Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Ponytail - low end

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 5:21 pm
Any comments on the Milano ponytail sheitel?
Any other recommendations in a similar price range?
Any non -lace front options?

Thanks for your help!

nicole81

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 6:16 pm
I purchased 2 milano ponies in the past year when I was experimenting with some different colors. I only wear one up, but I'm very happy with them both. I ordered off their website and BH it worked out perfectly. They're lace front though; Milano adds the lace to all their ponies by default.

I would only recommend ordering during a sale, which they do a few of throughout the year.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 6:30 pm
nicole81 wrote:
I purchased 2 milano ponies in the past year when I was experimenting with some different colors. I only wear one up, but I'm very happy with them both. I ordered off their website and BH it worked out perfectly. They're lace front though; Milano adds the lace to all their ponies by default.

I would only recommend ordering during a sale, which they do a few of throughout the year.

Thanks! I appreciate hearing your experience.

I have alot of questions about Milano, and ordering online in general, I understand that you won't be able to help me with all of this, maybe other people who have experience with Milano can chime in as well.
Are they comfortable?
Do you know the life span?
How does ordering online work re: getting sizing and color right?
I see they have multiple choice of caps (ie.clips & combs, freedom cap etc.) - what do you have experience with?
Do they return/ exchange if it doesn't work?
Why do you only recommend buying on sale?
(Is there a reason other than a cheaper price? Does buying on sale effect return policy?)

nicole81

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 7:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks! I appreciate hearing your experience.

I have alot of questions about Milano, and ordering online in general, I understand that you won't be able to help me with all of this, maybe other people who have experience with Milano can chime in as well.
Are they comfortable?
Do you know the life span?
How does ordering online work re: getting sizing and color right?
I see they have multiple choice of caps (ie.clips & combs, freedom cap etc.) - what do you have experience with?
Do they return/ exchange if it doesn't work?
Why do you only recommend buying on sale?
(Is there a reason other than a cheaper price? Does buying on sale effect return policy?)

I actually have a third pony from them that's older, so as far as life span, so far 2 years and it's still looking good. But, I didn't wear wigs much during the pandemic. So far I've been washing and setting them myself.

I find them to be comfortable. I have a freedom cap (that's my older one) and the others I use with the clips/combs plus velvet band. The freedom cap is the most comfortable one, but I learned the hard way that it can't be worn up nicely because it doesn't attach to the nape of your neck tightly as a comb would.

I'm pretty sure there's a time period for exchanges if the wig doesn't work, but not with custom color jobs. Not sure about cap resizing, either.

They have a chart somewhere on their site with the measurements for the different sized caps. I went with an XS based on the chart and it fits perfectly. Re color, it's a gamble. When I was experimenting the first time, I chatted with someone online and showed them a couple of pictures and the stylist recommended the base color and type of color job I'd need to get a similar look. She was spot on, but really I had no idea if it would work for me until I tried it on when it arrived.

If you live within driving distance of one of their stores, that's probably your best best to figure out a color match. I'm blonde though, and when I've been to their store, they have maybe 2 or 3 wigs to try on in my color range.

I don't think the sale affects the return policy, but I'm not 100% sure. I'd just make sure to read everything carefully on their website. And yes, I recommend the sale bc of the price, especially if you're taking a chance purchasing online.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 10:51 am
Bumping again. I'd love to hear about more people's experiences, or what brands to look into.
Also, wondering about Milano - what sales to look out for/ when?

Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels