Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Parenting is not a one size fits all
Previous  1  2

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 9:45 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I don’t agree your generation survived. Well they did “survive” but not thrive and too many have very serous issues. Your generation wasn’t parented well out of lack of resources. The next generation wasn’t patented well because yours had issues from the way they were raised. So the new generation is trying to remedy that.

And what was it like for generations before that?
Like wasn’t easy. Parents weren’t perfect.
Ppl were poor worked hard. Kids worked.
Even rich ppl a lot was expected of their kids.
Like was tough in almost every generation.

I don’t believe there is any perfect parenting technique. In every generation the one from before will be ‘debunked’.

While I do use many parenting techniques I’m wary of the ones that do away with parents being in charge.
Part of our mesorah is teaching bec our parents are in charge we learn to listen to rabbanim and Hashem. A parent should be mechanech with love so a child see Hashem as a loving father. But if a parent is no longer in charge how do they perceive everything else?

The world at large no longer listens to or respect authority. I fear that seeping into our culture as well.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 9:54 am
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
And what was it like for generations before that?
Like wasn’t easy. Parents weren’t perfect.
Ppl were poor worked hard. Kids worked.
Even rich ppl a lot was expected of their kids.
Like was tough in almost every generation.

I don’t believe there is any perfect parenting technique. In every generation the one from before will be ‘debunked’.

While I do use many parenting techniques I’m wary of the ones that do away with parents being in charge.
Part of our mesorah is teaching bec our parents are in charge we learn to listen to rabbanim and Hashem. A parent should be mechanech with love so a child see Hashem as a loving father. But if a parent is no longer in charge how do they perceive everything else?

The world at large no longer listens to or respect authority. I fear that seeping into our culture as well.

I’m no fan of the parents not in charge and raising kids as royalty while we the parents slave away for them. But I think the generation that went through the Holocaust and the ones that came to America before the war faced a lot of hardships that shaped them a certain way. It wasn’t their fault. But we can stop that cycle.

Rabbit613

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 9:54 am
behappy2 wrote:
Not only that I believe there isn't one size fits all for all parents. Different parenting approaches work for different ppl.

I agree
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics