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 6:41 am
Don't have one, don't plan on getting one. I don't like wearing watches and I don't have that kind of disposable income and I don't see the need. My phone is sufficient.

watergirl

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 6:51 am
LovesHashem wrote:
At a shuir or when I'm out I tend to turn of my data and wifi so I'm only reachable by text/call. My husband knows this, and so do other people who would need to reach me.

Also - I'm an android/windows user. DH's family though all loves Apple. And quite a few of them have an apple watch.

I hear you, I was explaining the appeal for me. You do it works for you! Another thing about my watch is that I find myself checking my phone less when I am home. And leave it on the counter and know that if somebody needs to reach me and I’ll find it on my watch. Before, I gave into a lot of compulsion to scroll through my phone just because it was near me. Now I leave my phone on the counter. That’s just me and it works for me and I’m not saying that should work for anybody else.

Teomima wrote:
Don't have one, don't plan on getting one. I don't like wearing watches and I don't have that kind of disposable income and I don't see the need. My phone is sufficient.

Just as an aside, my watch was $220 and I just had a big milestone birthday and two family members got it for me as a gift. Win/win!

Last edited by watergirl on Thu, Sep 02 2021, 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics