Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Anyone successfully resolve digestive issues?
Previous  1  2

amother
Tulip

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 11:24 pm
esthere6 wrote:
natural foods - lowers body acid and increases salinity

Did you mean salinity or did you mean alkalinity?

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 11:38 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
Sounds like SiBO. It’s a simple test to get results.

Yup, that was my thought too. I'm off gluten, dairy and corn and kind of lowfodmap. It's brutal in the beginning, but once you get these things out of your system you'll feel so much better!
I'd also suggest a GI doc who's knowledgeable in alternative treatment. Feel better!

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 11:53 pm
My story is very different than yours, but may be good for thought.

I was recently diagnosed with crohns.
I was having diarrhea more than anything else (also weight loss, stomach pain, and -mucus in my stool, through I didn't notice it right away)

Sibling has crohns

First gi ruled out EVERYTHING, with blood and stool tests- from celiac to parasites, and everything in between.
Calproctin (I think that's what it's called) was extremely elevated (inflammation marker)...
And I got my colonoscopy which confirmed...

amother
Dill

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 12:01 am
I don't think it's so easy to test for sibo at least thats what my gi dr said. Can only test in a big center or something.

Geulanow

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 1:44 am
My GI tests for SIBO with breath testing, as well as doing breath testing for lactose and fructose intolerances..

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 2:13 am
Geulanow wrote:
My GI tests for SIBO with breath testing, as well as doing breath testing for lactose and fructose intolerances..

Please share name of doctor and location, I need to see such a doctor.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 2:22 am
Do you have IBS maybe?

Try eliminating inflammatory food from your diet, such as gluten and dairy. If those eliminations help, then keep going with it. If you see no change, then may as well add those foods back in to your diet. Just play it by ear and see what your body responds to.

Also, try daily probiotics to increase healthy gut bacteria. And try Metamucil, which really helps with regularity.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 4:22 am
In my case, it was emotional. I cut out someone toxic from my life and my issues resolved.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 6:56 am
I was having queasiness, diarrhea and burping.
I stopped eating meat, poultry and fish and the problems went away.

alrl13

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 7:26 am
Can people share the names of the functional doctors they recommend who can test for everything as well as the GI doctors that can give the breathing test for SIBO?

It would be so helpful to have the actual names of the doctors we can contact. I’ve been to so many GI doctors and natural paths and they didn’t test for all these things mentioned above.

saw50st8

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 7:37 am
My gastro issues are solved by diet. Trial and error. Look at the autoimmune protocol diet, it basically solved so many of my issues. It's not easy.

I also took an everlywell test which shows food sensitivities. I'm sensitive to some weird things (like oregano and zucchini). It was worth every penny.

amother
Rainbow

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 7:37 am
Same symtoms. Linzess changed my life. Talk to a good GI.

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 8:44 am
Getting tested for SiBO if not done in your GIs office can be done at a center. It’s annoying but not the biggest deal. If it’s is SIBO don’t take probiotics unless your GI says to as that can make it worse. Elimination diets will help suppress the symptoms but to get to the bottom of it it’s more complex. On a simplistic level it’s taking antibiotics but it’s very common to have recurrence unfortunately. I hope you find relief fast.

amother
Dill

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 11:35 am
saw50st8 wrote:
My gastro issues are solved by diet. Trial and error. Look at the autoimmune protocol diet, it basically solved so many of my issues. It's not easy.

I also took an everlywell test which shows food sensitivities. I'm sensitive to some weird things (like oregano and zucchini). It was worth every penny.
Is it accurate? Do you feel better now that those items were eliminated? Which test did you take, they have a few?

saw50st8

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 12:38 pm
amother [ Dill ] wrote:
Is it accurate? Do you feel better now that those items were eliminated? Which test did you take, they have a few?

https://www.everlywell.com/pro.....test/

When I stay off those food items (plus others based on elimination diets I've tried) and it has worked. But I'm terrible at staying off those foods and the pain comes back. It was only a piece of the puzzle that I wouldn't have felt if I wasn't off of other foods too.

Geulanow

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 12:49 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Please share name of doctor and location, I need to see such a doctor.

Dr Oleg Katcher
1765 E 19th St, Brooklyn
He also has a Staten Island location.

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Sep 15 2021, 2:28 pm
Dr. Alexandra Shustina is an integrative doctor. She's a board certified GI and uses herbs etc as she feels is needed.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries