Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
When breading chicken cutlets, do you...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 2:37 pm
Save the disposable cookie sheets afterwards? Whenever I cook the chicken the breadcrumbs always slide off the parchment paper onto the actual cookie sheet.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 2:56 pm
I dont use anything under the chicken. I just put the chicken directly on the glass dish.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 3:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Save the disposable cookie sheets afterwards? Whenever I cook the chicken the breadcrumbs always slide off the parchment paper onto the actual cookie sheet.

I don’t save it, once it becomes fleishig. I only save the ones that I used for pareve.

zaq

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 3:04 pm
If you're already using parchment paper, why are you bothering with disposable baking sheets? use rimmed baking sheets aka jelly-roll pans or sheet pans (not rimless cookie sheets) and everything will stay where it belongs. Cleanup is minimal because you're using the parchment. Though "real" baking sheets are more expensive initially, the cost of disposables adds up fast. By the time you use foil pans for a few years you could have bought several good-quality "real" pans that will outlast you. Depending on your oven size and serving size, you may want either quarter-sheet or half-sheet pans; full-sheet are used in commercial kitchens and are too big for most household ovens.

H1

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 3:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

If you mean when baking breaded chicken cutlets my answer is I do save pans because chicken is just touching parchment paper and pan gets baked so no raw chicken bacteria. I was thinking of getting non disposable but those are heavy and also the disposables I throw out once they get too greasy so don't have to scrub. I keep in oven drawer so if a few crumbs on it won't get other things dirty

watergirl

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 4:30 pm
zaq wrote:
If you're already using parchment paper, why are you bothering with disposable baking sheets? use rimmed baking sheets aka jelly-roll pans or sheet pans (not rimless cookie sheets) and everything will stay where it belongs. Cleanup is minimal because you're using the parchment. Though "real" baking sheets are more expensive initially, the cost of disposables adds up fast. By the time you use foil pans for a few years you could have bought several good-quality "real" pans that will outlast you. Depending on your oven size and serving size, you may want either quarter-sheet or half-sheet pans; full-sheet are used in commercial kitchens and are too big for most household ovens.

This. I use real cookie sheets for this. Cleanup takes no time at all.

amother
Hunter

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 4:57 pm
I don’t use disposable pans at all. Real conducts heat so much better

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 5:53 pm
I keep it in the fleishig oven for next time.

Fave

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 5:56 pm
Am I the only one that fries breaded cutlets? I feel so glutinous reading the comments.

amother
Chambray

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 6:33 pm
Fave wrote:
Am I the only one that fries breaded cutlets? I feel so glutinous reading the comments.

Nope I fry more often than not bc that's what the fussy kids like best Smile

But sometimes I'll bake and pour some oil over first. The lazy way.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 6:43 pm
H1 wrote:
If you mean when baking breaded chicken cutlets my answer is I do save pans because chicken is just touching parchment paper and pan gets baked so no raw chicken bacteria. I was thinking of getting non disposable but those are heavy and also the disposables I throw out once they get too greasy so don't have to scrub. I keep in oven drawer so if a few crumbs on it won't get other things dirty

The raw crumbs were touching the actual cookie sheet in my case

H1

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 8:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The raw crumbs were touching the actual cookie sheet in my case

So that's what I wasn't clear on your subject is 'When breading chicken cutlets'; is this pan used for breading the cutlets or for baking them? In my case it's used for baking so even if a few raw crumbs land on the pan while still raw I'm not too concerned because it's getting baked which kills bacteria
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen