Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
DH wants a Tesla, I prefer a Sienna.
1  2  Next

Emunah13

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 12:09 pm

He grew up pampered, I grew up on tight budget , after a few good years & few broke years , DH really made it financially . I hate being flashy, he wants his comfort, self driving tech, you name it.

He claims self-drive tech is safer, & he can focus on his business or look at me, instead of seeing provocative people & billboards on the road.

Last edited by Emunah13 on Fri, Sep 03 2021, 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

groovy1224

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 12:27 pm
LOL I've never heard a man use shmiras einayim as an excuse to buy a tesla. 10 points for creativity.

On a more serious note, those are 2 pretty different cars. I wouldn't think someone who's considering a sienna would also consider a tesla. They're completely different classes of vehicles. Do you have kids? What kind of driving do you do?

Sounds like you guys need to sit down and compare both your needs/wants and figure out what makes the most sense for you. It's pretty common for one spouse to be the more practical one, and the other to crave more luxuries. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but you need to be realistic about what you need and what you can afford and go from there.

justmarried:)

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 1:26 pm
He can drive a Tesla and you can drive a sienna

sky

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 2:05 pm
Doesn’t a sienna cost more then a Tesla?
Do you need a minivan now?

Emunah13

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 2:23 pm
groovy1224 wrote:
LOL I've never heard a man use shmiras einayim as an excuse to buy a tesla. 10 points for creativity.

On a more serious note, those are 2 pretty different cars. I wouldn't think someone who's considering a sienna would also consider a tesla. They're completely different classes of vehicles. Do you have kids? What kind of driving do you do?

Sounds like you guys need to sit down and compare both your needs/wants and figure out what makes the most sense for you. It's pretty common for one spouse to be the more practical one, and the other to crave more luxuries. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but you need to be realistic about what you need and what you can afford and go from there.

DH is super creative.

We need a 6 passenger, he loves model x, it is his dream toy, he realistic about affordability, I just hate the spotlight.

Emunah13

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 2:24 pm
sky wrote:

Model X costs more, wee need a 6 seater

Emunah13

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 2:24 pm
justmarried:) wrote:
He can drive a Tesla and you can drive a sienna

I hate driving anyway.

youngishbear

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 2:51 pm
As someone who hates flashy luxury but really loves gadgets and/or things that add comfort/convenience, I get both of you.

How hard will it be for you to handle the extra attention this will attract?
How deprived will he feel if he ends up with a boring car that everyone else has?

mushkale

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 2:54 pm
Emunah13 wrote:
Model X costs more, wee need a 6 seater

The Y can be a seven seater and it's not as flashy as the X. That's what we got because I also thought the X was too much

OBnursemom

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 4:40 pm
My boss has a Tesla X. She said the 7 seater is not good for older/bigger kids in the back row. She also said the Tesla is steel, causes a ton of damage if you crash (due to weight) and there are a lot of accidents caused by the auto drive feature. We were discussing this because my odyssey got side swiped by a truck and it’s totaled. My husband wants a Tesla because our oldest is in seminary. And I’m mad because the odyssey was ‘my’ car.

BokerTov

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 5:48 pm
Emunah13 wrote:

He grew up pampered, I grew up on tight budget , after a few good years & few broke years , DH really made it financially . I hate being flashy, he wants his comfort, self driving tech, you name it.

He claims self-drive tech is safer, & he can focus on his business or look at me, instead of seeing provocative people & billboards on the road.

Maybe she can help you come to an agreement where you’ll both be happy. Perhaps a self drive sienna? Wink

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....42052

chili-n-cholent

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 5:59 pm
BokerTov wrote:
Maybe she can help you come to an agreement where you’ll both be happy. Perhaps a self drive sienna? Wink

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....42052

Great comeback!

HonesttoGod

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 6:36 pm
If you have kids and need 6 seats teh model X won’t do it. With all the seats open there is literally no space inside. No leg room in the back rows and barely any space for a bag/stroller. The sienna is way better for a family car.

Girl@Heart

Post Fri, Sep 03 2021, 6:47 pm
If this is your car and he has a his own car than it’s his choice.

My husband wanted me to get a white minivan cuz he thought it was so gangster. I hated it so I said no. And chose the color I want.

emma07

Post Sat, Sep 04 2021, 7:40 am
sky wrote:

Lol no…

twizzlers1

Post Sat, Sep 04 2021, 1:39 pm
Well it sounds like money is not your issue so I don't understand why you can't get get two cars. Get the one you like and the one he likes and then everyone's happy.

Bruria

Post Sat, Sep 04 2021, 8:14 pm
Tesla is way cooler than a Sienna, let him get it.

Cheiny

Post Sat, Sep 04 2021, 10:27 pm
Emunah13 wrote:
DH is super creative.

We need a 6 passenger, he loves model x, it is his dream toy, he realistic about affordability, I just hate the spotlight.

Yeah it’s pretty showy to drive a Tesla.

Emunah13

Post Sat, Sep 04 2021, 10:49 pm
mushkale wrote:
The Y can be a seven seater and it's not as flashy as the X. That's what we got because I also thought the X was too much

DH says used X is more value for $ & more space than new Y

Emunah13

Post Sat, Sep 04 2021, 10:52 pm
twizzlers1 wrote:
Well it sounds like money is not your issue so I don't understand why you can't get get two cars. Get the one you like and the one he likes and then everyone's happy.

We have no need for 2 cars, I just hate the flashy look , but he wants his comforts . He really struggled for a long time deep in debt to build a new business, when all our rich relatives were discouraging him.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars