Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Two pound bread machine

Mom/Bubby/Morah

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 4:19 pm
I’m in the market for a bread machine to make challa dough . Want to spend around $100 (or less). Please tell me the brand and model that you love.
Tia !

amother
Molasses

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 4:40 pm
Costco had 2 on their website. If you are a member I would buy there, as they usually have great stuff, if you don’t like it you can easily return it, and it is warranted like forever when you buy Costco.

I have a Cuisinart Bread Maker 2lbs CBK-200.
Very content, but it is no different than the Breadman which I had before.

FYI-do not get the bottom of the bucket wet. It rusts and is expensive to replace.

miami85

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 4:51 pm
We have a 2lb bread machine that I love but it's been discontinued on Amazon, but it takes a long time to prepare the dough and a 2lb loaf is kind of small for more than one challah.

sky

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 5:14 pm
I have a 2.5 lb Panasonic machine I have been using weekly or more for the past 11 year BH.
I’m very happy with it.
I know it is discontinued but I think you have to decide which features are important to you and which you can live without.

The one thing I wish mine had is a dough timer. It only has a bake timer. But I think most dont. But next time around is look harder for it bec I like to put up my dough Thursday night before I go to sleep and braid on Friday.

For challah I mix 6.5 cups and and shape into 3 small challah and bake in my oven.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 6:44 pm
I don't think my big Westbend is made anymore
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen