Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Which iPhone?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 10:56 am
My good ol’ iPhone 7 is seeing its last days.
I want to buy a (second hand) phone that will last me at least two years. What’s the ‘minimum’ of what I can get that will last that long? Meaning what’s the oldest iPhone I can go with? (Doesn’t mean I’ll get the oldest but I don’t have a big budget)

amother
Jasmine

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 1:57 pm
If your budget will allow I recommend the new iPhone SE with 128 GB of memory. Assuming the phone isn’t damaged it should last 3-4 years. My last SE I had for 4 years with only a battery replacement at 2 years. I have the 2nd gen now for a year and I really like it. The 128 model costs 449.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 2:12 pm
amother [ Jasmine ] wrote:
If your budget will allow I recommend the new iPhone SE with 128 GB of memory. Assuming the phone isn’t damaged it should last 3-4 years. My last SE I had for 4 years with only a battery replacement at 2 years. I have the 2nd gen now for a year and I really like it. The 128 model costs 449.

I want second hand because it’s cheaper and I’ve had my phones shatter a couple of times. What about the 64gb? Only one I can find. What would be the main difference? I don’t Oy for iCloud and I upload my pics to Google photos

Amarante

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 3:15 pm
Invest in a case if IPHONE if you are dropping your phone so frequently that it is shattering. Much less expensive than a new phone or a new screen

Unless you need a new IPhone immediately you are best off waiting because the iPhone 13 will be released next month which means the market will be flooded with older iPhones and prices will be lower. Even the orice of a new iPhone will be less because the stores will want to clear their inventory.

If I were on a tight budget, I would get the least expensive new iPhone because it would last the longest in the long run. And I would buy a case that protected the phone and the screen if I dropped it. I have the iPhoneX which I bought in 2017 and because I have a good case, it is still as good as new. I don’t need to replace it and will wait until it no longer provides me with an adequate experience but at this point Apple is still supporting it so that I can update the iOS when available.

Storage capacity might not be that important to you. I did get the largest capacity storage because the cost differential wasn’t that much 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️ I use iCloud for excess storage.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 3:58 pm
I do have a great case, that’s why this phone isn’t shattered. It’s just not that great and loses service frequently (verizon) and can’t always connect to internet

Amarante

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 4:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I do have a great case, that’s why this phone isn’t shattered. It’s just not that great and loses service frequently (verizon) and can’t always connect to internet

You stated that you wanted used because you had shattered several phones. 🤷🏼‍♀️

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 4:28 pm
Amarante wrote:
You stated that you wanted used because you had shattered several phones. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Right. My point was more that I don’t want the cost and then responsibility of having a brand new phone (esp with little kiddos running around)

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 4:50 pm
what about an XR?

amother
Banana

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 4:51 pm
Try to do a trade in with your phone company.
I just got a $600 credit from Verizon for my iPhone 7.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics