Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Ariella/Gabriella/zohara

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 11:15 am
The names above- are they really male names made into gurl names? I heard it’s not good to give a girl a boy name that was made from a boy name. Any idea?

amother
Holly

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 11:18 am
Alternatively, I know girls named Arielle, Gabrielle, and Zohar. You don't need the ah at the end. Not sure if that solves your issue though.

amother
DarkRed

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 11:23 am
I know a boy named Zohar, didn't know it's a girl's name too. I would definitely add the ah. Alternatively I know girls named Zahara.

tigerwife

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 11:52 am
They are feminine names taken from boys’ names. I would ask a Rav. I know plenty of other girls name that stem from masculine names (Yosefa, Davida, Daniella, etc) that are common enough to prove that there is a variety of rabbinic opinions on the matter.

zaq

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 2:14 pm
I have nothing against these names religiously, but I'm prejudiced against male names that are feminized by adding an "a" . They just strike me as hokey in any language, but in Hebrew most of all.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names