Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
If ur home on YK do you daven every tefila?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Sep 16 2021, 4:26 pm
Nope, I literally sent all day in bed so as not to get a migraine. I read viduy last night before I knew the headaches would come.

Success10

Post Thu, Sep 16 2021, 4:37 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Nope, I literally sent all day in bed so as not to get a migraine. I read viduy last night before I knew the headaches would come.

Is it caffeine withdrawal headaches? Or you're not even a "drinker"?

amother
Acacia

Post Thu, Sep 16 2021, 4:47 pm
I didn't daven a thing.
I'm pregnant, and so I sat on the couch the whole day and also watched my 2 active preschoolers.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Sep 16 2021, 5:00 pm
Success10 wrote:
Is it caffeine withdrawal headaches? Or you're not even a "drinker"?
I dont think so, I dont drink anything with caffeine. For me its that I have no hydration at all. Im a big water drinker.

Lady A

Post Thu, Sep 16 2021, 8:25 pm
This year was very challenging. Dh is diabetic and was running a low grade fever, so he was home. Despite hydrating for the past few days, I had a massive headache and felt faint walking around the house. I did shachris.

amother
Sand

Post Thu, Sep 16 2021, 8:27 pm
I wasn't able to. It took every ounce of energy to just fast as required.

OBnursemom

Post Thu, Sep 16 2021, 8:55 pm
Fasting is easier for me when I expend very little energy. I davened maariv, shacharis- brachos, pesukei dizimra, shema, and shmoneh esrei, and those of mussaf, mincha, and neilah. But only one vidui for each and no piyutim. I spent a lot of time on the couch or in bed.

causemommysaid

Post Thu, Sep 16 2021, 9:32 pm
Depends on the year. Some years my kids play nicely and I don't have a baby so I can daven. Other years I have a baby who needs my attention and I can't daven.

This year I didn't have a spare second. Didn't even open my siddur. Actually, I did open my siddur. Then I closed it because everyone needed me at that second. Lol. Baruch Hashem.

dena613

Post Thu, Sep 16 2021, 9:37 pm
This year
I ברוך ה׳ davened a full maariv (no yud gimmel Middos, beyeyechidus)
I davened a nice but abridged shacharis
I Davened brief mussaf (shmoneh esrei)
I davened a crazy no-kavana-whatsoever-while-sitting-with-toddler-on-my-lap mincha shmone esrei

Then got to go to shul(!!!) for part of neilah. Missed Shmone esrei, but got there for beginning of Chazaras hashatz. Stayed until vidui because I thought my kid who was babysitting would be nervous. But I got to be there for Yud Gimmel Middos!!!!

So I davened 4 shmone esreis (kind of really only 3)
And 4 viduim (kind of really only 3)

Was happiest about maariv and neilah

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Sep 16 2021, 9:57 pm
Absolutely not. I got through most of Shacharis and that was all. I wanted to daven Neilah but my kids kept me busy.
My husband always says he davens for the whole family.

bigsis144

Post Thu, Sep 16 2021, 9:58 pm
I got in maariv and shacharis this year. The final ~9 hours of Yom Kippur took everything out of me.

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Sep 16 2021, 10:07 pm
Yes BH! All five, and almost 10 viduys minus 2 I didn't have time for. Kids played nicely with each other, and I had plenty of time in between taking care of them at home (no park for us). I took time release caffeine and Tylenol pills and kalei tzom which all helped a great deal! I had lots of energy. I'm also very careful about what I eat before the fast.

I used to be a terrible faster. I'm so grateful to Hashem for helping me figure out a method that works for me!

amother
Blueberry

Post Thu, Sep 16 2021, 10:12 pm
amother [ Acacia ] wrote:
I didn't daven a thing.
I'm pregnant, and so I sat on the couch the whole day and also watched my 2 active preschoolers.

Same!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 16 2021, 10:18 pm
I davened all tefilos BH. my kids are not babies. they are just about old enough to play for a stretch. I talk when needed and they know to not ask me stuff during shemonah esrei, I tell them before that for the next 5-10 minutes they need to hold their questions, comments, requests...

somehow I still feel like I didnt daven enough, didnt have enough kavana and didnt feel enough repentance. I'm traumatized from this years tragedies and it was extra hard for me to connect.

I'm pregnant and never fast very well, no headaches BH but bad nausea that comes in waves.

oh well.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Sep 16 2021, 10:23 pm
Baruch HaShem I was able to daven all the tefillos. My 3 yr old was pretty behaved. For some reason whenever I daven Avinu Malkeinu she starts to cry. (I daven out loud) She’s been doing this since she’s a baby. I don’t know if she senses the feeling in the Tefillos, or feels my emotions. But it happens without fail every time and I need to comfort her while I’m Davening. But otherwise HaShem blessed me with the ability to daven and fast well this year . I didn’t get to daven at all Rosh Hashana since my son injured himself in shul on Rosh Hashana and I spent the first day of Rosh Hashana in the hospital with him and the next day was pretty hectic too. So at least I had Yom Kippur that I was able to do it.

amother
Tulip

Post Thu, Sep 16 2021, 10:46 pm
Bh I was able to daven mincha on erev Yom Kippur, all 5 tefilos, and maariv after. I was home with one toddler who naps long enough for shacharis and mussaf and went to bed just in time to catch mincha. I was also feeling pretty good, which isn’t guaranteed.

essie14

Post Thu, Sep 16 2021, 11:36 pm
I wish!
I'm not a great faster and dd needed a lot of my attention. I managed 1 shemona esrei with vidui that she interrupted me halfway through.

amother
Canary

Post Thu, Sep 16 2021, 11:37 pm
I’m feeling like a failure with all of you saying either you want to or you did… I did two of the five and even though I could have done more (my three kids were entertaining each other for much of YK) I chose to read. It was too much to daven. I’m being real honest here… anonymous because I’m embarrassed

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Sep 16 2021, 11:44 pm
amother [ Canary ] wrote:
I’m feeling like a failure with all of you saying either you want to or you did… I did two of the five and even though I could have done more (my three kids were entertaining each other for much of YK) I chose to read. It was too much to daven. I’m being real honest here… anonymous because I’m embarrassed

I've had lots of years like that too. Don't let it define you.

Sewsew_mom

Post Thu, Sep 16 2021, 11:46 pm
Did shachris together with my girls until shmoneh esrei (oldest is 8)snd tried to day shmoneh esrei and regretted the decision after. My baby was throwing toys at my other kids and needed attention badly. So scooped her up and went to the park with a tehillim which didn't get much use because she needed my attention. Than after I put my kids to bed I said a quick neila and davened that hashem should continue to give me the strength to deal with my children and we should all be healthy, and please accept my husbands tefillos because he's davening for me. 😁
I'm a very good faster, but not such a good davener...
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur