Home

Anyone successfully resolve digestive issues?
1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 11:57 am
I’m suffering from constipation, bloating and diarrhea. Bloating is the biggest issue. Worked with a nutritionist for a long time but she was not successful in determining what causes it. Saw a gastro who just said everything is fine. Did anyone work with someone who successfully resolved such issues? Dr, nutritionist, or anyone else. Would love a recommendation.
Back to top

amother




Tulip
 

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 1:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m suffering from constipation, bloating and diarrhea. Bloating is the biggest issue. Worked with a nutritionist for a long time but she was not successful in determining what causes it. Saw a gastro who just said everything is fine. Did anyone work with someone who successfully resolved such issues? Dr, nutritionist, or anyone else. Would love a recommendation.

I looked 7 months pregnant for years
It's been a long long long long road for me.
Very non conventional. Some quite radical practices.
But b"h I'm no longer looking 7 months pregnant, now I only look 2-3 months pregnant, and I celebrate the improvement.
I think if I continue on this path I'll get to the end of it and be completely cleared of this problem in less than a year. .
Feel free to look up process to remove mucoid plaque .
I would do it very gradually.
Lots of buried emotional stuff comes up, so it's good to set up really good support.
Maybe listen to some YouTube's.
See if you feel up for it now, and if not, maybe re-assess at a later time.
The timing's gotta be right for you.

For me personally, eliminating all fruits and sugar/honey/etc. was a great first step.
Back to top

ocean blue




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 1:58 pm
Did you try seeing an allergist? Suffered for years from intermittent diarea, bloating and brain fog. Found out I am allergic to potatoes. I am feeling like a new person ever since. I never even liked potatoes all that much, but even one porato chips could make me sick for days.
Back to top

chocolate moose




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 6:47 pm
Nope. We think that stress plays a part and we don't have any control over that.
Back to top

amother




Aubergine
 

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 6:56 pm
Sounds like SiBO. It’s a simple test to get results.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 7:23 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
Sounds like SiBO. It’s a simple test to get results.
What is this and who tests for it?
Back to top

amother




Junglegreen
 

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 7:26 pm
Go to a kinesiologist
Back to top

dena613




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 8:07 pm
Gastro had You go for extensive blood tests and stool tests before saying you were fine, right?
Back to top

amother




Outerspace
 

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 8:10 pm
Have you tried cutting out dairy and fried food?
Back to top

alrl13




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 8:11 pm
amother [ Tulip ] wrote:
I looked 7 months pregnant for years
It's been a long long long long road for me.
Very non conventional. Some quite radical practices.
But b"h I'm no longer looking 7 months pregnant, now I only look 2-3 months pregnant, and I celebrate the improvement.
I think if I continue on this path I'll get to the end of it and be completely cleared of this problem in less than a year. .
Feel free to look up process to remove mucoid plaque .
I would do it very gradually.
Lots of buried emotional stuff comes up, so it's good to set up really good support.
Maybe listen to some YouTube's.
See if you feel up for it now, and if not, maybe re-assess at a later time.
The timing's gotta be right for you.

For me personally, eliminating all fruits and sugar/honey/etc. was a great first step.


Can you share some of the YouTube links you suggest for this? And some of the techniques you would suggest? When I google it I see the suggestions of using enemas. I wonder if there’s any other way around it.
Back to top

amother




Moonstone
 

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 8:17 pm
I don’t know what you tried so far, and how your nutritionist and gi tried to figure out what’s wrong, but if you want more in depth testing you could look for a functional md. They have specialized testing that can look at things like pathogenic gut bugs, Candida, levels of beneficial flora, pancreatic function and digestive enzyme levels, parasites, inflammation and reactivity in the gut, food allergies and sensitivities, h pylori, sibo, clostridia and so on. If you want good elimination diets look at AIP, whole 30, scd. You basically remove all potentially reactive foods and then slowly add back In to see which are the troublemakers. Personally, removing gluten and dairy and adding in a digestive enzyme has done wonders for my digestive health.
Back to top

amother




Skyblue
 

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 8:31 pm
amother [ Moonstone ] wrote:
I don’t know what you tried so far, and how your nutritionist and gi tried to figure out what’s wrong, but if you want more in depth testing you could look for a functional md. They have specialized testing that can look at things like pathogenic gut bugs, Candida, levels of beneficial flora, pancreatic function and digestive enzyme levels, parasites, inflammation and reactivity in the gut, food allergies and sensitivities, h pylori, sibo, clostridia and so on. If you want good elimination diets look at AIP, whole 30, scd. You basically remove all potentially reactive foods and then slowly add back In to see which are the troublemakers. Personally, removing gluten and dairy and adding in a digestive enzyme has done wonders for my digestive health.



Do you recommended anyone specifically?
Anyone in or near New York?
Back to top

amother




Aubergine
 

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 9:01 pm
SiBO is an overgrowth of bacteria in the GI tract. Bloating is a major signal for SIBO. A GI will test you. This should be the first thing to look for, it’s very common. The test is a simple breathe test. I hope you find relief soon!
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 9:26 pm
dena613 wrote:
Gastro had You go for extensive blood tests and stool tests before saying you were fine, right?
He did blood work, not sure if extensive or not. I don’t think he did stool tests. Would Sibo be included in reg blood work?
Back to top

amother




Stone
 

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 9:39 pm
I had sibo, treated it and reduced stress in my life and my issues are a lot better but not perfect.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 9:43 pm
amother [ Stone ] wrote:
I had sibo, treated it and reduced stress in my life and my issues are a lot better but not perfect.
Are you in Ny? Can you share who diagnosed and treated you?
Thanks for all the suggestions and responses. Any specific recommendations of who helped you would be so appreciated.
Back to top

amother




Moonstone
 

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 9:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
He did blood work, not sure if extensive or not. I don’t think he did stool tests. Would Sibo be included in reg blood work?
SIBO won’t show In bloodwork. You’d need a breath test.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 9:46 pm
amother [ Moonstone ] wrote:
SIBO won’t show In bloodwork. You’d need a breath test.
Thanks, good to know. I will look into it iyh.
Back to top

amother




DarkPurple
 

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 10:51 pm
Nutritionist Eve. Her Instagram is flavorfulfit. She deals with digestive issues and does functional testing. My mother went to her, went on an elimination diet etc. She helped her.
Back to top

esthere6




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 11:13 pm
My niece had massive issue and has been successfully treated for multiple issues -SIBO (one Gastro said she has Crohns), she eats clean (to the extreme no eggs, garlic, onions) and has almost completed her IIN license for nutrition coaching because it became her life calling. When she comes to me she cooks and bakes the most amazing food and I feel so much better. There are natural cures but it’s hard to get in the mindset.
My brother is working with a nutritionist who works on natural foods - lowers body acid and increases salinity and he is doing well.
Everyone needs to find their fix - it takes a lot of work (I’m not there yet) and it takes a long time to get there (so far it’s been life long for me). Wishing you only the best.
Back to top
1, 2  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries

Related Topics Replies Last Post
DD has so many issues. Where to start? Help me help her 😢
by amother
48 Mon, Sep 13 2021, 9:14 am View last post
Have you tried any alternative therapies successfully?
by amother
15 Sun, Aug 29 2021, 9:45 pm View last post
DS (5) with bathroom issues
by amother
4 Sun, Aug 29 2021, 6:55 pm View last post
Sensory issues school age kid regarding O.T
by amother
4 Wed, Aug 18 2021, 2:56 pm View last post
Support group for teens with medical issues
by amother
5 Tue, Aug 17 2021, 3:14 pm View last post