Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
I want to walk out on everyone

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 05 2021, 11:53 pm
I cant take another minute of this. I can't spend two days with them all. I want to drop my kids off somewhere and never pick them up. I can't even get a babysitter because they're all so impossible. My husband is a huge baby and he's the worst of them all to deal with.

amother
Bone

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 12:17 am
Sunday’s are hard.
This time of year is hard.
Especially this year.
Take deep breaths. One thing at a time. Every time you want to snap and you hold yourself back is a gigantic success.
You can do this.

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 12:20 am
Op I totally get you.
I feel like that one time too many.
But I know that the day needs to end and tomorrow will be better.

Short term solution:
Long “bathroom break” for mommy in the midst of the chaos.
A short getaway if possible

Long term solution:
Birth control for a long time. Sounds cliche but it’s the only thing that got me my life back.

amother
Daffodil

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 12:41 am
I'm so so sorry !! It sounds like your burnt out and need a BREAK!
You must feel so alone..... I've been there too, I remember saying on more than one occasion that I wanna sell my kids Sad

Do you have any family members or friends that can take one of your kids for yomtov? You can say you're not feeling good or something. Maybe try finding a place for all (or most) of your kids and have a quiet ymtv

amother
Pansy

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 12:49 am
I'm sorry, OP! That mental place is really really rough.

You're probably also mired in a million conflicting feelings — guilt for feeling this way, pressure to "do" something so you can "change" them, annoyance and frustration and anger and disappointment. It's a pretty miserable soup to be sitting in all Rosh Hashana!

You probably can't do anything major right now, and the fact you posted this means you are going to cry and complain, but will still show up tomorrow for your family. Which makes you a hero. Really.

The only things I can offer you are:

1) Find yourself a Rosh Hashana treat. Chocolate, ice cream, cheesecake, a magazine, a new book — any or all — and designate a time to lock yourself in your room to enjoy. Do not come out for anything short of actual bloodshed!

2) It's the start of a new year. A new energy is coming into the world. Make some time to daven, really daven that Hashem turn things around this year. Tell Hashem that you are doing this, every day, and that you have proven your loyalty. Ask Hashem to make it easier now. To show you the eitzos you need to make positive changes, to give you the strength to make those changes happen, to give each of the relevant parties the inspiration to become better.

I wish I could share with you some food, a hug, and some babysitting hours (I'm not scared of your kids)! But I don't live near you, so my long-distance bracha will have to suffice: Wishing you a Shana Tova Umesuka, a year that is visibly and tangibly good, and a year that is sweet and pleasant in every way.

tree of life

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 5:37 am
Please speak to your rebbitzion say exactly what you posted maybe she knows of Sem girls to come take one kid out wishing you hatzlacha I remember those days bh my kids are grown up
I have 7 ADHD kids
Judy had a thought maybe expensive but if u have one difficult kid get him/her a personal babysitter and get another babysitter for your other kids

amother
Lily

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 6:40 am
Can I come with you?
Hope things will get better for you (and me) soon.
Shana Tova

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 8:43 am
I've done this before (left my house with kids in it, just went outside alone for a few minutes). Always regretted it (scared the kids) even though no accidents occured.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 8:52 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
I've done this before (left my house with kids in it, just went outside alone for a few minutes). Always regretted it (scared the kids) even though no accidents occured.

You have every right to go take a breather but please make sure you leave someone in charge. Do you have a child enough? A neighbor?

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Sep 06 2021, 9:55 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:

Hope you didn’t tape your kids to the chairs and left a flame on. Sad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics