Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Embarrassing kitchen q
1  2  Next

simcha2

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 8:15 am
Can somebody (anyone, please), please explain how to empty a food processor?

Every time I use the food processor I make a, huge mess getting the processed food where it is supposed to go. The problem is especially pronounced when I'm using the blade on the bottom.

I have tried spooning out, but the spoon gets caught on the blade.

Pouring. Messy because no lip and then the blade falls.

Taking the blade out first. Messy, stuff falls out the whole in the middle of the bowl.

Every time I use the food processor a significant percentage ends up on the counter.

I know I'm doing it wrong, but I can't work out how to do it right.

Please, please help me!

honeymoon

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 8:19 am
If its a thick mixture wear gloves and empty it with your hands into a large bowl. For more watery consistency just make sure to use a bowl that's wider than the processor bowl.

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 8:21 am
You may be overfilling the bowl. Try making whatever it is in increments, then removing the blade and emptying it like that. You shouldn't have the issue if the content is not above the middle piece. Good luck op!

Miri1

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 8:22 am
Yes, it's a bit messy.
Just carefully remove the blade, and then pour into a large bowl, or as poster above said, tilt over a bowl and scoop out with your hands.

simcha2

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 8:23 am
ShishKabob wrote:
You may be overfilling the bowl. Try making whatever it is in increments, then removing the blade and emptying it like that. You shouldn't have the issue if the content is not above the middle piece. Good luck op!

Interesting.

Maybe I need a bigger capacity because most recipe definitely go above the middle and aren't the kind of thing to do in batches.

What size processor do people have?

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 8:25 am
I have the regular Braun food processor that they sell for about $150.00

honeymoon

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 8:26 am
simcha2 wrote:
Interesting.

Maybe I need a bigger capacity because most recipe definitely go above the middle and aren't the kind of thing to do in batches.

Do you have the Braun? I think that only comes in one size.

simcha2

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 8:26 am
honeymoon wrote:
Do you have the Braun? I think that only comes in one size.

I have Cuisinart.

We don't buy Braun because Shoah.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 8:27 am
Open the food processor container.

Always remove the blade first (tapping against the sides to add back into the container any precious residual batter).

Then place your baking pan into the sink. Hold the food processor container over the pan, and use a soft spatula to scrape out the batter.

simcha2

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 8:33 am
Thank you everyone.

I'm going to try the methods above (bigger bowl, remove blade first etc) and if I'm still losing a significant percentage of food, I'll try a bigger machine!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 8:35 am
If messy stuff is falling out of the hole in the middle of the bowl:

1. It sounds like you're processing more at a time than your processor can handle

2. It should be no big deal to quickly rinse and fill the container/hole with water so that it's not hard to wash and clean.

3. There's a third possibility of an issue with the hole in the bowl. What sort of food processor model to you have?

lucky14

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 8:44 am
simcha2 wrote:
Interesting.

I usually have to do it in batches and I have a standard size processor.
I take the blade out first but I do it carefully and tilt it after I pull it out so whatever is on it will drip back into the processor cup/bowl or whatever you call it.

simcha2

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 8:48 am
ra_mom wrote:
If messy stuff is falling out of the hole in the middle of the bowl:

1. It sounds like you're processing more at a time than your processor can handle

2. It should be no big deal to quickly rinse and fill the container/hole with water so that it's not hard to wash and clean.

3. There's a third possibility of an issue with the hole in the bowl. What sort of food processor model to you have?

I have this model

https://www.williams-sonoma.co.....ssor/

I think I'm overfilling.

I don't mind cleaning the hole (it goes in the dishwasher! ). I do mind making such a mess on my counters and losing part of the recipe.

Shmoozinator

Post Wed, Mar 23 2022, 10:36 pm
I don't know the model, but I have a Ninja, and when you take the blade out there's no open hole in the bottom. I usually carefully take the blade or stuck out and then pour into a bowl using my hand.

Colorpop

Post Thu, Mar 24 2022, 3:17 am
If none of the above advice works, you can place a piece of parchment paper on the counter to catch everything that falls, and add that back into the recipe.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Thu, Mar 24 2022, 3:31 am
I empty the top half with a spoon/pour/hands, then take out blade and then do the bottom half with the spoon/pour/hands

amother
Papayawhip

Post Thu, Mar 24 2022, 3:57 am
Some food processors have a hole in the middle where the blade goes and others just have a stick. Sounds like the hole is what is causing your issues. Filling over the top of it will definitely be messy especially if it's a liquidy consistency. I've had where it leaked down the middle too when processing. My chometz one doesn't have a he.abd pesach one does so every year o get reminded the hard way

JenniferK

Post Thu, Mar 24 2022, 4:31 am
simcha2 wrote:
I have Cuisinart.

We don't buy Braun because Shoah.

What does shoah mean?

kenz

Post Thu, Mar 24 2022, 4:41 am
I have a Cuisinart and don’t have this issue at all. Are you making very liquidy things? Then use a finger to keep the blade on while you pour your mixture into a bowl. Otherwise you shouldn’t be having such a hard time. Have you tried reading the Instruction manual for tips?

myname1

Post Thu, Mar 24 2022, 4:49 am
JenniferK wrote:
What does shoah mean?

Holocaust. I'm thinking Braun is German? Or somehow connected to the Nazis.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen