Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Fasting on Yom Kippur with Corona

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 4:04 pm
I know I will need to ask a rav but I just tested positive for Covid today (yes I'm vaccinated) and I am dreading Yom Kippur. I'm a terrible faster even in the best of circumstances and now with Corona and without the distraction of being in shul and without being able to eat a lot Erev Yom Kippur I don't know how I will manage even sanity wise.

What did Rabbonim tell people with Corona last year? As above I know I will need to ask a Rav. I'm just bracing myself for his response.

amother
White

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 4:06 pm
Refuah shleimah! I don’t know anyone who had corona that was advised to fast. Aylor. Feel better fast!

amother
Buttercup

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 4:12 pm
My dh had covid last yom kippur. Bh he was feeling well enough to fast. Call your rabbi and see what he says. I cant imagine you would be told to do something you didn't feel capable of.

amother
Hunter

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 4:18 pm
I had very mild covid on tisha baav and I was told by multiple rabbis that I am not allowed to fast.

theoneandonly

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 4:21 pm
Dh and I both had mild cases of Corona last Yom kippur and we both fasted.

amother
Chambray

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 4:26 pm
amother [ Hunter ] wrote:
I had very mild covid on tisha baav and I was told by multiple rabbis that I am not allowed to fast.

Tishah ba'av is not yom kippur. Yom kippur is d'oireisa chayav karas. The halacha is way more strict. Had it been yom kippur, you would've probably been told that you must fast.

yidishmamma

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 4:29 pm
My parents both had corona last year yom kippur and didn't fast . My father for sure not don't remember about my mom . I think she was too sick to eat either way

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 4:49 pm
Last year my husband had corona
If I remember correctly
He was told to have shiurim ready just in case
In his case he was told to start with liquid and see if symptoms subside

He had Gatorade and Crackers just in case
And a small schnapps cup

At the end he fasted the whole time.

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Sep 13 2021, 4:56 pm
Since you’re vaccinated you will have a light case so will probably be able to fast.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note