Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How common are fake lashes?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 3:24 pm
I see more ladies wearing extensions than fake lashes but it could be that it's just more obvious or talked about. you do you - it doesn't matter what everyone else does.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 6:25 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
how did they hold up? do you have experience applying them or was the first time smooth sailing?

It was my first time trying and it was pretty smooth! They lasted pretty well (only one fell off and I think I didn't put enough glue there, plus I kept tugging on them to check)

amother
Raspberry

Post Sat, Sep 11 2021, 1:29 pm
amother [ Lemonchiffon ] wrote:
Yes, they're a chatzitza.

False. The semi permanent ones are *not* a chatzitza. The ones you get for a Simcha and the strip ones are a chatzitza

amother
Raspberry

Post Sat, Sep 11 2021, 1:31 pm
You can get the semi permanent individual ones at a lash salon. They look great and very natural and last about 3-4 weeks.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Sep 11 2021, 5:08 pm
Is semi-permanent the same as a lash extension? If not, what's the difference?

writinggirl

Post Sat, Sep 11 2021, 8:48 pm
Anyone have recommendations for very natural wispies/lashes that can be self-applied by someone with no experience?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sat, Sep 11 2021, 8:50 pm
amother [ Raspberry ] wrote:
False. The semi permanent ones are *not* a chatzitza. The ones you get for a Simcha and the strip ones are a chatzitza

Even if they're not a chatzitza at the beginning, once your extensions start falling out and you're in that phase when you're waiting for the rest to fall out and they're not looking all that great anymore, they very likely are at that point a chatzitza. Unless you're doing maintenance every two weeks.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Sat, Sep 11 2021, 9:33 pm

Oh, I was told by my lenient Rav that they are a chatzitza. They only last a couple of weeks. Even permanent is really not l'chatchila.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Sat, Sep 11 2021, 9:38 pm
amother [ Petunia ] wrote:
It's become really really common of late. Mascara has not gotten any better.

What’s difference between extensions and false lashes? Extensions must be done professionally? Which are easiest to apply yourself? Magnetic?

amother
Mimosa

Post Sat, Sep 11 2021, 9:55 pm
Do the extensions make your own eyelashes fall out, when they do? Also can they be applied to bottom lashes?

amother
NeonYellow

Post Sat, Sep 11 2021, 10:50 pm

I keep mine up, I have 45 mins every fortnight.

Our Rabbi said they have to come off for mikva.
Same as my nails, basically….

amother
Raspberry

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 12:36 am
amother [ NeonYellow ] wrote:
I keep mine up, I have 45 mins every fortnight.

Our Rabbi said they have to come off for mikva.
Same as my nails, basically….

Interesting. My rabbi (very scholarly legit rav) said if they look maintained and I always wear them (I do) they are not a chatzita. But he also holds that a fresh gel manicure is not a chatzitza either...so we clearly have rabbis with different shitas.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 12:58 am
Interesting. My rabbi (very scholarly legit rav) said if they look maintained and I always wear them (I do) they are not a chatzita. But he also holds that a fresh gel manicure is not a chatzitza either...so we clearly have rabbis with different shitas.

Wow, this is the 1st time I'm hearing that nail polish is not a chatzitza.

SuperWify

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 2:33 am
I use a growth serum and after a few weeks it looks amazing. When you wear mascara it looks really nice and long.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 4:10 am
SuperWify wrote:
I use a growth serum and after a few weeks it looks amazing. When you wear mascara it looks really nice and long.

Can you link the serum please? Or what's it called? Thanks.

amother
Snowflake

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 4:22 am

Correct, fresh perfect manicure is not a chatzitza.

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 4:41 am
amother [ Lemonchiffon ] wrote:
Wow, this is the 1st time I'm hearing that nail polish is not a chatzitza.

Mainstream BY girl. I even learned this in BY with a very respected yeshivish Rav. Nails that are absolutely perfectly done not chatziza. But really must be perfect and a lot mikvahs still won't let you toivel with it.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 5:11 am
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Mainstream BY girl. I even learned this in BY with a very respected yeshivish Rav. Nails that are absolutely perfectly done not chatziza. But really must be perfect and a lot mikvahs still won't let you toivel with it.

I'd imagine that most people wait until after dipping to have their nails done, unless they have a simcha that night then that might require its own heter.

SuperWify

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 6:04 am
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
Can you link the serum please? Or what's it called? Thanks.

https://www.rodanandfields.com.....LSH01

SuperWify

Post Sun, Sep 12 2021, 6:07 am
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
I'd imagine that most people wait until after dipping to have their nails done, unless they have a simcha that night then that might require its own heter.

I know a lot of people that go with perfect nails (I don’t understand it because their nails are very long but I’m not here to judge). The type that always must have their nails done.

I’d love to be that type but alas I keep THM and my rav wont allow it. When I get a manicure straight after Mikvah my nails are so short it looks funny. DH wants to know why I always have a “yeshivish” manicure… Banging head Surprised (Hint: it’s because I go to the Mikvah darling.)
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics