Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
What does your cleaning lady do

NewMom36

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 1:47 pm
How much does your cleaning lady charge?
How many hours does she stay? What kind of jobs does she do?

SuperWify

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 3:47 pm
$14/hour

2 hours 2-3 times a week

She cleans and babysits for me at the same time (I’m home working)

Every time: Mops, cleans the bathrooms, kitchen, vacuums, dishes, folds laundry, puts away the toys

Sometimes, as needed:
changes the linen, polishes silver, cleans the fridge, oven

Basically everything I need.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 3:54 pm
$14 an hour
4 hours on Friday
Cleans the main floor which includes , 2 bathrooms, dining room, living room, kitchen, and 3 bedrooms, entrance way and staircase.
She straightens up the messes, vacuums, sweeps and washes all the floors , cleans whatever needs cleaning in the kitchen. Sometimes that means washing dishes, counters, floors, stove top , table, etc.
She cleans glass and dusts furniture . Does the bathrooms top to bottom.
Sometimes she has time and she’ll change linens upon request etc.
But for the most part she tries leaving my main floor clean. It’s not enough hours for her to clean my other floor which includes another bathroom, playroom and guest room.

mizle10

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 3:58 pm
Aprox $20/hr 40 hours a week. Does whatever needs to be done in the house plus helps with kitchen prep. Watches my baby when needed.

scruffy

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 3:59 pm
She does everything, and she's free!!!

(The cleaning lady is me)

Fox

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 4:07 pm
$20 per hour for approximately 10 hours per week.

She does routine cleaning and tidying, but she also does a lot of organizing, purchasing, and supervision of landscapers and others.

I discovered she had a flair for decorating that I lack, so I give her a pretty free rein to make recommendations and undertake projects.

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 6:09 pm
$12.50 an hour
X 4 hours a week.

She changes the linen, polishes the bed side tables and dressers, vacuums and mops the floors.
Cleans bathroom
Washes the dishes and cleans the stove, does the kitchen floor.
Cleans dining room table, vacuums and mops the floor, and folds the laundry (approx 4 loads).

tweety1

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 7:06 pm
$12 and he. 3x a week. Sundays it's about 8 hrs. The other 2 is aprox 6 hours. Cleans all the rooms including washing the floors, washes all the bathrooms, dishes, puts on fresh linen when I ask her too, folds towels, playroom, hangs up wet laundry. Then there are those jobs that aren't weekly: washes outside of the cabinets, fridge, oven, microwave, cleans the front yard, washes the hallway and the stairs,
Eta: she usually ends up getting more than the 12x the amount of hours. Because for exp if the amount I owe her for the week is 266 and dh took out 280. He'll just end up giving her the 280. She so dedicated,and doesn't smell, and dresses classy and works well that we try to show her our utmost appreciation for her so we don't nickel and dime her.

Rachel Shira

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 7:19 pm
$12/hour, one hour twice a week
Cleans the kitchen and does the dishes, cleans one bathroom, mops and vacuums main living area, does a small amount of dusting/window cleaning, takes out the garbage and recycling. She does all of that each time she comes. Every once in a long while I’ll have her clean the fridge or freezer or clean the bedrooms instead of something else that day.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 7:35 pm
$15/hr. 6 hours 1 day a week.

applesbananas

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 7:43 pm
Live in help. $520 a week. Used to watch my baby but now I sent him out and she watches my friend baby cuz she has the extra time.
Every morning she makes the beds, gathers the laundy, throws in a load. Clears the bathroom counters, takes out the garbages. Bring down any sippy cups and toys that may have made their way up the day before.
Clears the breakfast table/ dishes
Afternoon: does the bathrooms, linens, vacuuming and folds laundry.
Evening after dinner: cleans up the playroom, cleans the kitchen, loads the dishwasher, washed down the counters, sweeps, mops etc.
Fridays she sets the table and polished silver and does the house more I’m depth.
Thanks for the opportunity to write this out cuz I always think she’s so lazy and doesn’t do a lot but when u write it out it seems like a lot...

Saralle

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 7:52 pm
$14 an hour, once a week for about 5-6 hours.
She cleans up the house, mops, cleans the bathrooms, dishes, stovetop etc every week.
Changes the linen every other week
Fridge, freezer, oven etc as needed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics