Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Relative making a wedding and Covid vaccine required
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Maybe

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 8:04 pm
Why can't they sit in a glass box & let you live

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 8:23 pm
Maybe wrote:

It’s THEIR simcha! They can ask guests to wear pink and purple striped clown suits if they want!!

challahchallah

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 8:24 pm
Maybe wrote:

They are. They’ve just invited some vaccinated friends and family into their glass box to celebrate a wedding. OP is free to continue living.

fleetwood

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 8:25 pm
Maybe wrote:

Bec it's their Simcha!

amother
Almond

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 9:50 pm
Maybe wrote:

Because those Covid boxes are open at the top, and air still flows in and around. Do we know how air works?

chanchy123

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 2:42 am
amother [ Almond ] wrote:
Because those Covid boxes are open at the top, and air still flows in and around. Do we know how air works?

It’s unfair to ridicule the decisions of a third party set know nothing about. I agree that there are many options to allow unvaccinated but recovered family members to attend the simcha safely, but in all honesty, to me the reasoning of anti-vaxxers is no less stupid and cruel than you imagine the anonymous hosts of this wedding to be, yet I was able to discuss the issue in a respectful manner without allowing my personal biases to take over. Please give people who think differently than you about the covid vaccine or illness the same respect you want them to give you.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 1:55 am
So my nephew had his wedding. I didnt go because I am not vaxxed.
My son got the shot in order to go to the wedding even though he wasnt planning on it.
My husband kept telling me to get it because no family was coming because they live far away and it would be a nice thing for me to do.

Well not one person cared about the vaccine. No one checked most were not wearing a mask. And the grandmother who they were so concerned about wasnt social distancing ok had a mask on but was in the middle of everyone.
I cant believe that everyone was vaxxed but even so they were not wearing a mask and it is known that the vaccine is not 100% so there could of been people there who had covid and spread it because very few were wearing masks.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 2:15 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So my nephew had his wedding. I didnt go because I am not vaxxed.
My son got the shot in order to go to the wedding even though he wasnt planning on it.
My husband kept telling me to get it because no family was coming because they live far away and it would be a nice thing for me to do.

Well not one person cared about the vaccine. No one checked most were not wearing a mask. And the grandmother who they were so concerned about wasnt social distancing ok had a mask on but was in the middle of everyone.
I cant believe that everyone was vaxxed but even so they were not wearing a mask and it is known that the vaccine is not 100% so there could of been people there who had covid and spread it because very few were wearing masks.

Imagine how afraid (not) they really are from this virus at this point. It’s all a big hype by now.
(Yes it was extremely scary last year, so don’t jump on that)

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 3:07 am
Still don't know why getting a negative corona test isn't good enough? So weird...

DrMom

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 6:13 am
Maybe between the time they sent out the invitation and the time the wedding actually took place, the overall risk of corona went down where they live, so they were more relaxed about it.

annalee

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 7:00 am
As crazy as some of you think those insisting on a vaccine are, they think YOU’RE just as crazy to refuse to vaccinate.

Personally, I think it’s ridiculous to set such limits because the chances of a vaccinated person getting ill enough to need hospitalization seem to be extremely low, so those who are concerned should be vaccinated and not have to worry if others aren’t. But I have plenty of relatives who cannot fathom why someone wouldn’t vaccinate.
I don’t know where you live, but in places outside Lakewood/Brooklyn -ie “out of town” places, and in more modern communities such as Teaneck etc, they are much mire COVID conscious. Though we “in-towners” travel in our little bubble, we seem to be the exception rather than the rule in our COVID laxity.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 8:37 am
LovesHashem wrote:
Still don't know why getting a negative corona test isn't good enough? So weird...

And I offered to take one.
This proves my point, one family member couldn't make it because they needed to take a pcr to fly.
They tested positive and are double vaxxed.
They thought they just had a cold.
If they didn't need the pcr they would of just came to the wedding with a mask and possibly spread it.
That's why I was so upset that the other side only insisted on vaxxed people coming.
My sil doesn't really have a relationship with the other side so they didn't have anyone to talk to.

amother
Darkblue

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 8:40 am
amother [ Amaranthus ] wrote:
They're crazy but they're also entitled to make whatever dumb rules they want at their own party. But they're crazy. And they better not be offended if they have no guests.

They are nuts
Is the wedding in New York
How are people outside New York dealing with indoor venues?

ladYdI

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 8:43 am
So easy to buy a vaccination card!
You think all the people carrying cards for work Broadway or flying are all legitimate cards?!
Think again!

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 8:54 am
ladYdI wrote:
So easy to buy a vaccination card!
You think all the people carrying cards for work Broadway or flying are all legitimate cards?!
Think again!

And so illegal, immoral, and unethical.
It is lying and deceiving others. But who cares.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 9:04 am
I was invited to a wedding recently that required everyone to be tested at the door (regardless of vax status) It said this on a card that came with the invitation.

This was coming from the Kallah's family as they live in a community that is still very very nervous (I have an uncle and aunt from that community and they won't go to any simchos anymore. I feel sad for them Sad )

The chosson is from our community which goes to simchos etc... and is back to normal life (except everyone now stays home when sick bh)

I was unable to attend due to work obligations but my husband went and said that there was basically no one there for the chosson. Like 5 people to dance with him including my husband. His neighbors and friends just weren't interested in having to do the covid test at the door. Crying

I don't understand the whole thing at all since the rapid tests are notoriously unreliable for false negatives and false positives.
People should vaccinate in my opinion to protect themselves from serious illness and death but it doesn't protect others because we can still catch and spread it. The only way to prevent the spread is for people to STAY HOME if they feel even a little sick. This should have been a thing long before covid too.

ora_43

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 9:27 am
On the one hand, it stinks that you weren't able to go, and it sounds like there were other ways they could have done it.

On the other hand, these are weird times, and there are a lot of opinions out there about what the best way is to reduce risk. There are a lot of genuine unknowns, and then a lot of politics on top of that.

I'd try to frame it less as the other side making absurd choices that don't really help anyway, and more as, they did what they could with the knowledge/understanding they had.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 9:34 am
To give the devil it's due, the Amish let the virus run rampant and let those who couldn't survive it die at home but now the virus is a non issue. Same thing happened in frum communities; numerous deaths but now nobody even thinks about it.
In some places, however, the frum community is a real minority and they have to play by the rules so two years in, there are plenty of people who don't have natural immunity and are dependent on vaccines. We have to understand why they are being so careful. A big wedding that spreads coronavirus in a careful community is a chilul Hashem.

amother
Camellia

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 9:49 am
LovesHashem wrote:

I went to a wedding where everyone needed to get a negative pcr test - and needed to document it - and STILL afterwards there was COVID exposure

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 9:53 am
I just got a invitation that said you need to bring vacine card
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics