Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Is 2B Mindset compatible w/ Intuitive Eating?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 12:28 am
I've been practicing IE for about 2 years now. Binging basically never happens anymore, I eat normal portions and don't feel obsessive around foods. However, I'm still eating mostly quick and easy, often processed foods, and not a lot of veggies. I know from the past when I've done things like Whole30 that I really feel best when I'm eating lots of veggies.

I read the 2B Mindset book this Shabbos (You Can Drop It). It's definitely about weight loss (which honestly I haven't stopped wanting. I'm 220lbs, even losing 40lbs would make such a difference for me). But they don't tell you to cut out any foods or count calories or anything like that. You're supposed to drink water first, eat mostly veggies with some fiber filled carbs and protein, and then if you still want something else go for it. There is a weighing yourself daily part but I think I'd skip that. What do you guys think? (Please only answer if you have a good understanding of IE OR if you've successfully done 2B Mindset very long term.)

amother
Begonia

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 6:57 am
Been doing IE for four years now.

I don’t know much about this other program, but because of IE I’ve been able to mostly drop dairy (I’m lactose intolerant) and other foods I don’t tolerate well.

I’m not an expert but maybe this is the same in some ways? As long as it’s super flexible and not a diet - just “this is how my body feels best” type of thing? Don’t know. Interesting!

Why not ask an IE nutritionist (Dena Cohen of Lakewood) or coach (Rena Reiser in Israel) what they think?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise