Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
The How-to's of Packing a Shul Peckel
Previous  1  2  3

sub

Post Sat, Sep 11 2021, 9:08 pm
An extra peckel or 2 for the kid next to you- whose mom didn’t bring one. ( not judging- she prepared it but in her haste it was left in the kitchen counter)
For those who stay a while- books and books and more books.

shanie5

Post Sat, Sep 11 2021, 10:38 pm
I'd like to add that shofar blowing may take only 15 minutes or so, but most people try to get to shul a few minutes early just in case. And just because shofar blowing is called for a certain time (or not before a certain time), it can be later than that too. Shul starts late for one reason or another. The tefilos took longer than planned. So the kids are now hanging around waiting longer than 15 minutes plus walking time to and from shul. Nothing wrong with pekelach for them.

And make sure the food you bring isn't crimbly and mess making. You don't want your child to leave crumbs all over the place. And make sure all wrappers are collected and thrown out-not left on chairs or dropped on the floor.

esuss

Post Sat, Sep 11 2021, 11:09 pm
When my kids were little I would bring a lollipop for them and books to look at. I bought the ArtScroll children’s machzor special for this purpose. They were kept very busy davening along and looking at the pictures.

amother
Sunflower

Post Sat, Sep 11 2021, 11:22 pm
sub wrote:
An extra peckel or 2 for the kid next to you- whose mom didn’t bring one. ( not judging- she prepared it but in her haste it was left in the kitchen counter)
For those who stay a while- books and books and more books.

Exactly this. I always take a few extra lollypops with me and almost every year I have some mothers who are so grateful that I did.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sat, Sep 11 2021, 11:34 pm
Corn Pops or flutes in a ziplock bag.

We did pez as a treat this year.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur