Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Brooklyn Boy's mesivta

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 08 2021, 11:50 pm
I'm looking for info about the following mesivtas:

Kaminetz
Torah Temima
Torah vdaas

Also, do chaim Berlin boys mostly continue to their mesivta, or are there some that go to other places?
Thanks

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 7:39 am
What do you want to know about them? Ds is in YTV, and we're very happy.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 1:39 pm
Do these schools mostly have their own elementary students, or it's common to have boys from other elementary schools?
We're looking for a school that is warm and loving to their students, has excellent limudei kodesh and chol departments. A school that has boys from solid ,yeshivish open-minded homes.
A school that has extracurricular activities.
A school that brings out the best in each boy.

Which of these schools would be a good fit?

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 5:03 pm
I believe about 70/75% of chaim berlin 8th graders continue onto the high school
I could be wrong but this is what I heard when my 2 high school sons were in 8th grade

amother
Starflower

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 5:12 pm
I heard nice things about torah temima. I think you'll end up there from what you say.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 6:23 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
I believe about 70/75% of chaim berlin 8th graders continue onto the high school
I could be wrong but this is what I heard when my 2 high school sons were in 8th grade

Thanks! Do you know which yeshivas the other boys go to?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 6:25 pm
amother [ Starflower ] wrote:
I heard nice things about torah temima. I think you'll end up there from what you say.

My son actually mentioned Torah Temima as a top choice for him, but I don't know much about it.
Does it check off all my above requirements?

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 6:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks! Do you know which yeshivas the other boys go to?

no, sorry. I don't know if there's a one set place. from one son, I know one kid went to mir and another went to rabbi wallerstein's yeshiva.

I guess you have an 8th grader at chaim berlin?

amother
Stoneblue

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 6:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do these schools mostly have their own elementary students, or it's common to have boys from other elementary schools?
We're looking for a school that is warm and loving to their students, has excellent limudei kodesh and chol departments. A school that has boys from solid ,yeshivish open-minded homes.
A school that has extracurricular activities.
A school that brings out the best in each boy.

Which of these schools would be a good fit?

Yeshiva Torah Vodaas

cuties' mom

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 7:09 pm
YTV has from other schools. Ds is in a class with kids from 4 different boroughs. Limudei kodesh and chol are both strong. As far as extracurricular, there are lots of optional learning programs- before school, after school, Sunday, etc. They don't have any other organized ongoing extracurricular.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 7:27 pm
cuties' mom wrote:
YTV has from other schools. Ds is in a class with kids from 4 different boroughs. Limudei kodesh and chol are both strong. As far as extracurricular, there are lots of optional learning programs- before school, after school, Sunday, etc. They don't have any other organized ongoing extracurricular.

There are basketball games all the time.
There is a gameroom for recess with knock hockey and foosball.

amother
Brickred

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 8:00 pm
I have had friends who send to kaminetz. They are all very solid nice Flatbush families. From what I hear, it's extremely warm and most boys do not come from their elementary school. Afaik, the academics are great and they always have extra learning Sedorim. I know they have a basketball court and a game room, but I really don't know much more.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries